Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2009, 20:59   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSN View Post
The on road cost for the car was 7.76 L. Overall cost was approximately
8.0 L (seat covers, reverse sensors, mats, car cover, 3M paint protection, Dinitrol treatment).
Congrats SSN. A few queries.

What kind of reverse sensors have you installed? Did the dealer do the installation for you? How much did they cost?
Old 3rd March 2009, 02:33   #47
SSN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Hey SSN
Congratulations on the new car, she really is a beauty. Just a question, any particular reason, price apart, that you picked the petrol over the diesel?
Thanks. No. Price was the only factor which influenced my decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Congrats. You car looks lovely in black. A rare case where the OE alloys look really nice!
Do post a detailed driving experience soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Congrats there, thats one hot set of wheels. Take care and drive safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Linea in black looks so cool!
Congrats mate.
And the seat covers complement the interiors well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
Sure you are getting a lot of admiration -
The interiors are simply jaw dropping... and I am salivating seeing them...
Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Congrats on your new Linea 1.4 Emotion SSN !! Car looks lovely in black and the seat covers match the interiors so well. Looks like the entire car interior has been done up by an upholstery firm like Stanley's. Wow. An excellent value for money car at 8L I would say, though power wise it isn't great compared to Honda City, Ford Fiesta 1.6, Suzuki SX4 etc. However it's the overall package that really matters isn't it ?

Congrats once again on this superbly sculpted black beauty. Wish you tens of thousands of kilometres of enjoyable motoring !!

Any plans on tyre/wheel/car audio upgrades ?

Warm regards,
Venkat
Thanks. You are right. Its the overall package which matters. No plans for upgrades in the immediate future. Maybe an audio upgrade some months down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
@ssn, congrats on the new car. Looks great, especially in Black. Enjoy the drive (and the admiration).

Since you have a guy to clean it daily, a major chunk of the problem is solved. What remains is the fact that scratches would show more clearly on black than on a color like silkySilver. But, again most cars look the hottest in black, especially with a coat of polish on. So, its your call.
Thanks. I sure am enjoying both .

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Alright! There is a Petrol Linea on T-BHP, Congrat SSN.The black looks really stunning, there is a Linea Black on display at Bangalore and Hyderabad Airports it looks amazing. Take care of it and drive safe.

P.S. I got back to town in the morning, hopefully getting mine delivered tomorrow. But unfortunately it is the Flamingo Red, the black is going to take a lot more time, so opted out.
Thanks. Flamingo Red looks great on the Linea. Actually I had decided to go for that colour after the TD. But opted for the Black while booking my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
The black linea looks sexy! Choice of interiors is really good, matches with the two-tone dashboard perfectly.Congrats man!
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Congrats SSN. A few queries.

What kind of reverse sensors have you installed? Did the dealer do the installation for you? How much did they cost?
Reverse sensors are a brand named Xenon. The dealer did the installation. The cost was around 4k. I am sure they will be available cheaper in the market but I wanted the job to be done by someone accountable.
Old 3rd March 2009, 09:27   #48
BANNED

Congrats SSN on your purchase, surely this is a great looking car.

What is that 3M paint protection is it teflon coating? how much did it cost?
Old 3rd March 2009, 11:09   #49
sps
BHPian

Congrats SSN. Any car is beautiful in black. So what if the car itself is beautiful. Excellent choice SSN.

Quote:
Besides I think the GC for the petrol vehicle is higher then the diesel one.
Is this true? Or is it due to the weight difference between petrol and diesel engines?
Old 3rd March 2009, 11:38   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
what are the challenges? asking because i am looking at buying one. I have a person who will clean it everyday - anything else i should be worried about?
Scratches show up on black very prominently, so you got to take a lot of care in ensuring that scratches are touched up immediately, regular polishing and buffing, so that whirls etc are not easily visible and the gloss remains spectacular. Apart from that, black tends to get a lil hot in the Indian summer, so thats a lil more load on your A/c.

But damn, if you take good care of her, then a Black beauty like SSN's Linea is simply mindblowing.
Old 3rd March 2009, 16:37   #51
BHPian

Hi... can you help me with how much tyre pressure i should keep in my Linea petrol emotion....?
Old 3rd March 2009, 17:46   #52
SSN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Congrats SSN on your purchase, surely this is a great looking car.

What is that 3M paint protection is it teflon coating? how much did it cost?
Thanks.
Yes it is. Cost me 4.5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
Congrats SSN. Any car is beautiful in black. So what if the car itself is beautiful. Excellent choice SSN.

Is this true? Or is it due to the weight difference between petrol and diesel engines?
Thanks buddy.
In the brochure they have listed the Diesel's GC as 161 mm and the Petrol's GC as 165mm. Logically, it could be because of the weight difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine freak View Post
Hi... can you help me with how much tyre pressure i should keep in my Linea petrol emotion....?

28-30 psi is what they have recommended.
Old 3rd March 2009, 18:40   #53
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Thats a wonderful car.
Enjoy the drive and drive safely.
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:49   #54
rdp

Congrats on your new purchase. Have been reading in various posts about Linea regarding broken levers, handles and even the ORVM getting broken easily. Does the quality of fittings actually feel this fragile ? Have booked a petrol emotion++ and am quite alright with the engine power and fe (whatever it is). But things coming apart in the car is something quite unimaginable even in the case of the first Maruti 800 that I bought years ago. Your comments would be appreciated.
Old 3rd March 2009, 20:57   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdp View Post
Congrats on your new purchase. Have been reading in various posts about Linea regarding broken levers, handles and even the ORVM getting broken easily. Does the quality of fittings actually feel this fragile ? Have booked a petrol emotion++ and am quite alright with the engine power and fe (whatever it is). But things coming apart in the car is something quite unimaginable even in the case of the first Maruti 800 that I bought years ago. Your comments would be appreciated.
Dont know about others but in my td last sat i found 2 Lineas at showroom with broken seat levers and the TD car one was in almost broken state. You touch it and the quality doesnt looks good at all.
Old 3rd March 2009, 21:16   #56
SSN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Congrats. Thats a wonderful car.
Enjoy the drive and drive safely.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdp View Post
Thanks.
The fittings do not seem so fragile. Thankfully everything is working perfectly fine in my car (touchwood). Also had a look at the demo car and the TD car at the dealer and found the quality of fittings to be quite alright.
Glad to hear u too have booked the vehicle. Which color have u opted for and when is the delivery expected?
Old 4th March 2009, 11:11   #57
rdp

Quote:
Thanks

Thanks.
The fittings do not seem so fragile. Thankfully everything is working perfectly fine in my car (touchwood). Also had a look at the demo car and the TD car at the dealer and found the quality of fittings to be quite alright.
Glad to hear u too have booked the vehicle. Which color have u opted for and when is the delivery expected?
Hi SSN. Have booked a minimal grey and got a call from the dealer ystrday informing that they are expecting the car by 10th March.
Old 4th March 2009, 11:47   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Dont know about others but in my td last sat i found 2 Lineas at showroom with broken seat levers and the TD car one was in almost broken state. You touch it and the quality doesnt looks good at all.

I m sorry to hear that, but atleast till now i have not come across anything disturbing in my car. the quality seems good. the test drive cars are treated very roughly. the seat recliner is a lil hard compared o my other cars but does not feel like it ll break unless it s fought with.

though on the first day when my mom was driving right behind me she said that the rear tyre s seemed to be wobbling, even though when later i got the tyre pressure checked it turned out to be ok. can anyone tell me why this might be happening ????? even though the drive seems smooth enough.
Old 4th March 2009, 13:11   #59
Senior - BHPian

Congrats SSN and yes its raining Lineas on team-bhp!
Old 4th March 2009, 14:59   #60
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!guess the first BLACK Linea on T-BHP.
What's that when you open the arm rest metal body is seen.
It would've been good if they covered with leather upholstry.
Attached Thumbnails
MY Fiat Linea Petrol Emotion Hip-Hop Black-car7.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks