Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2009, 07:47   #526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbanavar View Post
Hey Guys,
As I have been enquiring in Bangalore about the availability of 139 PCD in 16" alloys for my Jeep, I ran into a company called Prestige Design (:: PRESTIGE DESIGN ::) based in Delhi, that may have these available. Has anyone used their products or heard of this company? It looks like they can get these in about 1 week to 10 days time. I'll let you know as I get more details.
Hey, I have been using Prestige alloys for my Bolero since new; some 18 months now and have faced no issue so far. The finish on the wheels seem to be of high quality, they look as good as new.
Attached Thumbnails
The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread-dsc00583.jpg  

Old 26th May 2009, 19:32   #527
BHPian

Thanks for the feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
Hey, I have been using Prestige alloys for my Bolero since new; some 18 months now and have faced no issue so far. The finish on the wheels seem to be of high quality, they look as good as new.
Josepeter,
That is good to know. The pictures on the websites can be decieving sometimes and it is always better to get the testimonials of people using the products for sure.

I have already ordered a set of the 16" and the estimated delivery is end of next week.
Old 27th May 2009, 11:53   #528
Senior - BHPian

I bought new Apollo Bullets for my MM550.
Te dealer was able to arrange only 3 tyres and I will get the 4th one today.

BTW there are some Sandgrip pattern tyres manufactured by JK tyres available in mayapuri. The asking price is 3.5k a tyres.
The tyres are available at Pali motors
Old 27th May 2009, 15:59   #529
Senior - BHPian

Thats a neat price for the JK Sandgrip option. What is it called? 7.50x16 ? The JKTire site is quite pathetic.

Anyone used the Bullets or this JK option? Does it have more life than the MRF Sandgrips, which last only about 15-20k (hear-say).
Old 27th May 2009, 18:38   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbanavar View Post
Bigman,
After speaking to the guy in Bangalore, who gave me this info, number 306 is available in 16"/139 PCD and is used for SUVs. He said that this is available in all silver, black and silver and all chrome.

I have heard about Lensos as well from another dealer. Both of them have to be ordered and it may take anywhere from 5 to 20 days to obtain them.
Please make sure they can get the 16" in 139 PCD rather than wasting 20 days for the dealer trying to source them. I emailed Prestige to ask what 139.7 PCD 16" alloys they had and got the following reply (next day) :

Quote:
Dear Sir,
Thank you for the query.
For the wheels in 139.70pcd/5Holes i can only offer you the material in
15inches and the design which i can offer is PD306, PD 279, PD 277.If you
require any of this then let me know asap.
Good of them to reply. I sent a similar email to the Lenso distributor several months ago and to date he has not bothered to reply.

Last edited by bigman : 27th May 2009 at 18:39.
Old 27th May 2009, 19:49   #531
Senior - BHPian

Dont expect a reply from Lenso. They get enough and more business.

If you really need to get good options in 16" for your 139 PCD. Do what Randeep did..

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
My rims too are 160 PCD but i had to anyways get spacers put so I got plates made in 1" thickness. So one side its 139.7PCD and the other is 160 PCD.
Old 27th May 2009, 23:02   #532
BHPian

Oh maaahn..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Please make sure they can get the 16" in 139 PCD rather than wasting 20 days for the dealer trying to source them.
Thanks for the headsup bigman.. I asked this guy several times about it being 16" wheels and he said he was 100% sure. I am going to be very upset if he tells me otherwise now.

I will check with him again tomorrow and let you know. Thanks!
Old 28th May 2009, 15:35   #533
Senior - BHPian

Gbanavar,

I had following email from Gurpreet at Prestige. These guys certainly are customer focused and reply to emails quickly.

Quote:
Hi !
If you can make your car Hole 6Hole/139.70 then i can provide you the
Model PD 297 for your car kindly confirm me for the same if yes then i
will arrange the material from my factory.
I have asked him whether he can supply good quality PCD adapters.
Old 28th May 2009, 16:02   #534
BHPian

Hey Banvar
Lenso has the intimidator2 (pics on the net show it with 8 spokes) its available with 5 spokes here
And it is available in 160PCD
GB
Old 28th May 2009, 16:19   #535
Senior - BHPian

Gypsy boy,

There are plenty of alloys with 160PCD available. Gbanavar is after 139.70PCD alloys.
Old 28th May 2009, 16:52   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Gbanavar,

I had following email from Gurpreet at Prestige. These guys certainly are customer focused and reply to emails quickly.
I have asked him whether he can supply good quality PCD adapters.
Hi Satnam,

Are you refering to Gurpreet and Harpreet who own Universal tyres, a shop near Kailash colony. I too had gone to him for getting my alloys in 139.7 pcd but was denied the availability for the same. He later said he would get PCD adaptors made for me at an additional cost of 5K. When I said please find out exact pricing of adaptors he said 7k for 4 adapters. I said 7k was way too expensive and that i dont need those from him. He immediately quoted 6K to which I said I shall get back to him. Next day he calls and quotes a price of 5K to which i again said no. He kept saying its the best price. Again the same evening he called and quoted 4.5K final.

I mentioned our conversations above because the person seems to be making a crazy amount margin for the same. I found out in Hisar and Jaipur and they were willing to make the adapters at 3to3.5K so I had them made from Jaipur at a local Kharad wala. I did not even pic my alloys from him as I felt he was not someone I'd trust even though he's the Prestige Alloy importer.

Quote:
Thanks for the headsup bigman.. I asked this guy several times about it being 16" wheels and he said he was 100% sure. I am going to be very upset if he tells me otherwise now.
If you are speaking of the same Universal Tyres Gurpreet, then I'm sure you are going to be disappointed as I too went to his shop after he said he had 139.7 PCD 16" rims. But when I reached he told me that he could get adapters made to house 160 pcd 16" rims.

Regards,

Randeep

Last edited by randeep04 : 28th May 2009 at 16:58.
randeep04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2009, 16:54   #537
Senior - BHPian

I got a call from the my friend at the tyre shop that the 4th Apolo Bullet has arrived at his shop. Further I am lucky that this tyre is manufactured in late 2008. So now all four of my tyres are the latest model
Total cost 18400/-
Some pictures
Attached Thumbnails
The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread-img_7551.jpg  

The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread-img_7552.jpg  

Old 28th May 2009, 17:09   #538
Senior - BHPian

Randeep,

Yes its the same Gurpreet. They wholesale Prestige Alloys. Lets see how much he quotes me for the PCD adapters.

Please can you post some pictures of your PCD adapters and what they are made from (alloy, steel etc).

Harjeev.

Makes it looks like a brand new jeep ready for military service.
Old 28th May 2009, 17:15   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Randeep,

Yes its the same Gurpreet. They wholesale Prestige Alloys. Lets see how much he quotes me for the PCD adapters.

Please can you post some pictures of your PCD adapters and what they are made from (alloy, steel etc).

Harjeev.

Makes it looks like a brand new jeep ready for military service.
Satnam,

I do not have pics of my adapters as the wheels are fitted but will surely get pics of the same when I go there next. The adapters are made of Mild Steel (MS). Even the adapters Gurpreet showed me were made of the same metal.

Cheers !!!!!!!1
Old 29th May 2009, 03:36   #540
BHPian

Wheel/Tyre's for my Gypsy King?? Suggestions Please..

Hi, I recently bought Maruti Gypsy King(1999) from an Army auction. I am currently restoring it. I would be using my gypsy as a secondary vehicle just for vacational purposes like going to leh or going to rajasthan,etc... I am confused about getting Wheel/tyre package...i really like broad tyres but they are not good for offorading. The wheel of Gypsy is 15" and if i go for offroad tyres with 15" , i cannot find more than 235 width... any suggestions regarding alloy rims or tyres ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks