Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2013, 13:40   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Thar Crde and an Isuzu Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidashish View Post
The Service manager at Koncept Okhla says he has done it in 2-3 vehicles but did not sound very confident
Those guys have replaced quite a few boosters, so I am perplexed by your experience. Who is the service manager you spoke to? The correct person is Anil Sharma (Asst. Works Manager) who in turn reports to Atish Kumar (Service Manager).

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidashish
Also my first set of brake pad lasted for 35k kms but the one after that went off in just 8k kms. No major change in driving pattern, burdens me even more.
I cannot comment on that due to my lack of knowledge and experience. I am still at 4000 kms in about 4.5 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidashish
Another thing with the CFL from Pune. What is the ride quality like ? I believe that you have installed them in your Thar, especially the off-road attitude of the modification. I would not like a comfortable ride deprive me from the THAR 's dextirity.
The CFL is from ARC Industries Kohlapur. I would rate them medium to good. The ride is definitely NOT "like a car". It tends to be a little jumpy - maybe it is too soft. I am satisfied with it but will not strongly recommend it to anyone based on its price point.

With respect to offroading, I have heard of some negative experiences but that is debatable as those incidents of car toppling over included running the CFL's in conjunction with some other mods to the suspension.

To summarize, you may avoid this expense if you can live with the current state of comfort.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th March 2013 at 11:37. Reason: fixing quote
manveet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 22:18   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Sir,

Finally a Koncept Delaer assures me the desired.

A Double Diaframe Booster Cylinder & DOT 4 Oil.
At a price of 14k

Am i getting it right or ...........
Please Advise
Toooo costly, with out change in vaccum tank,plumbing, change in LSPV settings, Wheel cylinders etc..
Old 10th March 2013, 09:14   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Toooo costly, with out change in vaccum tank,plumbing, change in LSPV settings, Wheel cylinders etc..
Sir,
I was lined up to get it changed today..... would you advise me not to get it done?
Old 10th March 2013, 10:39   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Sir,
I was lined up to get it changed today..... would you advise me not to get it done?
Max 10000 to 10500rs for change of only boosters.
Rajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 16:16   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Max 10000 to 10500rs for change of only boosters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Those guys have replaced quite a few boosters, so I am perplexed by your experience. Who is the service manager you spoke to? The correct person is Anil Sharma (Asst. Works Manager) who in turn reports to Atish Kumar (Service Manager).

I cannot comment on that due to my lack of knowledge and experience. I am still at 4000 kms in about 4.5 months.

The CFL is from ARC Industries Kohlapur. I would rate them medium to good. The ride is definitely NOT "like a car". It tends to be a little jumpy - maybe it is too soft. I am satisfied with it but will not strongly recommend it to anyone based on its price point.

With respect to offroading, I have heard of some negative experiences but that is debatable as those incidents of car toppling over included running the CFL's in conjunction with some other mods to the suspension.

To summarize, you may avoid this expense if you can live with the current state of comfort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Rajith - simple. The LSPV spring locating bracket mounted on the axle has a long vertical slot. Please give the dimension of the height of the center of the spring mounting pivot from the bottom of the bracket, as you have changed this location. Dealers can then make and end gage and use for other customers' vehicles. Clean air hose is rubbing the master cylinder / reservoir. Need to add an absorber material in between to prevent NVH (noise vibration harshness) path. Alternatively, you can move the air cleaner 25mm in front by using distance spacers in X axis, but do this only as a last resort. Use hose separators to keep NVH path out of this area.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Would Especially like to thank Sir. Dhabhar Behram, Sir. Ranjith, Sir. Manveet for their guidance for getting the brake upgraded.

"IT ROCKS"

Got the brake booster changed to TANDEM BSTR (8+9) 26.99. Followed exact procedure as mentioned, the result MARVELOUS

Tandem BSTR - Rs.7,908
Brake Oil DOT4 - 450ml - Rs. 323
Removal & Fitting - Rs. 1,000

Mr. Atish Kumar and Mr. Anil Sharma at Koncept Okhla was gracious enough go get the work done under their supervision. It took them 3 hours to surprise me with the new brakes, wow i am amazed by the modification. Brakes feel Confident.

Still wondering why M&M didn't thing of this in the new variant they launched.

Happy Thar'ing
Attached Thumbnails
Thar Crde and an Isuzu Monk-photo0775.jpg  

Thar Crde and an Isuzu Monk-photo0777.jpg  

Thar Crde and an Isuzu Monk-photo0789.jpg  

Thar Crde and an Isuzu Monk-photo0791.jpg  

Thar Crde and an Isuzu Monk-photo0792.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th March 2013 at 16:50. Reason: Name corrected
davidashish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 10:50   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post

Quote:
Dear Rajith - simple. The LSPV spring locating bracket mounted on the axle has a long vertical slot. Please give the dimension of the height of the center of the spring mounting pivot from the bottom of the bracket, as you have changed this location. Dealers can then make and end gage and use for other customers' vehicles. Clean air hose is rubbing the master cylinder / reservoir. Need to add an absorber material in between to prevent NVH (noise vibration harshness) path. Alternatively, you can move the air cleaner 25mm in front by using distance spacers in X axis, but do this only as a last resort. Use hose separators to keep NVH path out of this area.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
SST is the Special Service Tool number.

Please measure and keep it as reference, this will come in handy when you have to set the LSPV after some repairs, also helps with repeatability.

Without the correct value, the brake cut off pressure will not be regulated properly. Wheels can lock early or late, a correct value ensures the optimum setting.

Spike
Quote:
Originally Posted by XD2 View Post
Thanks Spike.

Will be hunting for a gravel track now. Hoping to do some braking at 20-30ish and see how she behaves .
Quote:
Would Especially like to thank Sir. Dhabhar Behram, Sir. Ranjith, Sir. Manveet for their guidance for getting the brake upgraded.

"IT ROCKS"

Got the brake booster changed to TANDEM BSTR (8+9) 26.99. Followed exact procedure as mentioned, the result MARVELOUS

Tandem BSTR - Rs.7,908
Brake Oil DOT4 - 450ml - Rs. 323
Removal & Fitting - Rs. 1,000

Mr. Atish Kumar and Mr. Anil Sharma at Koncept Okhla was gracious enough go get the work done under their supervision. It took them 3 hours to surprise me with the new brakes, wow i am amazed by the modification. Brakes feel Confident.

Still wondering why M&M didn't thing of this in the new variant they launched.

Happy Thar'ing

SHARING THE FEEDBACK

Hi Team,

Another delightful moment that I would love to share it with M&M.
Ever since I entered in the Mahindra Family I have been treated with amore, certainty and care by a team of highly dedicated and knowledgeable team, be it in Sales or Service.

To begin with, I would again like to mention the Gala experience I had with Mr. Kunal Sharma (GM Sales) at Bhasin Motors as he took extra care towards delivering the Black Mahindra THAR registration “DL 13 CC 7770” on September 2011.

The stock Thar has a major braking issue and past months I was on a look out for a definite solution. Searched online, talked to people who owned the Thar.
Finally the inventor Mr. Dhabhar Behram guided me very precisely as to what had to be done to get the beast a set of good brakes.

Braking a integral part, so I wanted a professional to get the job done. Friends who got the brake upgraded referred me to Mr. Atish Kumar and Mr. Anil Sharma at Koncept Okhla. I was told that Mr. Anil Sharma was the right man for the job and had upgraded the brakes in over 20 Thar’s.

10th March 2013 I visited Koncept Mahindra Okhla workshop for a Brake Booster Upgrade for my Thar. I was welcomed by Mr. Pradeep (Service Advisor);
shortly Mr. Atish Kumar joined in and introduced me to the detailed upgrade procedure. Mr. Anil Sharma elaborated the upgrade and assured me of great aftermath.

In no time Mr. Pradeep got the job card expanded and detailed it to me –

Job Work – Brake Less Effective (Booster Upgrade to TANDEM Crde) + Brake Oil.
Total Estimate – Rs.10,500/-
Promised Delivery Time – Within - 4Hrs.

Contented as genuine M&M spares were opened in front of me by Mr. Anil and the entire upgrade carried right in front of me. Everything settled into place and nothing had to be pulled apart or drilled into. I was also advised on other problems that Thar owners face, like door rattling, clutch serviceability and diesel fumes polluting the cabin, which I agreed to. Mr. Anil Sharma zealous efforts and brainwave which I must applaud rectified the diesel fume issue in a jiffy.

Finally, I test drove the new brakes.

J WOW J

I was amazed at the result and now the Thar felt Confident.

I would like to thank the entire team of Koncept Okhla for delivering genuine services at reasonable rates.

Even yesterday I experienced “A Job Well Done”

Last edited by n_aditya : 12th March 2013 at 13:10. Reason: spelling errors corrected
davidashish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 11:47   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Would Especially like to thank Sir. Dhabhar Behram, Sir. Ranjith, Sir. Manveet for their guidance for getting the brake upgraded. "IT ROCKS". Got the brake booster changed to TANDEM BSTR. Followed exact procedure as mentioned, the result MARVELOUS. It took them 3 hours to surprise me with the new brakes, wow I am amazed by the modification. Brakes feel Confident.

Still wondering why M&M didn't think of this in the new variant they launched.
Dear Davidashish - thank you for your gracious comments on brake upgradation. You as a customer have endorsed what we wanted to do all the time, so I am happy. All's well that ends well.

To answer your above question, "they" did not do "this" in production to save some money. Somebody met his MOP (Measure of Performance), it did not matter whether the "vehicle brakes met its MOP", so you finally ended up paying 10000 rupees for something which should have come to you by right in the first place. So, HaHaHa! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 12:14   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Davidashish - thank you for your gracious comments on brake upgradation. You as a customer have endorsed what we wanted to do all the time, so I am happy. All's well that ends well.

To answer your above question, "they" did not do "this" in production to save some money. Somebody met his MOP (Measure of Performance), it did not matter whether the "vehicle brakes met its MOP", so you finally ended up paying 10000 rupees for something which should have come to you by right in the first place. So, HaHaHa! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sir,

The Last statement does not leave me forlorn, It was solely my decision to board a M&M Thar. Somebody's MOP achieved v/s Rs.10,000/- "Out Of Pocket" - MY TARGET ACHIEVED.

Imagine What M&M THAR would have ACCOMPLISHED if the vehicle met all the MOP

I guess this is what we Indians are Famous for .........

Thanking you.
davidashish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 09:01   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Sir,

The Last statement does not leave me forlorn, It was solely my decision to board a M&M Thar. Somebody's MOP achieved v/s Rs.10,000/- "Out Of Pocket" - MY TARGET ACHIEVED.

Imagine What M&M THAR would have ACCOMPLISHED if the vehicle met all the MOP

I guess this is what we Indians are Famous for .........

Thanking you.
hi,

Hope you have moved the airfilter assy or the inlet pipe , thus not loading on MC tank.Also you have to re solder the old clips from the earlier MC to the new one as the MC tank clips are different in old and new wiring lines.

regards,
Rajith

Last edited by Rajith : 14th March 2013 at 09:04.
Old 14th March 2013, 09:33   #70
BHPian

Quote:
hi,

Hope you have moved the airfilter assy or the inlet pipe , thus not loading on MC tank.Also you have to re solder the old clips from the earlier MC to the new one as the MC tank clips are different in old and new wiring lines.

regards,
Rajith
Sir,
I didn't have to move anything, the Air filter is in the same place; as i had a aftermarket fitment for the aircon; didn't have to be moved either.
1. The new MC had a rubber bush which was removed and directly placed instead of the old one.
2. U bracket from the old MC was fitted to the new MC.
3. Brake oil sensor wire was replaced with old one as the connection socket was different and i didn't want to cut the wire.

Also,
Kindly advise, i've done 44,000Kms and my clutch has gone hard and im facing problem with the 1st and reverse gear. I consulted the koncept guy, he says the clutch of the Thar lasts only 40,000Kms. Is that so?
Old 14th March 2013, 10:19   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Sir,
I didn't have to move anything, the Air filter is in the same place; as i had a aftermarket fitment for the aircon; didn't have to be moved either.
1. The new MC had a rubber bush which was removed and directly placed instead of the old one.
3. Brake oil sensor wire was replaced with old one as the connection socket was different and i didn't want to cut the wire.

Also,
Kindly advise, i've done 44,000Kms and my clutch has gone hard and im facing problem with the 1st and reverse gear. I consulted the koncept guy, he says the clutch of the Thar lasts only 40,000Kms. Is that so?
Pictures Updated for Better Clarity - Might Help Some One
Attached Thumbnails
Thar Crde and an Isuzu Monk-1.jpg  

Thar Crde and an Isuzu Monk-2.jpg  

Thar Crde and an Isuzu Monk-3.jpg  

Old 14th March 2013, 11:55   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Sir,

Also,
Replace clutch fluids,Do bleeding at slave cylinder, adjust the play near the pedal in U bolt by removing the quarter pin. Check whether you have used synchro oil in the gear box.Drive for a week. Still problem exist, remove the clutch assy.

Last edited by Rajith : 14th March 2013 at 11:59.
Old 14th March 2013, 12:14   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Replace clutch fluids,Do bleeding at slave cylinder, adjust the play near the pedal in U bolt by removing the quarter pin. Check whether you have used synchro oil in the gear box.Drive for a week. Still problem exist, remove the clutch assy.
Yesterday i got the gear Oil Changed, rather than the standard mahindra oil - I upgraded to the MOBIL MOBILUBE - MULTIGRADE GEAR & TRANSMISSION OIL 80W-90.
No major change. I guess ill try bleeding it also.

NOTE: 4x4 Transmission oil was not changed.
Old 16th March 2013, 12:17   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To begin with, I would again like to mention the Gala experience I had with Mr. Kunal Sharma (GM Sales) at Bhasin Motors as he took extra care towards delivering the Black Mahindra THAR registration “DL 13 CC 7770” on September 2011.
Quote:
The stock Thar has a major braking issue and past months I was on a look out for a definite solution. Searched online, talked to people who owned the Thar.

Finally the inventor Mr. Dhabhar Behram guided me very precisely as to what had to be done to get the beast a set of good brakes.

Braking a integral part, so I wanted a professional to get the job done. Friends who got the brake upgraded referred me to Mr. Atish Kumar and Mr. Anil Sharma at Koncept Okhla. I was told that Mr. Anil Sharma was the right man for the job and had upgraded the brakes in over 20 Thar’s.

10th March 2013 I visited Koncept Mahindra Okhla workshop for a Brake Booster Upgrade for my Thar. I was welcomed by Mr. Pradeep (Service Advisor);
shortly Mr. Atish Kumar joined in and introduced me to the detailed upgrade procedure. Mr. Anil Sharma elaborated the upgrade and assured me of great aftermath.

I would like to thank the entire team of Koncept Okhla for delivering genuine services at reasonable rates.
Well, all is well that ends well. So Bhasin Mahindra sold you the vehicle and Koncept Mahindra solved your problem .. what did Bhasin Motors have to say about this job - or did you not go to them at all.

Personally, I have had poor sales experience from the Bhasin motors guys so eventually did not buy the Thar from them. Koncept Motors has been satisfactory till date but my first service is still due. Lets see how that goes.

Anyhow, those interested in getting this under warranty may refer this link for more info. Just cross-posting here so that all can get the benefit, since subject is the same.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ml#post3067799
Old 18th March 2013, 10:34   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Pictures Updated for Better Clarity - Might Help Some One
Hi David

I went through the brake booster installation pictures which you had posted. Do you mean to say that you have removed the felt material that was present behind the brake booster? If yes, then it is a serious issue and has to be put back immediately. It is provided there for a purpose, that is to take up all the undulations in the fire wall while tightening the booster mounting bolts. Eliminating this, will result in serious brake drag issue.

Cheers
W_C

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks