Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 19:53   #151
Senior - BHPian

This sounds good. Count me in for now. Please dont keep it in April though. Personal commitment.
Old 1st February 2010, 20:44   #152
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic stuff fella's from the looks of it everyone had a blast. Looks like I need to attend one of these off road trips some time soon. Too much of action that I have been missing.

BTW those alloys on the THAR looks meaty !! Dear Behram do we have the slightest of chances on laying our hands on a set of them ? Looks bling and I kinda love it .
Old 1st February 2010, 23:25   #153
BHPian

Spike - yes that was me - Unfortunately.
Iron wolf - splendid driving mate.
Old 2nd February 2010, 08:46   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the traveller View Post

@the traveller apart from that stretch you drove pretty well, also your attire was very good,

Spike
Old 2nd February 2010, 09:28   #155
BHPian

hey thanks spike .
Old 2nd February 2010, 12:25   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Fantastic stuff fella's from the looks of it everyone had a blast. Looks like I need to attend one of these off road trips some time soon. Too much of action that I have been missing.

BTW those alloys on the THAR looks meaty !! Dear Behram do we have the slightest of chances on laying our hands on a set of them ? Looks bling and I kinda love it .
Hey Riju, planning on bringing your Scorp for some softroading?

Also dont get your hopes high on those wheels. They are not coming on any version of the Thar nor would they be sold as a accessory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the traveller View Post
Thanks Saare. All from watching and learning from you seasoned folks.

I actually liked your run through the water, just at the end - like you said, just went in too hot and into the more incline slushy part.

Then again I am sure you knew there were enough winches around to pull you out.
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:27   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
I actually liked your run through the water, just at the end - like you said, just went in too hot and into the more incline slushy part.
He would have done it if he had pulled a trick out of his bag .

The_TRavellor_the_so&so decided to show us some rally style instead of OTR style.
Old 2nd February 2010, 19:26   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Riju, planning on bringing your Scorp for some softroading?

Also dont get your hopes high on those wheels. They are not coming on any version of the Thar nor would they be sold as a accessory.
danny definitely some day soon I will join you chaps for an OTR. The Scorp' wont come though . BTW nice MM540 there, loved the color.
Old 2nd February 2010, 20:40   #159
Senior - BHPian

Thank you saare. Also I was just kidding about bringing your Scorp.

More than the looks I just loved the way it walked over the terrain.
Old 2nd February 2010, 20:50   #160
Senior - BHPian

Excellent. Too bad I need to miss it. That trail would have been a great fun.

Have not gone through the thread fully yet. Just one question. Did the that did that trail or was it just a "demo piece"
Old 2nd February 2010, 21:11   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Did the that did that trail or was it just a "demo piece"
Please rephrase your question. If you are referring to the Thar, it certainly was a capable vehicle with everything fully functional.

Just that it did not go through the trail. They trucked it to the camp site. IIRC it is not certified yet to be driven on Indian roads.
Old 3rd February 2010, 07:12   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please rephrase your question. If you are referring to the Thar, it certainly was a capable vehicle with everything fully functional.

Just that it did not go through the trail. They trucked it to the camp site. IIRC it is not certified yet to be driven on Indian roads.
No. I am not doubting its capability.

The intention was simply to know if it was taken around or has been just on display.
Old 3rd February 2010, 07:17   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
The intention was simply to know if it was taken around or has been just on display.
Rather, we were going around the THAR
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:00   #164
Senior - BHPian

Precisely, it was not driven around. No TDs. No offroading. Just brought to camp site and displayed.

Just an mini offroad expo if you will!

Lot of us went around and under it as well.
Old 6th February 2010, 21:54   #165
BHPian

I'm Late But Still - Doing it

My Second OTR

My Second OTR and This time it was Good and now getting the hang of it

Chennai

5.00 AM : Alarm rings and I get up and start wakening up people

5.15 AM : Calling again to ensure people are awake and are heading towards meeting point

5.45 AM : Call from mahendran where are you - I thought I was late and reached the meeting spot in next 2 min

5.50 AM : Mahendran not found and place is dark - headed toard the nearest tea stall and await - and I see mahendran coming towards me

6.00 AM : Tea over and still waiting for other - now mahendran gayan starts - you will know in time - what time to come when the reporting time is said as 5.30 AM

6.15 AM : Ali and team arrive - and the wait continues

6.30 AM : Wait continues

7.00 AM : Sanjay and Pat turn and tell us Arka and Team are at Poonamalee motel

8.00 AM : Poonamalee and breakfast over and we start our journey

2 per vehicle and 1 novice and 1 experienced

I was asked to maintain 50 KMPH . My instructur was Headers

We went and went and went and went and my vehicle being the only SWB and the slowest of all was not overtaken till we reached our first break session . Tea and we start again

3.00 PM time for lunch and we reach near Hosur - wow 7 Hrs from Chennai to housur - first time after 9 years 'm taking so much time to reach Hosur

Patience tested to MAX but engine temperature in vehicle at STD 80 degrees

Happy again my vehicle No temp problem and no heating issues and good breaking .

5.00 PM : reach bangalore and guest house

7.00 PM : Dinner starts

8.00 PM : UBS Sir joins and Salem guys join

9.00 PM :Bangalore Guys Join

Goes on on - all Jeep , nuts , bolt , Spring leaf , Suspension , crawler , bhp , torgue , jeepsy , open knuckle ball join , thar , praise of other jeepers , and so on on and on and back to history on jeeps , nuts , bolts and so on - passion at extreme height

1.00 AM : I go to bed and dinner continues

5.00 AM : start wakening again

5.30 AM : ready and getting the my CJ3B ready

6.00 AM : Again my Jeep is the lead because my instructor knows the way.

7.30 AM : Reach the meeting spot and finally Chickbelapur

Headers drove my vehicle the Sporty way and we had touched 100 = kmph with no heating problem . Small birds fly around my head in happyness

9.30 AM : reach and have break fast and now my heart beats fast as all others have gone already

We reach the OTR spot and wow what a line up.

I was happy very happy because way back in my home people used to say only those who are out of mind will have a jeep or drive a machine like this.

We get the numbers and T Shirt and we continue for the start a big line and instruction starts and smoking behind the wheel stops [FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]L[/FONT][/FONT]

The first few obstacles my instructor is with me and then I’m on my own

Every time an obstacle come I see headers in front of me and say come on karthi = yes yes that it – good you are learning well

I owe you one headers .

One by one and we see arka at his height of what he does the best – “ instruct “

Sanjay leads and his vehicle gets stuck in the rock and A voice where are your tow ropes “ ARKA “ quickly jump and get my 5 points

A good one was when my bellcrank or steering stops working towards right

We move on and on and wait and good thing is we were together and all did the same route

Lunch was good and Vinod Nookala missing from here .

We cross and every crossing had to use force because no right turn .
now the happiness had come down because I’m not able to steer the vehicle properly .

Ali jumps on and repairs and now steering starts working and we reach the water crossing

My vehicle gets stuck and I see Sanjay walking towards me and saying don’t dig in and just move a little forward and then backwards .

By then the mahindra team come with the winch – I can still hear it in my ear her TERA TIGER hit him and get him out

Just a little forward and immediate reverse and now slam I go on the accelerator – my vehicle skids out with all slush flying on all sides and I hear sanjay – man that it out out out and I’m out and my steering starts working back in order.

Happiest moment wow my vehicle – after my first OTR palar I was depressed and now I know my vehicle - can kick out

We move towards the camp and darkness come in – wow the jungle come alive

Hear engine noises and other noises too . finally reach the tent and quick shower and to the potato and capsicum and dinner .

Hit the bed and the roaring starts “ SNORE “

Next day morning we get up and start to chickbalapur to get the bellcrank welded and Arka propeller shaft welding.

We missed the second day slush which myself and arka and ali was eagerly looking forward to

With a happy heart we move to chick and get our vehicle ready and wait for others to join.

We met the fellow jeeps by noon and have lunch and then photo session and we head to Bangalore and next day to Chennai

Thank you Dwaraka and other Organizers . Looking forward to meet you all in July 2010 during monsoon

NOW THE PHOTOS
Attached Thumbnails
Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00432.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00433.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00434.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00435.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00436.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00437.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00438.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00439.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00440.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00441.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00442.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00443.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00445.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00447.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00446.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00448.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00449.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00450.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00451.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00452.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00453.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00454.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00455.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00456.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00461.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00463.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00466.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-dsc00467.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-image0389.jpg  

Not so Live Report: Bangalore Annual OTR, Avalakondu 24-25 Jan 2010!-image0388.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks