Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2009, 13:33   #1591
Senior - BHPian

Next course of .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post
K-Ajay: Is the sms/s/e-mail from skoda india or tafe dealer?, I dont get these anyway, wondering if you guys have registered for such an alert.

Team: What's the take on..regarding the latest game plan?
thinking what would work here...influence.....money......escalation!
let's decide on the next course of action...
I didn't get any alert. Atleast nothing yet. I just took it off the Skoda India website and posted for every Fabia owners knowledge. Wonder if everyone check the website every week [I do].

Neither of the three will work here VKJ.. Anything I post here is being deleted, so I'd not be surprised if you don't get to read this.. Next course of action.... we're contemplating it.. And it certainly won't be b
etween these pages. This thread is officially dead [with no disrespect to Nchef]. Wait and see...

Quote:
K_ajay, dont be surprised if the odo gets bumped up by a kilo
I am game for DD hills any time....
Haha.. And me too.. Nandi hills too.. We'll take if offline with the guys.. Obviously, it's 'unrelated' here.
Old 4th June 2009, 17:09   #1592
BHPian

@Madrash --- Looking at your ODO and Trip meter it seems that you are geting a good milaege if the trip was done from tank full to tank full. Can you please specify the milaege of your car.

Off late in summers the milaege of my TDI car has decreased considerably from 18 km/l to 12 km/l. The car has only done 6300 kms in 10 months. No service done as yet.
Old 4th June 2009, 17:34   #1593
VKJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
@Madrash --- Looking at your ODO and Trip meter it seems that you are geting a good milaege if the trip was done from tank full to tank full. Can you please specify the milaege of your car.

Off late in summers the milaege of my TDI car has decreased considerably from 18 km/l to 12 km/l. The car has only done 6300 kms in 10 months. No service done as yet.
Oh! I didnt know that cars too dehydrate...sweat....what's the temp in Delhi these days? its the same phenomenon here, my mileage gets dropped MARGINALLY due to evaporation during summer days. But I have never seen my tdi giving me anywhere near 18kmpl mark....is this highway only or city+highway or only city driving figures....i guess these are average numbers right?
Old 4th June 2009, 17:45   #1594
BHPian

Firstly i was getting around 18.5 km/l in winters in Delhi with a temp of between 15 - 20C, and nw it has come to 12 in the temp upto 43C

But still it seems a little too thirsty!

Quote:
Oh! I didnt know that cars too dehydrate...sweat....what's the temp in Delhi these days? its the same phenomenon here, my mileage gets dropped MARGINALLY due to evaporation during summer days. But I have never seen my tdi giving me anywhere near 18kmpl mark....is this highway only or city+highway or only city driving figures....i guess these are average numbers right?
Old 4th June 2009, 21:40   #1595
BHPian

Netchef: when are you taking your car for the monsoon check ? lets have an update of your steed, as this thread is meant to be solely for that. btw.. where is the stanley ? are you planning on changing your tires ? what's the plan of action about future service and feedbacks about support ?

I got a call today from autobahn, to book my service and pre-monsoon check appointment, taking it there next friday, hope to fix quite some stuff then, monsoons are nearing and that means many impromptu drives out of the city and many more pictures for eye candy, sadly I might not have a place to post it at by then.

Lets get to a consensus of what we need to do now, as its quite clear that none of us want to diversify, are all of the general's posts being deleted ?
Old 5th June 2009, 12:14   #1596
BHPian

Quote:

uneet:
Thats because I tanked up 10 L diesel at a bunk. (I went out of town and wasn't able find a Shell bunk nearby. So ...)

I never noticed this much mileage decrease in my car. For me its always around 16 in Cities and 18 in Highways.
Old 5th June 2009, 13:19   #1597
BHPian

Hey fabiosi

Long time, but we know why. For those of you out of town (Bangalore) and therefore out of the loop, Robin/VKJ/Ajay or self shall keep you posted of plans...sorry, but things sort of got centralised to Bangalore, not a coup in any way nor usurping of power :-)

Monsoon check: nope, haven't fixed an appointment yet to take her to the Docs.
Old 5th June 2009, 14:59   #1598
BHPian

Also Iam using the normal diesel and not the turbo one. Which one do you guys suggest. I guess the SKODA people says to use the normal diesel only.
Old 5th June 2009, 17:48   #1599
BHPian

uneet:
ONLY normal diesel.
Old 5th June 2009, 18:26   #1600
BHPian

I prefer Scotch

Quote:
Also Iam using the normal diesel and not the turbo one. Which one do you guys suggest. I guess the SKODA people says to use the normal diesel only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
uneet:
ONLY normal diesel.

...but my frugal, considerate Czech Princess sips normal diesel! Shell diesel.
Old 6th June 2009, 11:06   #1601
VKJ
BHPian

Anyone Vodka here

State run KSRTC is currently using Biodiesel for ~20% of its fleet.
How much would a biodiesel cost in india currently? Which are the cars in india currently capable of running on biofuels?
Netchef, what's the price diff b/n normal and shell diesel.
Old 6th June 2009, 11:17   #1602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fabia wipers are long & short in the front & rear respectively for fiat hatchback.....is it not possible to get/fit palio wipers for adventure or is it not available in the after market place...
The adventure wipers are fixed to the glass and are straight ones unlike the palio wipers which have a small bend since its fixed to the body. And the adventure wiper is not available anywhere.

Can someone let me know how long the rear wipers are on the fabia. (Whats the size?). Really love the looks of the fabia rear wipers and want to get those fitted if at al possible.
Old 6th June 2009, 13:10   #1603
VKJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
The adventure wipers are fixed to the glass and are straight ones unlike the palio wipers which have a small bend since its fixed to the body. And the adventure wiper is not available anywhere.

Can someone let me know how long the rear wipers are on the fabia. (Whats the size?). Really love the looks of the fabia rear wipers and want to get those fitted if at al possible.
okie...Here comes the size...the rear ones are 15" long[fulcrum to edge] and its a two piece leg[2/3rd and 1/3rd pieces respectively].
Old 8th June 2009, 23:07   #1604
BHPian

Fabia 1.2 supply discontinued temporarily

Spoke to the local Skoda dealer today. Apparently they are not going to receive new batches of the Fabia petrol till August. The cars sold from August will have a higher percentage of localization. I am not sure about the Fabia diesel though.
Old 14th June 2009, 08:32   #1605
BANNED

FABIA drive - 400Kms

I own a swift VDI and I happened to drive the Skoda fabia TDI for 400 kms two days back.

Wow it is a amazing car.I will make it short and sweet...

Positives

*Superb ride,suspension.drives well planted even on 140+ and good at curves.
*Lots of space ,but me being a 6 footer ,i knee kept hitting the dash.
*A/C good, but throw was bad and too noisy
*Superb pick us on the hignways and in gears and right from 1200RPM till 3500
* great pick up even on hills

Negatives
* Dash design
* Horn pad too tight to honk
* Seat back adjustment not handy
* wiper switches little confusing..may be am new to this
* pricing
* Too noisy engine - felt like driving a TATA 407

Overall - the initial pick of swift is good ,but after 30km/hr it is Skoda Fabia

Thanks...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks