Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 15:25   #16
BHPian

Sure Guy's , you can participate as spectators, so what if you don't have a offorader...yet!

Thanks for all the support guy's!

It means a lot to me and especially Abhimanyu's family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Can we do this trail even when its dry, pre monsoon, not as an event, but just as an OTR session.???
A lot others will be able to participate, esp those with softroaders like my 4x4 Safari. Im sure the area will become impossible once the rains are in.
I would love to be a spectator then. It would surely be fun to capture the moments on camera as a passenger.
Your offroadie passenger is surely a fun lover. Have seen him in your earlier oTR pics too.

I guess we can hold a OTR session as a build up to the main event, but right now i am busy with the actual planning and it is bloody hot

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th April 2010 at 17:57. Reason: Posts merged. (Looks like it will be an awesome event - hope to be there).
Old 19th April 2010, 16:04   #17
BHPian

This sounds like quite a tribute.
Good luck for this - if you need stickers/flags/anything else designed for the main event, you let me know!

And I'll try coming along with Tejas, for one of the recce trips sometime!
Old 19th April 2010, 18:15   #18
BHPian

Hi Rahul,

It was a pleasure meeting you at the Alibag OTR.
It would our pleasure to be a part of the "The Alfa Kilo challenge"..
Once again.. This is indeed a very Noble thought.. Hats off to you mate!!

Cheers..
Prasad Iyer
Old 19th April 2010, 22:49   #19
BHPian

If its in August I have signed in already!!!
Old 20th April 2010, 06:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Kunal - count me in for the recces and setting up.
Old 20th April 2010, 08:23   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Motocamp - I'll be there. This is the best tribute we can repay to Abhi. I never met him but looking at the RJ vehicle, the passion is evident. Please let me know the dates for the recee also.

Dear Offroad Maniac - yes, weight balancing may be needed..

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 20th April 2010, 09:47   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
Sure Guy's , you can participate as spectators, so what if you don't have a offorader...yet!

Thanks for all the support guy's!

It means a lot to me and especially Abhimanyu's family.
Hey thanks and keep us posted with the details.
Old 20th April 2010, 10:32   #23
BHPian

Hey Kunal i am with you all the way.Helping and participating in making this event a success would be the best way for me to pay respect to Abhimanyu and his family.Cheers and hats off to you Kunal.
Old 20th April 2010, 15:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Im in Kunal, both for the Event and for the Recce. Please let me know next. Also will be better to take a few vehicles along for the recce as the recce would then be over in a shorter time. Moreover, im in for Abhimanyu first and then the challenge/recce!!

Great initiative and a fitting tribute to Abhimanyu. Kudos to you Kunal, you are are true friend.
Old 21st April 2010, 14:09   #25
BHPian

Since some of you had never met Abhimanyu singh.I thought it would be nice to put up some pictures of him so that you could get to know the person he was.

Some of the pictures are from ladakh, a trip we did together.

And for all you guy's who complain about how uncomfortable their jeep, gypsy or offorad vehicle is....here is a guy who did the whole trip with his windscreen lowered and soft top removed, with the icy wind hitting his smiling face.

The Ladakh trip was the last time we were together.
Attached Thumbnails
The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0218.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0422.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0477.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0862.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0201.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0571.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0761.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0283.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-kanifnath1.jpg  

The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR-dsc_0500.jpg  

Old 21st April 2010, 14:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Lovely pictures Kunal. Only an avid lover of jeep can take it all and still smile, just like Abhimanyu. I never met him, know him personally. But honestly i too miss him a lot on this forum. He was a knowledge power house.

OT- May i know what was the cause of his untimely demise? I know it happened just after this trip. :-(
Old 21st April 2010, 14:28   #27
BHPian

windshield lowered and top removed? I know what that feels like, I had to ride two days on my way to Leh without a helmet (yeah, right. Like I ll give up that story on the forum).

I am looking at those pics and it is COLD! Brrr....
Old 21st April 2010, 19:39   #28
Senior - BHPian

I was never a fan of off roading but was a big fan of Abhimanyu. Met him twice here in Jaipur and was amazed to see his knowledge and his passion for jeeps.

Your initiative will be the best tribute that the jeepers can give to him.

God Bless & Good Luck
Old 22nd April 2010, 08:48   #29
BHPian

I am doing another route recce this sunday morning.I will be driving cross country through some quite hilly terrain and possibly a dry river bed.

I will also be fording a flowing river.

Tejas is accompanying me on this recce with or without his jeep..... should be interesting!
Old 25th April 2010, 16:55   #30
Senior - BHPian

Yes...Interesting is an understatement and HOT AS HELL is another understatement.

Videos/Pics should be up in a bit...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks