Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 20:13   #136
Senior - BHPian

Hi Filcord,
It is a good point that the Getz cannot be started with out pressing the clutch pedal. I drove Getz but I was not known that there is a switch in the pedal. Of course it is good to press the clutch and start for the new comers as well as those who migrate to new cars. The experienced drivers stop in Neutral, before switching off the ignition they switch off lights,ac and all the electrical appliances in the car.
Old 10th December 2009, 23:50   #137
BHPian

Hi ritz owners. I got a query. Recently i have felt that while idling there is a vibrating humming sound coming from the engine (with all windows up and no audio). Am i worrying too much? Shld i get it checked? By the way i own a Ritz Lxi.
Old 12th December 2009, 22:55   #138
Senior - BHPian

Hi Falcon.

I appreciate your cautiousness of Vibration. In fact if there is vibration in LDI or VDI then it can be ignored. In LXI I mean petrol Cars one should not feel whether the car is on ignited position or off. Please check it with your MASS. It is my experience that Idid not get any vibration or noise on idle in my sold out Wagon R LXI. So the same should apply to all petrol cars.
Old 12th December 2009, 22:59   #139
BHPian

@navan49 - Thanks for the reply, will get it checked as soon as possible
Old 21st December 2009, 21:28   #140
BHPian

Guys,
Got my Ritz VXI delivered on Sat, its a Blue blaze color. Got goosebumps all over to see her out of the showroom. The dealer (my friend ), had already fitted the seat covers, reverse sensors, keyless remote, etc.
But one thing i noticed. When i did the PDI before the registeration there was no rattle. however the day I took delivery there is a rattle on the driver window.. Any clues??
Old 21st December 2009, 22:19   #141
Senior - BHPian

Hi funny Guru,

Congrats on your Blueblaze, Rattle can be eliminated. This happens till the first service. During first service the nuts and bolts are getting loose. They all will be checked and tightened. The vehicle was stationery and no chance of rattling on delivery. Once you drove vibration might have caused rattling. Any how better check it out. It might have happened during fitting of remote locking too. Any how ask your friend to check and rectify in his service center.
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:23   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Guys,
Got my Ritz VXI delivered on Sat, its a Blue blaze color. Got goosebumps all over to see her out of the showroom.
Congrats Guru for your blue beauty. Do read the manual fully and follow instructions till first 960 KMs.

Quote:
The dealer (my friend ), had already fitted the seat covers, reverse sensors, keyless remote, etc.
But one thing i noticed. When i did the PDI before the registeration there was no rattle. however the day I took delivery there is a rattle on the driver window.. Any clues??
Looks like they left some bolt or screw loose in there. In my ZXi, there was a rattle from passenger side B-pillar from day 0. I took the car to the showroom after a week and it was fixed within 5 minutes.

You should get it fixed ASAP as you don't know what bolt is loose and that moving part may cause more rattles to appear.
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:21   #143
BHPian

Yeah! agree to my surprise I saw a screw (looks like the one on the sides of the door ) on the carpet mat on the rear seat. Trying to figure out where it belongs to.. Maruti makes mystery cars . LOL!
Old 22nd December 2009, 23:36   #144
Senior - BHPian

These are all quite common with our people. Please tell them to check. Some times while fitting the seat covers Security lock they might keep, something in the tray below the front passenger seat.
Old 4th January 2010, 11:29   #145
BANNED

Guys Real Bad news, was taking out my car for some shopping and saw alot of sratches running from front door to end of back door. Looks like drawing by some kid. Just want to kill that kid.

I can see white color beneath the sratches so guess they are deep. Also, I had just went for 3M treatment just a day before it.

I know whose kid that and I am going to leave his car alone. Have couple of plans from scratching his car to tyre exploding. Will execute any of them soon.

Is there any way to get them removed ? Do the scratch remover pen work ?

Also, just went for first service. Nothing Major, just did some clutch adjustment.

3M treatmnet for car a total package of Rs 5500, with 2 free coatings to be done with in 1 year.

I am gettig an average of about 13Km /ltr, with 90% driving on delhi roads with high traffic, AC not on 90% of time. I think its decent and should go up after first service.

Regards
del.guy
Old 4th January 2010, 15:29   #146
BHPian

Belated Happy News Year to All...

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
Guys Real Bad news, was taking out my car for some shopping and saw alot of sratches running from front door to end of back door. Looks like drawing by some kid. Just want to kill that kid.

I can see white color beneath the sratches so guess they are deep. Also, I had just went for 3M treatment just a day before it.

I know whose kid that and I am going to leave his car alone. Have couple of plans from scratching his car to tyre exploding. Will execute any of them soon.

Is there any way to get them removed ? Do the scratch remover pen work ?

Also, just went for first service. Nothing Major, just did some clutch adjustment.

3M treatmnet for car a total package of Rs 5500, with 2 free coatings to be done with in 1 year.

I am gettig an average of about 13Km /ltr, with 90% driving on delhi roads with high traffic, AC not on 90% of time. I think its decent and should go up after first service.

Regards
del.guy
First of all a very happy, safe and prosperous new year to all.

Del Guy, saddened to read the damage caused by the local kids. If you are sure of the kid who caused the damage, confront his/her parents and demand that they bear the cost of repairs.

On a side note, fat bottom too sustained paint scratches and a damaged portion of the right hand running board. I totally missed out a coconut tree while moving out of the parking lot in a hotel.

I will post pictures of the damage in a day or too.

Nikhil

PS: sorry for the typo in the post header. It should be New and not News.

Nikhil

Last edited by nsbhagwat : 4th January 2010 at 15:31.
Old 4th January 2010, 18:37   #147
BHPian

Gear downshifting for Ritz Petrol

Hi Ritzians,
We already have a thread on gear downshifting in general but wanted to know how does it work with the Ritz petrol version. As also we have the tacho in front of us,. what is the ideal RPM to shift from 5 to 4. or 4 to 3.. I always end up revv the engine when I downshift the gears. Thoughts please.
Old 4th January 2010, 19:46   #148
Senior - BHPian

Dear Bhagawat and Deli Guy,

I can understand the pain of the damage. It can be easily removed by the paint shop of the MASS. Please take it to MASS nearby to you and do. The MSM in Chennai did a wonderful job to My silky Ritz painting.
Old 5th January 2010, 12:27   #149
BANNED

Nikhil, Sorry to Hear about the car damage. I am 99% sure who did that, but since I did not seet that kid doing it, I am not n aposition to escalate.

The cost of rapainting 2 doors wouldbe about Rs 5000. Its costly.

I am looking to try Com-paint.com They have got some good stuff and color options are available. Have you heard about this, Does this really works. They have got a Stall in Auto Ezpo too, I will try to visit them but can not promise. I have got a hectic schedule this week.

Guys just had a word with Raliance Autozone they have Com-paint products byt don't have the color, they can get that in 5-6 days on order and as per him it works and is easy to apply. I did check the demo video at their website. The cost is also less about Rs 500, with polishing can etc.

Regards
Del.guy

Last edited by del.guy22 : 5th January 2010 at 12:31. Reason: Need to Update
Old 5th January 2010, 13:44   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post

I am looking to try Com-paint.com They have got some good stuff and color options are available. Have you heard about this, Does this really works. They have got a Stall in Auto Ezpo too, I will try to visit them but can not promise. I have got a hectic schedule this week.

Regards
Del.guy
Hey Del,
I have recently ordered the com-paint value pack and the polish from the website,. My order should reach by this weekend. Wil use it and let u know the effect.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks