Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2009, 16:49   #211
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
VP - Try contacting the following people:

kapil.kulkarni@ tatamotors . com

abhijeet.p@ tatamotors . com

(remove all the spaces from the e-mail id).

Also why don't you visit your dealer and see if he can help? Maybe he can send some one over to your place to inspect the car.
Thanks, CarPG

Actually, I prefer to send car to Tata service station as fewer times as possible. These are small things & do not want to develop other issues like rattling while fixing these.

Besides, I'm more upset on how these things are happening & the quality. I mean I owned a Ford Ikon & In almost 6 years with 90,000 kms, such small plastics, buttons, nothing inside the cabin came out nor needed any replacement. No niggling issue at all. Plastic finish & fittings was spotless. What worries me more is the way the missing plastic cover is fitted. I've seen it on passenger side. It'll come out imdtly with a slightly harsh pull of seat belt. Check yourself. It looks very shoddy. Looking back, all mechanism in Linea - be it seat height adj lever, seat recline lever, these plastci covers types, steering tilt lever are sub-standard & flimsy. Quality can be experienced when you touch these types & they feel rock-solid. Here, you feel it can fall off any time.

Fiat - If you're reading this, you're spoiling my ownership experience. Giving good quality plastics & finish won't cost you more than Rs. 2K-4K & why to spoil overall excellent car with such small items
Old 9th June 2009, 16:50   #212
Senior - BHPian

these are the mailing addresses of the top people
Old 9th June 2009, 17:24   #213
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
these are the mailing addresses of the top people
Thanks Ashwin
But let me know out of above list which guys are chennai or south-specific as I'm at Mumbai
Old 9th June 2009, 17:46   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Thanks, CarPG

Actually, I prefer to send car to Tata service station as fewer times as possible. These are small things & do not want to develop other issues like rattling while fixing these.

Besides, I'm more upset on how these things are happening & the quality. I mean I owned a Ford Ikon & In almost 6 years with 90,000 kms, such small plastics, buttons, nothing inside the cabin came out nor needed any replacement. No niggling issue at all. Plastic finish & fittings was spotless. What worries me more is the way the missing plastic cover is fitted. I've seen it on passenger side. It'll come out imdtly with a slightly harsh pull of seat belt. Check yourself. It looks very shoddy. Looking back, all mechanism in Linea - be it seat height adj lever, seat recline lever, these plastci covers types, steering tilt lever are sub-standard & flimsy. Quality can be experienced when you touch these types & they feel rock-solid. Here, you feel it can fall off any time.

Fiat - If you're reading this, you're spoiling my ownership experience. Giving good quality plastics & finish won't cost you more than Rs. 2K-4K & why to spoil overall excellent car with such small items
You're welcome. I'm pretty sure these people will be able to help you as they are responsible for Fiat cars in our region.

I guess one of the reasons I'm probably seeing more issues with my car than others is because my car has run in excess of 6,000 kms in 2 months which is more than most on this forum.

I agree with the quality of plastics! I feel scared to touch/adjust things too often as I feel things will break.
Old 10th June 2009, 10:02   #215
Senior - BHPian

natrajan and kumaraswamy are south specific . Any how mailing to service@fiapl will send a mail to all these guys. so don worry just give them a hiding.
Old 10th June 2009, 11:44   #216
BHPian

Look

I went to R.D.Motors Showroom at Kolkata, just saw Linea.
This car looks so solid and compact, I am mesmerized. Congratulations for owning such good one.

What is the mileage though?
Old 10th June 2009, 12:51   #217
BANNED

Got a standard system-generated response. Got more furious & fired the mail again marking to top brass.
In 15 minutes, received a call from Fiat service staff from Pune asking they would like to inspect my car, when & which dealership can I leave it. In any case am leaving my car for 1st service on coming Sunday, so told him. He said their quality team will come & attend to all issues. Keeping my finger crossed. Feeling somewhat better that they're responding & trying. What worries me is the quality of those plastics. Fiat has to do something on it as everytime I touch any plastci lever, I'm scared that it'll fall off
Old 12th June 2009, 18:09   #218
BANNED

Called up the service station to confirm the appointment which I had taken 15 days back. Got disappointed - the lady had to fumble & said there is no appointment . Got over it & managed the appointment

Another shock is as per Fiat Service Manager call that I received day before - someone from Fiat is to inspect my car. Service station has yet not got any intimation that someone from Fiat will be coming.

How many such shocked smiley's do I have to use.

When I had taken the appointment earlier, I was asked which service advisor would I prefer. I said name of a Linea service advisor. Now today when I called, they say both Linea Advisors will be on leave but service executive will be there who'll do Linea's service (Read Shocked Smiley as I've exhausted limit of 2 Smiley's)
Old 12th June 2009, 18:14   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Got a standard system-generated response. Got more furious & fired the mail again marking to top brass.
In 15 minutes, received a call from Fiat service staff from Pune asking they would like to inspect my car, when & which dealership can I leave it. In any case am leaving my car for 1st service on coming Sunday, so told him. He said their quality team will come & attend to all issues. Keeping my finger crossed. Feeling somewhat better that they're responding & trying. What worries me is the quality of those plastics. Fiat has to do something on it as everytime I touch any plastci lever, I'm scared that it'll fall off

That's really interesting. Atleast its reassuring to see them taking an initiative to visit. How many other manufacturers do you know who will do that?
Old 12th June 2009, 18:42   #220
Senior - BHPian

VP,
So you are taking your car for the 1st service on Sunday and telling them to rectify these plastic issues? If Fiat has commited then am sure someone will come to the dealership to check.
Why did you take appointment 15 days back, 1 day advance is just ok for servicing? Try contacting the person from fiat who called you. As Pranava said, noone usually comes from manufacturers side to check issues, if he indeed comes then am all praises for fiat.
Old 12th June 2009, 19:11   #221
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
VP,
So you are taking your car for the 1st service on Sunday and telling them to rectify these plastic issues? If Fiat has commited then am sure someone will come to the dealership to check.
Why did you take appointment 15 days back, 1 day advance is just ok for servicing? Try contacting the person from fiat who called you. As Pranava said, noone usually comes from manufacturers side to check issues, if he indeed comes then am all praises for fiat.
I tried calling all of them. The person who called me has diverted his cell phone to EPABX so everytime security guy picked up. He desperately tried to transfer the line to that guy but no one was picking. And after so many tries he sheepishly told me that everyone seems to have left for the day (its was 5.25 pm)

No, I don't think they would be coming. But if issues are not attended to on Sunday, I'm going to raise a hell for sure
Old 12th June 2009, 19:19   #222
Senior - BHPian

All of a sudden a flood of complaints have come towards Fiat
If they dont improve service standards now Linea sales will keep on dropping from even 901 units. Already 1 member is facing extensive problems in his cars and i hope by the time i reach 5000-6000 i dont end up the same fate.
Old 12th June 2009, 20:27   #223
BHPian

All Fiat Linea owners,

How are you fixing the number plate at the front and rear of the vehicle as there is no provision or any holes for fixing the same?
Old 12th June 2009, 21:27   #224
Senior - BHPian

If the Turkish parts and glue are the culprits then does it mean that with more localisation, recently manufactured Linea and GP's wouldn't have these problems?

I guess most of the Linea's on this forum were the first lot manufactured. Maybe a recent Linea owner can tell us of any improvement in plastics and chrome....
Old 12th June 2009, 21:30   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How are you fixing the number plate at the front and rear of the vehicle as there is no provision or any holes for fixing the same?
Drill a hole and screw the numberplate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks