Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2009, 21:55   #226
Senior - BHPian

Its very embarassing to read the last 2 pages. I was tossed between few sedans for my next upgrade. Reading the last posts, I dont feel like being another guinea pig for fiat. Sad to hear all these. I wonder how the Punto will be different from these poor quality plastic and related issues !!
Old 12th June 2009, 23:48   #227
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Its very embarassing to read the last 2 pages. I was tossed between few sedans for my next upgrade. Reading the last posts, I dont feel like being another guinea pig for fiat. Sad to hear all these. I wonder how the Punto will be different from these poor quality plastic and related issues !!
We'll have to wait & see. Till now I was ok that atleast there is an intent on improving & may be still is. But now I can say old habits die hard. They'll have to really change & it'll not be easy.

I heard GP also share the same interiors as that of Linea. I'm now clear on 1 thing - These plastics that they've given in Linea will trouble them big time. You just have to see & touch them & you'll know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
If the Turkish parts and glue are the culprits then does it mean that with more localisation, recently manufactured Linea and GP's wouldn't have these problems?

I guess most of the Linea's on this forum were the first lot manufactured. Maybe a recent Linea owner can tell us of any improvement in plastics and chrome....
Mine is delivered on 9th April, delivered to dealer on 31st March whereas Linea was launched on 17th jan. So it was after 2.5 months after the launch that my car was delivered. Glue is OK, but how will they change how the levers & plastic caps/ covers are fixed or even made as they look so fragile. One thing is the material & the other is fit & finish.

More importantly the intent. 2nd & 3rd escalation mail, I had marked even to CEO desk. The guy called imdtly & I did not say anything just asked - has he read my mail? He said yes & himself offerred that they want to inspect my car - when & which dealer i can leave it. When I asked details he said Quality team will come. But when I checked with the service station for the agreed day, there is no intimation that anyone is coming. Most certainly no one is coming. Its such things that irritates one when someine tries to pull a fast one.

In 1st service on Sunday I've no expectations - though I've a list of 10 - 12 items to be taken care of (all small items). Linea advisors won't be there & they didn't tell me that when I booked the appointment earlier.

They surely have to learn what is called professionalism in their entire service set up starting with dealing with customers to service station
Old 13th June 2009, 08:29   #228
BHPian

Buddy, why don't you postpone the service appointment to when Linea advisors are there?
IMO there's no hurry to to servicing when the relevant staff is on leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post

In 1st service on Sunday I've no expectations - though I've a list of 10 - 12 items to be taken care of (all small items). Linea advisors won't be there & they didn't tell me that when I booked the appointment earlier.
Old 13th June 2009, 10:25   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buddy, why don't you postpone the service appointment to when Linea advisors are there?
IMO there's no hurry to to servicing when the relevant staff is on leave
i second that too. why dont you take it on monday?.
Old 13th June 2009, 10:34   #230
Senior - BHPian

I talked to my salesman and he advised me not to give my Linea for servicing atleast till 17 June,
Nearly all service personnel including salesmen have gone for Punto training and there are very few Linea SA to look after as they are busy training for Punto. I will give my Linea for servicing only after 20th to have peace of mind as per my salesman's views. Even the dealer himself told me that there are few peope at showroom only.

Also am planning to fire a mail to tata-fiat officials regarding their poor servicing abilities and give Links to threads of Carspg and Vahanpujari, will also tell them what Team BHP is all about, if Skoda can be bashed on the homepage here even Fiat is not far away
Old 13th June 2009, 11:03   #231
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
IMO there's no hurry to to servicing when the relevant staff is on leave.
Well, we've all our commitments, right? Accordingly I booked the appointment 15 days back. I can give it in service only on sunday as my home-office distance is 31 kms & the service station is nearer to home. And now i've come to know that their linea advisors have an off-day on sunday so next sunday won't be any different either.

I had considered other option to give it to tata company service station nearer to my office on weekdays but may be do it from 2nd service onwards as I've some followup issues which I want the earlier service station to take care of for continuity as they've done the job & I've purchased car from them. They can not get away from their responsibility.

They better do a good service else will not be spared. And am not sure about quality of Linea advisors. At times I found Linea advisors worst than tata advisors
Old 13th June 2009, 11:19   #232
Senior - BHPian

It seems FIAT has all messed up again ,
Well atleast in Delhi quality of Linea SA is better than chennai and other cities. My friend went to Rama motors delhi and he was very impressed as they fixed his broken ORVM within minutes and he said he was treated with respect from gate to reception so i dont think i should face any problem but lets see what standards they show in 1st service
Old 13th June 2009, 14:32   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine is delivered on 9th April, delivered to dealer on 31st March whereas Linea was launched on 17th jan. So it was after 2.5 months after the launch that my car was delivered. Glue is OK, but how will they change how the levers & plastic caps/ covers are fixed or even made as they look so fragile. ates one when someine tries to pull a fast one. One thing is the material & the other is fit & finish.
The part about Turkish glue being replaced with Italian one and the chrome stip sticking well after that is a recent post by one of the members in the niggling Linea issue thread. Localisation must have gone up after 9th April too. We should wait for feedback from customers whose cars are manufactured post May 1st or GP customers will able to update us on whether plastics are holding up well now.

Finish of Palio interiors is also not good but nothing falls off or rattles in that car - at least in my 2003 model thats completed 72,000 kms.
Old 13th June 2009, 14:40   #234
BANNED

Quote:
The part about Turkish glue being replaced with Italian one and the chrome stip sticking well after that is a recent post by one of the members in the niggling Linea issue thread. Localisation must have gone up after 9th April too. We should wait for feedback from customers whose cars are manufactured post May 1st or GP customers will able to update us on whether plastics are holding up well now.

Finish of Palio interiors is also not good but nothing falls off or rattles in that car - at least in my 2003 model thats completed 72,000 kms.
OK. agreed. If that happens i.e. new set of Lineas come with improved Plastics/ levers, glue etc, Shouldn't Fiat rectify it in earlier Linea-Owners cars? I think it should. And if they & we're confident that new set of Linea's will have these things rectified, then they should rectify the same in my & other initial owners Lineas. Let's see what they do it in my Car.
If they replace/ rectify everything with better quality material, we'll come to know what new set of Linea's are going to get.
Old 13th June 2009, 14:44   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OK. agreed. If that happens i.e. new set of Lineas come with improved Plastics/ levers, glue etc, Shouldn't Fiat rectify it in earlier Linea-Owners cars? I think it should. And if they & we're confident that new set of Linea's will have these things rectified, then they should rectify the same in my & other initial owners Lineas. Let's see what they do it in my Car.
If they replace/ rectify everything with better quality material, we'll come to know what new set of Linea's are going to get.
If it's lever's, plastic caps etc then these will be replaced with the new Indian ones and may hold up well if the quality is better then Turkish ones.

June 17th will tell us if the improvements have been made. Linea owners should get to their nearest Fiat dealership and yank and pull at Grande Punto lever's and plastics and check if they break. Since you guys know exactly which parts are prone to breaking, you will know exactly what to pull at .
Old 13th June 2009, 14:54   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
June 17th will tell us if the improvements have been made. Linea owners should get to their nearest Fiat dealership and yank and pull at Grande Punto lever's and plastics and check if they break. Since you guys know exactly which parts are prone to breaking, you will know exactly what to pull at .
I got delivery of my LINEA on 8 april completed 2500 kms and till now not a single rattle or plastic piece has come off from the car.
People claim seat height adjuster or bonnet lever to be fragile, dont know about bonnet lever as have used that only a few times but regarding height adjuster lever,
There are 3 drivers in our family and till now lever is intact with 2 months of usage and each driver setting height to his preference.

MAy get to see the Punto on 16 so will pull those levers as you say and tell the difference.
Old 13th June 2009, 14:59   #237
BANNED

Quote:
If it's lever's, plastic caps etc then these will be replaced with the new Indian ones and may hold up well if the quality is better then Turkish ones.

Ha ha ha thats too good. to see Linea owners yanking & pulling GP lever's & plastic venting their anger.
Old 13th June 2009, 14:59   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
People claim seat height adjuster to be fragile, regarding height adjuster lever, There are 3 drivers in our family and till now lever is intact with 2 months of usage and each driver setting height to his preference.
Does your driver's seat go down on it's own? Quite a few Linea owners have reported on that.

Quote:
MAy get to see the Punto on 16 so will pull those levers as you say and tell the difference.
That would be perfect.
Old 13th June 2009, 15:04   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does your driver's seat go down on it's own? Quite a few Linea owners have reported on that.
Amit
Yes it does because the height adjusting lever is so long that it touches thighs while entering or exiting the car, design defect you may call
Old 13th June 2009, 15:22   #240
BANNED

Drivers seat of my Linea also goes down on its own

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks