Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2016, 14:02   #106
BHPian

Re: M&M Engine and Gearbox combos for JEEPs

Thank you all,
For your valuable comments, However Now my mind is completely jumbled up as, GTO San suggests a XD3P, Shubendra San suggests a DiTurbo and Dhanush San suggests a Scorpio Engine! So the rebuild plan will have to be redrawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
But the XDP 4.9 is so similar to the XD3P! Remember, using the best quality parts & labour at the start will save you many headaches later.
GTO san!

The XD3P was the PLAN! However changing a engine with only 10 BHP of power increase and as you say they both sound and act similar so that option is really on the back burner right now. One XD3P vehicle I want that is the 2006 and later MM550, Hopefully one day I'll be brave enough to buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
I am not sir.
Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
All points noted, Shubhendra San!

I have a visit scheduled in Delhi in the next week, would appreciate if you can share the contact details of your contact in Mayapuri.

I have seen three totaled M&M Pickups in the last week itself, all with the MDI with Inline Mico pump, Had any one of them been a rotary pump would have picked up the same, But I have purchased one BA-10 from a Bolero GLX, The engine was sold before I can even visit the scrapyard.

So the hunt is on and most probably I'll have the requisites in the next two weeks. The engine and GB is not posing a big problem now when I'm visiting the scrap dealers once a day, The biggest challenge as of now is the TC and the front axle tube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hi, Sorry ...
Thats where expertise comes in, and reliability goes for a six.
Dhanush San,

One query I have which Scorpio engine should I look for CRDe or MHawk, as these engines are on the heavier side, what about the front heavy vehicle and the solid axle fouling with the belly pan. Though I have contacted every Insurance surveyor in my area for a Total loss vehicle for parting out, hopefully I will have a quote by Monday!
Old 18th January 2016, 12:08   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbk.0707 View Post
The engine and GB is not posing a big problem now when I'm visiting the scrap dealers once a day, The biggest challenge as of now is the TC and the front axle tube.

One query I have which Scorpio engine should I look for CRDe or MHawk, as these engines are on the heavier side, what about the front heavy vehicle and the solid axle fouling with the belly pan.
The weight difference is around 125 kgs between XDP and Scorpio chain drive engine. You can compensate the same by adding long shock absorbers and one additional helper spring in front.
CRDe and MHawk engines are ECM controlled engines and you need to then get hold of wiring, sensors and ECM along with engine.

This is how chain drive engine looks like
Picture taken a week back when i was getting my engine rebuilt. My bolero is back on road two days back, will share my feedback once i complete 2000-3000 kms of road and offroad drive

M&M Engine and Gearbox combos for JEEPs-img_20160102_144505.jpg

M&M Engine and Gearbox combos for JEEPs-img_20160102_195132.jpg

Quote:
The best engine + gearbox combo I would recommend, would be a Scorpio engine and an NGT530R gearbox and a Borg Warner transfer case.Also, the engine IIRC comes with a PS pump, and fitting an AC shouldnt be a stress on this engine.
I am running on same setup and generally engine comes with alternator, PS pump and AC compressor. You have to pay extra if you want to buy turbo and intercooler along with engine. It may vary but this is how it works in Bombay, Kurla.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Shubhendra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 14:17   #108
BHPian

Re: MM550 XD3P : Timing Chain Failure

Hi Jeepers,

Looking for wiring diagram for XD3P 2003 model wiring diagram.
Bought this through recent auction.

Thanks in advance.

Maverick79.
Old 21st September 2017, 19:40   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: MM550 XD3P : Timing Chain Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Hi Jeepers,

Looking for wiring diagram for XD3P 2003 model wiring diagram.
Bought this through recent auction.
The engine doesn't need any wiring as such, apart from powering the FIP solenoid & heater plugs.

Rest of the Jeep's wiring, you can get it done from any roadside auto electrician.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 00:41   #110

Hello everybody,

I am new at your forum and know you will guide me when I make mistakes. I am from Suriname South America, hopefully you know my country.

I own a Mahindra Scorpio double cabin pickup, which I use off-road whenever I am free.

I have a big problem with the transmission (hopefully I am at the right thread, I can not find one with "scorpio and gearbox/transmission"). The dealer in my country left us in the cold, they are not selling Mahindra's anymore.

BA10/NGT530 V1 is labelled on the gearbox. Can I replace it with a NGT530R V4? Mahindra part nr.:0703AAD04110N

There are no parts in Suriname available to repair the gearbox. I will have to import it from India.

Do you have other suggestions?

Your forum already helped me alot to maintain my pickup.

Best regards,

Faizal
Faizal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 12:55   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faizal View Post

BA10/NGT530 V1 is labelled on the gearbox. Can I replace it with a NGT530R V4? Mahindra part nr.:0703AAD04110N
Yes you can replace the gearbox to NGT530R. It’s the newer version. Do you have the electric shift TC? If so, change to manual shift from the Thar CRDe sold in India. Saying this, since you are anyhow importing the GB.
dhanushs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 20:11   #112

Quote:
Yes you can replace the gearbox to NGT530R. It’s the newer version. Do you have the electric shift TC? If so, change to manual shift from the Thar CRDe sold in India. Saying this, since you are anyhow importing the GB.
Thanks dhanushs,

I appreciate your help. I was not sure if the input shaft would match.

I have the electric shift TC, it has the worst control system imaginable. I bypassed the controls and wired the switch motor directly. Works like a charm, but for now I can only switch between 2H and 4L. I am working on to get 4H.

For now I can only purchase a complete transmission (with bell housing) at the cost of "a hand and a foot". Does anybody have suggestions where I can purchase it without the bell housing (and where they can ship outside India) so I can only "loose my foot". It will reduce the freight costs.

Best Regards,

Faizal
Faizal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 16:45   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faizal View Post

BA10 and NGT53 are different transmissions that share a housing. The part no is housing part no.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-t...ml#post2422797 (Need advice:MM 550 BA 10 : 4x4 gear box direct Shift.)
This thread will advice you on overhaul or modification of your transmission.
if you know a competent mechanic who can dismantle the transmission do so, and procure only the required parts from India.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 18:20   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
BA10 and NGT53 are different transmissions that share a housing. The part no is housing part no.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-t...ml#post2422797 (Need advice:MM 550 BA 10 : 4x4 gear box direct Shift.)
This thread will advice you on overhaul or modification of your transmission.
if you know a competent mechanic who can dismantle the transmission do so, and procure only the required parts from India.

Rahul
I am a little confused. I attached a photo of the label on the gearbox.

Best Regards,

Faizal
Attached Thumbnails
M&M Engine and Gearbox combos for JEEPs-gearbox_naamplaat_mahindrarev1.jpg  

Most Viewed