Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2010, 21:04   #106
BHPian

Re: First Drive: BMW X1 xDrive 20D (PPP)

Does anyone have a link to the launch photos?
Old 23rd December 2010, 21:12   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegman View Post
Does anyone have a link to the launch photos?
Check out this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2184782

Last edited by vb-saan : 23rd December 2010 at 21:14. Reason: Formatting
Old 24th December 2010, 08:57   #108
Senior - BHPian

Guys, does the X1 have rear AC vents?
Old 24th December 2010, 10:10   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post

A potential Fortuner customer is definitely going to consider the X1

Honda has serious guts to still sell the CBU CR-V.
Yes they will consider it and realize that (1) Toyota has a much wider distribution and support network and (2) that the actual cost of ownership of the BMW is much higher.
Old 24th December 2010, 11:19   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, does the X1 have rear AC vents?

In a few pictures that i have seen of the fully loaded variant, it does not.
Old 24th December 2010, 14:43   #111
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Though they are as different as chalk & cheese, you can bet on the unpredictable Indian market to cross-shop between the Fortuner & the X1. I mean, c'mon...this is a BMW for 22 lakhs! And it's even got SUV looks. Sure, the Fortuner has more space, will prove way more reliable & hassle-free to own, and can off-road too. But the typical urban customer could care two hoots about these factors.

Mercedes has no answer to the X1; this car will give BMW an undisputed jump in volumes for 2011.
Old 24th December 2010, 16:34   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Mercedes has no answer to the X1; this car will give BMW an undisputed jump in volumes for 2011.
Mercedes have the impossibly ugly GLK don't they? I'm unaware of their plans to launch it here, if any.
Old 24th December 2010, 16:56   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
Mercedes have the impossibly ugly GLK don't they? I'm unaware of their plans to launch it here, if any.
Mercedes could introduce the B-Class in a few years. If priced correctly, it could be worthy competition to the X1. Although the X1 is considered to me a mini-crossover and the B-Class is a compact-van and in terms of body-style/segments, they might be very different, but in terms of pricing, they could go head-to-head.

I won't be surprised if Mercedes in fact does introduce it here in a few years. C'mon! Nobody really expected them to launch the R-Class either. So don't rule out the possibilities just yet.
Old 24th December 2010, 17:23   #114
BHPian

According to Chandigarh BMW dealer "The basic versions of the X1 with the halogen headlights will not have corona rings. Only the X1 Exclusive with the xenons will have the corona rings."

Also, have heard that the steering on the X1 is a non servotronic type and is even heavier than the 3 series and tougher to manage.
Now, even the 3 series which are being produced from Dec 2010 onwards have servotronic as standard, to make the steering lighter due to customer feedback.

Prospective buyers should definitely test drive the X1 before booking or buying. Seems like most people have booked the X1 without a test drive as most dealers still do not have X1 to test drive. However mouthwatering the price or the badge, one should always test drive a vehicle before finalizing.
Old 24th December 2010, 17:35   #115
BHPian

Quote:
To my knowledge, Mercedes have yet to commit to making the GLK in RHD 'ANYWHERE' in the world.
They might be waiting for the the facelift/next version before committing?
Old 24th December 2010, 18:39   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
In a few pictures that i have seen of the fully loaded variant, it does not.
Thanks buddy. thats bad news for us.
Old 24th December 2010, 18:48   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackyash View Post
However mouthwatering the price or the badge, one should always test drive a vehicle before finalizing.

how does one account for the claim that they have already sold 1000!
X1's on or before the day the car was released. For the life of me i can't figure that one out. how or why would 1000 people book a car that wasn't even test driven. i need to be booking either a Fortuner or an X1 real soon.
need to get the car before the month of May.Reports like quota for the quarter are already sold out, how can that be. can any one shed some light on this please. i'll be going to see the car on Sunday at Bangalore. have a better idea then.

Can any one shed some light about the servotronic power steering. how would it compare to say a ANHC.
Old 25th December 2010, 02:44   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Ive been scouring the international forums on the x1 for sometime now...and in some comparisons, people actually prefer the looks of the GLK. I do not include myself in that list. Reports indicate that Mercedes is working on a model called the BLK[and audi is developing the q3] which should be a direct competitor to the x1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackyash View Post
According to Chandigarh BMW dealer "The basic versions of the X1 with the halogen headlights will not have corona rings. Only the X1 Exclusive with the xenons will have the corona rings."
You know what, you just may be a 100% correct. the x1 NON-xenon in the UK is sold without the corona rings so i wouldnt be surprised if the same was the case here. Although, the 320CE kept the corona rings with the halogens. Its definitely worth looking into. minor as it may be, would be a deal breaker for me.

Does anyone know if the corona rings are white or yellow for the x1? The new 5 uses white led based rings if i am not mistaken and not the yellow ones like the 3er.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
how does one account for the claim that they have already sold 1000!
X1's on or before the day the car was released. For the life of me i can't figure that one out. how or why would 1000 people book a car that wasn't even test driven. i need to be booking either a Fortuner or an X1 real soon.
need to get the car before the month of May.Reports like quota for the quarter are already sold out, how can that be. can any one shed some light on this please. i'll be going to see the car on Sunday at Bangalore. have a better idea then.

Can any one shed some light about the servotronic power steering. how would it compare to say a ANHC.
I am in the same dilemma as you are. From the BMW execs i have spoken to, the car did the rounds to the various dealerships of the country earlier this year. Many people have actually TD'd the CBU unit they brought in and have put down 3lacs for the pre-booking after td-ing the car. Many would argue that a BMW doesnt need to be driven to know its a good drive. I beg to differ though for anything below the 5 series/e-class level of automobile. I love the 3 series to bits but im 6'3 and couldn't comfortably sit in it. Crossed that of my list
Old 25th December 2010, 06:30   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Mercedes could introduce the B-Class in a few years. If priced correctly, it could be worthy competition to the X1. Although the X1 is considered to me a mini-crossover and the B-Class is a compact-van and in terms of body-style/segments, they might be very different, but in terms of pricing, they could go head-to-head.

I won't be surprised if Mercedes in fact does introduce it here in a few years. C'mon! Nobody really expected them to launch the R-Class either. So don't rule out the possibilities just yet.
Unlike the cross-over X1, the B-Class is a hatch / tall-boy, which to my knowledge, compete with the 1-series and A3. And it looks the most dated pick in the Merc stable now. But maybe they bring up the update as a competition to X1.
For me, the immediate competition to the X1 can be Mini Countryman (if launched in India), and a fully loaded Yeti with DSG auto.
Old 25th December 2010, 09:06   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegman View Post
Many people have actually TD'd the CBU unit they brought in and have put down 3lacs for the pre-booking after td-ing the car.

you mean to say i can actually demand a TD if i really am booking the car

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks