Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:58   #346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Till then let me enjoy the Italian beauty with all her make-ups, fashion items worn, gorgeous poise, curves, moves etc which are not available in other cars
This is what we linea owners are doing irrespective of various niggles. But it is hightime fiat buck up and be awake. we cannot be in the same mood for ever.......
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:54   #347
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
This is what we linea owners are doing irrespective of various niggles. But it is hightime fiat buck up and be awake. we cannot be in the same mood for ever.......
100% agree. In < 3 months, I've been to TASS 5-6 times for some or the other reason. thats high. even lost my temper once.
My worry is that bonnet bulge. That's also spreading like Chromestrips & Swine Flu. will have to keep an eye on that as well.
Old 2nd July 2009, 17:20   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
100% agree. In < 3 months, I've been to TASS 5-6 times for some or the other reason. thats high. even lost my temper once.
My worry is that bonnet bulge. That's also spreading like Chromestrips & Swine Flu. will have to keep an eye on that as well.
Till now, only 1 visit to TASS and that too because dealer forgot to give code card. Other than that am fine sticking chrome strips myself

Regarding bonnet bulges thread, NOO please stop that in red one's and Karthik's car only. Fun will turn serious if that happens as well.
Chroms strip resolved using fevi bond
Bonnet bulges using Hammers ?
Old 2nd July 2009, 17:33   #349
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Till now, only 1 visit to TASS and that too because dealer forgot to give code card. Other than that am fine sticking chrome strips myself
My 5-6 TASS visits is excluding ChromeStrips which I'm happy & comfortable sticking myself than to rely on them. Still 5-6 visits !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Regarding bonnet bulges thread, NOO please stop that in red one's and Karthik's car only. Fun will turn serious if that happens as well.
Chroms strip resolved using fevi bond
Bonnet bulges using Hammers ?
Hmmm. Can not see any "Dadima Ke Nuskhe" there for Bonnet Bulges
Old 12th July 2009, 00:00   #350
BANNED

Was out-of-town & was missing my Linea.
Got a hand on her today after 10 days, much awaited.
Another Saturday, another day with 16 kmpl FE @ 45-50 kmph avg speed in city with 100% AC ON

Another update:
Got viper fluid tank changed today. It was ordered 15 days back. DId not come for 12 days, finally spoken to that Corporate Quality person from Fiat who came & met me earlier. Did he send the part? No, he sent the vendor (who manufactures & supplies this tank to Fiat) with a fresh tank for replacement. Meanwhile, the TASS ordered tank also came separately.

When I went to TASS & introduced the vendor to TASS, they were like . I asked the vendor that he did not need to come when the tank has reached dealer previous day. He said that they wanted to assess how viper tank can get damaged. This is the very first case & they supply it to not only Linea but Palio, Tata cars, Logan & whole lot of others.

Linea "Built like a Tank" ? You bet. The viper tank was fixed in its place with 2 big Rivets instead of screws (surely they would not have expected it to get damaged). TASS mechanics tried every trick to break/ crack the Rivets to no avail. It just did not budge. Finally they had to remove the rivet by drilling it. The rivet was also not budging against the drill. It took them 1.5 hours.
More later.
Till date
No Bonnet Bulge
No Squeaking Noise
No Rattles
No Niggles

Still there is 1 more TASS visit pending. What is it? I'll do it & then post it
Old 12th July 2009, 10:17   #351
BHPian

My next car will surely be a Linea

I saw Linea when it was launched and both me and my wife thought the rear headroom was quite less, but having seen the beauty on the road we have changed the view. We are not going to sit on the rear seat anyhow it will be our daughter who will be sitting so why not. After having read through the forum I feel Linea is my next car for sure!

Love you FIAT & Team BHP
Old 12th July 2009, 23:47   #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
I saw Linea when it was launched and both me and my wife thought the rear headroom was quite less, but having seen the beauty on the road we have changed the view. We are not going to sit on the rear seat anyhow it will be our daughter who will be sitting so why not. After having read through the forum I feel Linea is my next car for sure!

Love you FIAT & Team BHP

Hi,
u have taken a right decision i had got my Linea emotin pack red two days back.
man its a fabulous car i dont know how to place the pics of my new beauty please show me the way,
i want to share my experince with others.... please let me know how to do that....
Old 13th July 2009, 10:56   #353
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshya Sharma View Post
Hi,
u have taken a right decision i had got my Linea emotin pack red two days back.
man its a fabulous car i dont know how to place the pics of my new beauty please show me the way,
i want to share my experince with others.... please let me know how to do that....
Lakshya

Welcome to t-bhp Linea Club. Enjoy the Italian beauty !

For details on how to upload pics, pls visit FAQ section, link below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html
Old 13th July 2009, 20:59   #354
BANNED

I thought of taking stock of my no. of visits to TASS for various reasons & cost (Delivery date 9th Apr'09). Here it comes...

1st Visit - 12th Apr'09

PDI was not done properly. The steering was not centre-aligned but was tilting just a little towards right hand side (around 5-10 degrees) when car is going straight line. When I align steering to exact centre, car slightly goes to left. Another reason for service sation visit was i noticed impressions of water drops all over the cars. its like water was sprayed on the car & someone forgot to wipe so drops left impression when dried.

After 3 attempts & 2 test drives, steering got aligned to the centre. To remove hard water drop marks, they washed the car & then they washed it with diesel also but marks didn't go. So requested me to come next day for 3M polish/ buffing.

Cost - Rs. 0.0

2nd Visit - 13th Apr'09

They did the 3M polish/ buffing on the car to remove those water drop marks (of course free of cost). The car looked awsome with great shining after polishing. The water drop marks got very very faint (I think now they are not visible)

Cost - Rs. 0.0

3rd Visit - 18th Apr'09

Brushed the front bumper on left side with a small 8-10 inches BMC pole on the Road. Accidental repairs within a week of ownership. Sigh. Got the repairs done - front bumper changed, got new rear Fiat Badge also fixed. not counting the visit to pick up the car after repairs.

Cost : Rs. 9648/-

4th Visit - 29th May'09

This visit was with different TASS, their Worli SS. This was just to fitting mudflaps.

Cost : Rs. 650/-

5th Visit - 15th Jun'09 - 1st Service & Plastic issue

This visit was for the 1st service. Meanwhile, I faced some issues with interior plastics, got very upset & annoyed (details in my earlier posts) & blasted at FIAT. So, Fiat sent their Corporate Quality person from Pune to Mumbai. He was (& is) extremely helpful. !st service was done, was extremely happy & satisfied with Fiat staff's visit to know that Fiat is with us all along.

Cost : Rs. 75/-

6th Visit - 29th Jun'09

2 reasons for this visit - 1) to replace Central Satia (panel just below the central AC vents) housing hazard lights switch & 2) to get the dealer name sticker from rear windscreen which they forgot to remove during 1st service.

Central Satia became loose from left side & was going inside when a switch is pressed. the screw housing inside was broken.

Cost : Rs. 0.0 (replaced under warranty)

7th Visit - 11th July'09

Earlier visit, I mentioned to TASS that how come after 1st service imdtly, viper fluid in my car got over. Didn't they check it? They topped it up in my 6th Visit on 29th Jun but did not see that actually the viper fluid tank is damaged & leaking which I found out next day. So, called them. They sent their mechanic. Examined & declared that it needs to be changed. He called his store, found part not available & ordered it.

I made 2-3 inquiries in next 10 days during which they tried to get the part to no avail. Then I called my usual & always helpful resource - Fiat Corporate quality person who came & met me earlier & requested if he can do something as I was thinking of taking car on long drive.

Did he send the part? No. Instead he sent the Vendor who supplies that part from Pune to Mumbai for my car. THe vendor fixes the appt with me. So, the 7th visit was on 11th July'09. Vendor came with the part & TASS replaced it. It usually is not under warranty but as a goodwill gesture, it was replaced Free of Cost.

Cost : Rs. 0.0

So, now I can count exactly, 7 visits to TASS. Actually, this has helped me a lot as I now have exact idea what to expect & what not to expect from TASS, what things I need to take care etc.
Only grouse is on Wify's part on my spending weekend time with TASS. Anyway she is getting jealous of my Linea for grabbing more attention.

Total Cost : Rs. 75/- (if we exclude accidental repair cost of Rs. 9648)

More later...

Last edited by VahanPujari : 13th July 2009 at 21:00.
Old 13th July 2009, 21:20   #355
BHPian

@ VahanPujari - Are you the only person T-BHP to have this viper fluid tank problem? I missed lot of action in last 2 weeks or so. I am not sure about you, but I am quite upset to see such things happening in Linea MJD E+, which anyway is 9 L car. The plastic seems to be really below par, it's interesting to hear that the tank shared with palio etc. Niggling issues are going beyond being *niggling* now...reminded me of 3 tank replacements on our Flyte that my wife has finally stopped using after getting frustrated with regular problems.
Old 14th July 2009, 10:10   #356
BANNED

Manish7,

I think apart from me the other Linea owners here have not faced this viper fluid tank issue. In fact, I've the distinction of coming up with most things which most of the Linea owners have not faced . Have a dubious distinction for being pioneer, even the TASS also shares the same thing.

Mine is not MJD, its Petrol Emotion Pack which is below 8 Lacs OTR.

Did I say that Linea viper fuild tank is shared with Palio? No. I have not, as far as I remember.

What I mentioned is that the supplier for this tank also supplies it to lots of other cars he says - Linea, Palio, Tata cars, Mahindra Renault Logan, & many more I do not remember form the list he mentioned.

I don't know about others but I'm extremely happy with Linea & my thread from 1st post till last post covers everything candidly. All positives which I love & also the negatives which are very frankly amplified with a microscope to anylyse, disect & ripped apart just because we were very very skeptical & touchy. To me, I must say, Fiat & Linea came out trumps.
Old 14th July 2009, 10:32   #357
BHPian

@ VahanPujari

Yes Man! Your reviews & inputs were most objective, and gave all the details. In fact if I ever buy Linea (am not sure, I don't have tolerance & patience to match you), you would be one of the most crucial influences. You ought to post this in

This statement made me wonder if it is the same tank shared with Palio -

Quote:
When I went to TASS & introduced the vendor to TASS, they were like <<<rolleyes>>. I asked the vendor that he did not need to come when the tank has reached dealer previous day. He said that they wanted to assess how viper tank can get damaged. This is the very first case & they supply it to not only Linea but Palio, Tata cars, Logan & whole lot of others.
I think the plastic quality is definitely an issue with Linea though. I hope now after increasing price by 25k, they have put in some better quality plastics in their premium car. C'on man - at 8L or 9L, Linea is positioned as C+ segment car, not as economic Nano stuff, right?
Old 14th July 2009, 11:22   #358
Senior - BHPian

Of wiper fluid tanks and brushes with poles

Hi Vahan, I could not help but wonder if the wiper fluid tank somehow got damaged when you brushed against that pole or when reparing the damage caused by that mishap.

Cheers,
Old 14th July 2009, 12:37   #359
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Hi Vahan, I could not help but wonder if the wiper fluid tank somehow got damaged when you brushed against that pole or when reparing the damage caused by that mishap.

Cheers,
I also tried to find root cause or the reason causing damage to viper fluid tank. The possibility of getting it damaged in that small mishap with pole is highly remote as that happened in April & after the repairs, viper fluid was working alright for almost 2 months. Only possibility could be that because of that small mishap (& the tank is on the same left-hand side where the bumper got brushed up with that pole), the tank might have developed fine leakage/ breakage / split which got bigger with 2 months of running & may have got widened when car may have hot potholes later.

The fluid got over just after the 1st service. In 1st service, I got the front bumper fitting re-aligned but that was only less than half a centimeter. And it was done just by realigning & tightening 3 screws. Am not sure whether that caused some kind of stress on the fluid tank & eventually it gave its way.

In fact, Fiat corporate quality person has sent the vendor just for this - to assess how it could have been damaged. They've taken the damaged part back for assessment & necessary improvement in future & Corp Quality person also called me back that they've received the part & are looking into it.
Old 14th July 2009, 12:58   #360
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
This statement made me wonder if it is the same tank shared with Palio -
Actually, what I meant was they supply the viper fluid tank to other cars, does not necessarily the same tanks. I also asked him the same thing. The tanks for different cars would be different. e.g. he said the tanks used in Punto are different as they've 2 different motors/pumps for front nozzles & rear nozzles to spray water.

Quote:
am not sure, I don't have tolerance & patience to match you
I also never had patience & tolerence levels for such things & hence blew the fuse earlier on plastic issues, thats typical me.
Thinking back, I think when I chose Linea, I did not expect a moon-like experience in A.S.S. I think subconciously I made the decision keeping in mind the reality & pragmatism in mind. Further pondering over it, I think I'm ok with it as long as I get all these premium features at below 8 Lac OTR price for stupendous Ride & Handling Qualities, Superb build, Stability on highways at very high speeds, Dropdead looks etc etc.

I don't mind paying around 50K-75K (or may be Rs. 1 Lac with something more) extra but then which car would give me all of the above with pricing 50K-75K higher than Linea?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks