Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2008, 17:36   #76
Senior - BHPian

Man, why did you need NOS for!

Admire the work. How much man hours went for this?
Old 6th July 2008, 17:39   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
The Jeep Wrangler was something I had always wanted to own since I was a little kid riding in a relative's "sarkari jeep" back in the 70's .

This jeep reminds me of that Wrangler all over again !!!!! The closest of the original I have ever seen in India !!

Beautifully done job !! Your passion litreally drips from those pictures. Way to go Red !!!

Cheers
Gaurav's is the best built Jeep from technical viewpoint, but if you are referring to Jeep Wrangler look-alike then the Hyderabad Jeeps will take that crown. The body is simple amazing. See this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...hyderabad.html
Old 6th July 2008, 18:24   #78
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Madbullram !!!!

The thread you pointed me to is AWESOME. That is the kind of Jeep that I am looking for !!

Cheers
Old 11th July 2008, 14:18   #79
Senior - BHPian

Wow redmm,

That is a wonderful jeep. Just read the thread, thanks to vinod-nookala, who pointed me in this direction.

Do you have a drawing for the adaptor plate? Also, the scorp motor used is a 2.6 DI right?

Thanks for such an informative post!
Old 11th July 2008, 15:17   #80
Senior - BHPian

Dont know how I missed this one, kudos to you guys.

It seems like a lot of time, effort and money has been put in and the end result is brilliant! Will never look at a 340 in the same light again!
Old 12th July 2008, 12:56   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Wow redmm,

That is a wonderful jeep. Just read the thread, thanks to vinod-nookala, who pointed me in this direction.

Do you have a drawing for the adaptor plate? Also, the scorp motor used is a 2.6 DI right?

Thanks for such an informative post!

Sorry, but there is no drawing for the adapter plate. But if you are really interested, I could find out what it would cost to have the same machine shop make another one.

This multi quote feature is nice. Glad I figured it out after 160+ posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijat View Post
I could not stop dreaming looking at your pictures, least to say they are awesome.
You have done a great job on your machine and it seems well worth it.
Indian bomb shell.
I have driven the jeep patriot once(thats the closest i have got to a jeep), but your ride does the Jeep name proud.
Thanks Abhijat. You know, most Jeep ethusiasts in the U.S. don't really consider the Patriot a real Jeep. The problem is that it has too much Chrysler mini van DNA. If you visit the U.S., try renting a Wrangler. A good number of car rental companies rent it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Hi Red,

Would you be able to post some close up pictures of the rear sway bars that you installed? i am thinking of installing sway bars on the rear of my MM540 to reduce the body roll.
I put some close ups of the front and rear anti sway bars on an earlier post. Please look for them and let me know if you want more detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
The Jeep Wrangler was something I had always wanted to own since I was a little kid riding in a relative's "sarkari jeep" back in the 70's .

This jeep reminds me of that Wrangler all over again !!!!! The closest of the original I have ever seen in India !!

Beautifully done job !! Your passion litreally drips from those pictures. Way to go Red !!!

Cheers
Thanks, I will be putting put a post on my U.S. spec. Wrangler soon. Look for it in the International section of T-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Man, why did you need NOS for!

Admire the work. How much man hours went for this?
NOS is for hill climbs, mud slogging, and other horsepower intensive tasks. Just remember, you can never have enough horsepower.

I have no idea how many man hours have gone into this project. But it has been a lot!

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th July 2008 at 23:54. Reason: One more merged/added!
Old 9th June 2009, 00:49   #82
Senior - BHPian

By far the the insanest thing ive seen on tbhp...limitter hitting the max looking at nitrous system on a mahindra 340 which is no less than a Bowler Wildcat. We share a similar passion in a different modification scene hence we can connect with you on this one very well when you talk about 'continual evolution' and 'test bed' and 'hours of work, which is endless'...well, these are the things we spk of our cars so very often as well...

Salutes to you, the team that works on your machine and everyones passion. You have taken the definition of conviction/passion to a newer level, trust me, your build is very very international spec!!!
Old 9th June 2009, 08:52   #83
Senior - BHPian

phew.Thats one hell of a jeep. I have an old jeep in my workshop and have been contemplating putting the scorpio engine in it. 2 reasons are stopping me.
1. availability.
2. funds!!
actually funds is my biggest grouse now.

I am working on making a brand new body for it. Will keep you posted.
Old 9th June 2009, 14:33   #84
BHPian

Red, I really admire your passion and patience! The result stands before us to gawk and drool at!!

By the way, how confident are you about the braking? You mentioned that you need to brake really HARD, so I ask. And how much did you pay for the brakes? I am weighing options for my jeep, because currently the brakes are abysmal!!

Another thing: is there a danger of hitting turbo when you are off-road, and in high RPM? I don't know if my question really makes sense... you see!!
Old 9th June 2009, 15:55   #85
Senior - BHPian

You guys should take note, REDMM340s post is a year old and he has not posted anything since Feb 2009.
Old 15th July 2009, 00:52   #86
BHPian

Hi RedMM340, your jeep is mind blowing, true value for the money and time spent on it.

quote;NOS is for hill climbs, mud slogging, and other horsepower intensive tasks. Just remember, you can never have enough horsepower.
I feel that 4low gear should be able to take care of that no douth there are some execeptions. Correct me if i am wrong but the overdrive unit also works in 4L giving it a lower crawl ratio.
Is the warn overdrive unit you got is of a dana 18 transfer case and if so is the dana 18 same as the mm340 and mm540 transfer case.
If the above transfer cases are same then why dont you go in for Tera flex low 18 gears for the transfer case and the do have a set that matches with the warn over drive. This would give you a much much better crawl ratio in 4L.

P.S. :- how much did you pay for the overdrive. (wanted to get one but not sure it would fit.
Old 20th July 2009, 20:51   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanarthur View Post
Red, I really admire your passion and patience! The result stands before us to gawk and drool at!!

By the way, how confident are you about the braking? You mentioned that you need to brake really HARD, so I ask. And how much did you pay for the brakes? I am weighing options for my jeep, because currently the brakes are abysmal!!

Another thing: is there a danger of hitting turbo when you are off-road, and in high RPM? I don't know if my question really makes sense... you see!!
The brakes are very good. They are 12 inch vented discs with high friction pads. I paid about US$1000 for the complete set of hardware. You may be able to get it for much less if you find used parts such as the calipers, etc.

Not sure what you mean by hitting the turbo, but if you mean scraping the ground, that is impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
You guys should take note, REDMM340s post is a year old and he has not posted anything since Feb 2009.
What can I say Dan, I just guess I have been distracted by other things. But stay tuned, I am working on a Scorpio powered MM550, so there will be some interesting posts by me soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whicked wheels View Post
Hi RedMM340, your jeep is mind blowing, true value for the money and time spent on it.

quote;NOS is for hill climbs, mud slogging, and other horsepower intensive tasks. Just remember, you can never have enough horsepower.
I feel that 4low gear should be able to take care of that no douth there are some execeptions. Correct me if i am wrong but the overdrive unit also works in 4L giving it a lower crawl ratio.
Is the warn overdrive unit you got is of a dana 18 transfer case and if so is the dana 18 same as the mm340 and mm540 transfer case.
If the above transfer cases are same then why dont you go in for Tera flex low 18 gears for the transfer case and the do have a set that matches with the warn over drive. This would give you a much much better crawl ratio in 4L.

P.S. :- how much did you pay for the overdrive. (wanted to get one but not sure it would fit.
Gearing is not a substitute for horsepower. Ideally, gearing is meant to give the desired speed for a particular situation. Many situations, particularly hill climbs and sand need big power and speed.

I paid about $800 for my overdrive unit. It is not installed right now, so pm me if you are interested in it.
Old 17th October 2009, 02:28   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340 View Post
One of my favorite pictures from that trip to Leh is attached. It pretty much sums up that a Jeep + open road = happiness

Anytime you want to see the jeep, just let me know.

Hey Red MM340. Lovely Jeep. In fact we have a sibling here in Chandigarh. We would love to see your jeep in person. Perhaps the next time you're heading uphill or if we come to Delhi we could meet up. We share the same passion. Some pictures of our Ladakh trip. Easily one of the Drives of a Lifetime. Sure you'll agree.
Highly Modified MM340 - Scorpio Powered Beast-phot0172.jpg

Highly Modified MM340 - Scorpio Powered Beast-020608_1107.jpg

Highly Modified MM340 - Scorpio Powered Beast-phot0174.jpg

Highly Modified MM340 - Scorpio Powered Beast-phot0286.jpg

Highly Modified MM340 - Scorpio Powered Beast-phot0320.jpg

I just love this baby. Never let me down anywhere. It'll be great if we could plan an off-road excursion sometime.
Cheers!!
Old 26th November 2009, 14:43   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
What is the difference between CJ340, CL340 and MM340? Why does Mahindra confuse the customers so much, none of us can keep track of all the model names and engine variants they got.
I think there was a CJ340 (original jeep ) and the then big step forward the MM540.I don't think there was ever an MM340.
Old 26th November 2009, 14:49   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
I think there was a CJ340 (original jeep ) and the then big step forward the MM540.I don't think there was ever an MM340.
Thanks boss. You are replying to a question I posed in May 2008 right after I purchased a CJ340. I got my answer long time back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks