Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2008, 09:35   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Devang, you and the mumbai gang seem to be having a blast of a time. with the rains in full flow, I am sure all the 4x4's would be itching to go out, play in the mud and get dirty.

Wishing you all 'rocking and smoking' off-road jaunts. Will surely join you folks for an OTR when i am in Mumbai.
Old 18th June 2008, 11:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

WOoooow...makkhan territory, nothing will work here, no diff locks, no traction control. Just pure 4wd driving skills here:-) Prado & gypsy power sliding vids are amazing. Wish jeep jumping vid was taken better. Keep the new vidz comin...
Old 18th June 2008, 11:25   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sweet pictures, PDev. Thats a ton of Gypsy's in the gang. Nice also to see a Prado being used the way it was built for. You guys seem to have a pretty active offroading gang. Cant wait to join you guys after my Jeep has been run-in (1 - 2 months?).

Which are the spots around Mumbai that you visit for offroading? How often do you guys head out?
Old 18th June 2008, 12:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post
one more..

YouTube - prado had hard time there..

stay tuned few more to come..
i have never seen parado driven like that!! Its crazy!! he will certainly damage the differential.
Old 18th June 2008, 12:39   #20
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Off all the 4x4 threads so far the video of the Rajmachi trail is awesome. Just voted a 5* rating. You guys are the kings for sure!!

PS Who was the gentleman who took the video? Great job and nice choice of music to accompany. I know I will travel all the way from Hyderabad to be a part of your future trail blazing for sure once I get a decent 4x4.

Last edited by DKG : 18th June 2008 at 12:41.
Old 18th June 2008, 12:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

thanks for your comments guys,

@vinond, you are right on the target, nothing works except your skills, i have got another gpysy's jump just waiting to get it from my friends, as soon as i get it i will put it up here.

@GTO, we have only one spot which is rajmachi, we are looking out for some good track. I was about to contact you on this.. do you have good track in your mind??
we do rajmachi every sunday in monsoons.

till then enjoy one more clip.

Adarvesh was trying to splash muck water on my car and i was trying to stop him, all the cars were trying to spalsh water..

Last edited by pdev29 : 18th June 2008 at 12:52.
Old 18th June 2008, 14:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@jay, dude the problem with prado was the tyers, it wasnt running the set of offroaders.. second you must have not tried the place where pardo was struggling trust me its not just prado every car had a hard time there, it looks simple in videos but in reality its quite difficult, hope to see you with your machine next time..

Couldnt make out that much from the video post.Thanks for the insight though... like I said.. I may be wrong.!
Sure hope to see you guys one sunday. Mostly direct @ lonavla base.
Old 18th June 2008, 23:56   #23
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
i have never seen parado driven like that!! Its crazy!! he will certainly damage the differential.
No Sir the Prado can handle a lot more abuse than that. I have used this machine in powder soft desert sand. Two things would have helped. Lower tyre pressures as it increases the contact patch and if it had diff locks power wouldn't go just to the wheel slipping. The owner could try dropping pressure to 15 psi next time and try.

Not just in this case but I noticed a lot of guys were over revving, that doesn't help. Good for doing donuts but not for traction. A gentler throttle helps

PS Ultimately its the guy on the wheel who would know whats working for him! You just have to try out different things to figure out how your car handles different terrain

Last edited by DKG : 19th June 2008 at 00:05.
Old 19th June 2008, 10:49   #24
BHPian

Check this out the white gypsy at rajmachi
Old 19th June 2008, 11:33   #25
Team-BHP Support

The long video from last year's drive was just awesome. I am very impressed by the terrain and the vehicles that mastered it.

However, I am a little confused by the various Gypsy jumping and power sliding videos. I don't see how that is anything to do with offroading, is it just people fooling around and trying to test their suspension and torque limits?
Old 19th June 2008, 12:10   #26
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The long video from last year's drive was just awesome. I am very impressed by the terrain and the vehicles that mastered it.
Its just this video I am talking about. Isn't it awesome?
Anyone seeing this would be so deeply taken up by the sport. The location was perfect, the rain and the challenge it posed was a real test for the cars. The person who took it clearly made a big effort to document it well

The other stuff as you rightly point out is just pranks, I guess they were enjoying themselves doing that. I wouldn't though, doesn't excite me. But last years big drive up that hill trail was phenomenal. I can watch that again and again and not get bored. Loved it

Last edited by DKG : 19th June 2008 at 12:12.
Old 19th June 2008, 18:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

yeah the gypsy jump and the power slide was not part of offroading that was just for fun and timepass.
Old 19th June 2008, 21:06   #28
BHPian

Quote:
yeah the gypsy jump and the power slide was not part of offroading that was just for fun and timepass.

gypsy jump was fun
Old 19th June 2008, 21:09   #29
Team-BHP Support

woaah this is an awesome thread! Great going guys.
Old 20th June 2008, 01:15   #30
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

I've added this video to my favourites!! you bbay guys must have had one helluva time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks