Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2009, 22:26   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
Where are you Naveen, and I am sure you have seen the Gurkha in action!
Hi Rahul, I have been missing all that great action you guys at NIOC are having! Off course I have see the mightly Gurkha in action,....makes experts out of learners that one !! Next time I am riding shot-gun with you ! Give me a Holler !
Cheers!
Old 1st May 2009, 23:47   #242
BHPian

Any time Naveen Bhai, it's for you and Amit that I have learned few tricks and can go to an OTR with less butterfly in my tummy!
Old 7th May 2009, 17:57   #243
Team-BHP Support

I think I have an explanation to the rather poor performance of CJ340 during this test. Last couple of weeks, I had noticed that the Jeep had slightly tilted to the right from the rear. Then we did this comparison test with Gurkha. Anyway, today when I gave the Jeep to Mahindra Service Center, I mentioned about it. They looked under and saw this:

Trax Gurkha Test Drive on Horrible roads and Off-road too-imag0032.jpg

I guess this explains why I couldn't easily clear some obstacles like before. Now I can imagine Arka laughing as he reads this.
Old 12th May 2009, 07:44   #244

yep

yes Brutus
Yes i Am the same Grewal
thank you for the compliment

this is the Kaladungi forest in Uttra Khand near Nanital and rite next to Corbett forest
Old 3rd July 2009, 04:55   #245

probs and more

Guys
I am having some problem with my ride
So this Question is Only for Gurkha owners, My Gurkha is over heating when ever i swithch my AC on for about 45 mins to an Hour
is some one else going through the same problem or is it just me?

if some one is or was ? How to solve it
Help Dident get the time to pop the hood my self, I am sure ill find the problem and solve it , still please help EXperts
Old 3rd July 2009, 09:33   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.P.S.Grewal View Post
Guys
So this Question is Only for Gurkha owners, My Gurkha is over heating when ever i swithch my AC on for about 45 mins to an Hour

Help Dident get the time to pop the hood my self, I am sure ill find the problem and solve it , still please help EXperts
Please go through this particular post. I had almost the same issues.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1317327-post157.html

This would help.

Thanks
Rahul

Last edited by rhandle : 3rd July 2009 at 09:34.
Old 1st August 2009, 13:15   #247
BHPian

Using differential locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Now for the internal photos:
======================

That ends the saga of Gurkha test drive on horrible roads and off-road.
was the gurkha not able to climb this hill because the driver was not skilled in using differential locks? Is the use of differential locks complicated or is it easy to decide when to use the diff locks?

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st August 2009 at 13:59. Reason: Avoid quoting entore large post and those with pics, please use preview before submitting. Thanks
Old 16th August 2009, 19:38   #248
BHPian

check the radiator
Might be clogged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.P.S.Grewal View Post
Guys

Old 20th August 2009, 23:52   #249
BHPian

@Rahul,

Hi Rahul,
I am very much impressed with the extensive driving you have done with your Gurkha,thousands of KM in a short time.Its also good to know that you travelled with your family many times(Mine dosent fancy a ride in the Gurkha).
Old 21st August 2009, 01:19   #250
BHPian

@Rahul, Gurkah woes

I read about your multiple thousand km sojourn with your Gurkha and I am impressed.
Your family too did enjoy the Gurkha experience.Mine takes to the Gurkha with great apprehension and for a reason too.

It so happened 2 months ago that I decided to take my brother ,kids and wife to Shirdi.It was a 750 km drive for us.While returning from Shirdi,I noticed that the fuel indicator was dipping at an unexpected rate for the last 25 km or so.I thought its the A/C guzzling up the diesel as well as the power.Even with the A/C off ,there was no improvement in the power.
I had the scent of diesel running thorugh my nose for a long time and we were passing through a small village and we did see a small time car mechanic so I decided to stop and check the problem.

I had read a lot of Gurkha stuff,especially from Rahul and I was hesitant to open the bonnet..its said that fear causes hesitancy and hesitancy causes your worst night-mares come true( So said Bodhi in "Point-Break").

When I opened the bonnet I found diesel all over the engine area.I was shocked and I decided to take the mechanic's help.On approaching him he proclaimed "I do only TATA's and Mahindra's, baaki saagle(saab) bakwas" which made my heart sink further.

Still I insisted that he should have a dekko at my stranded Vehicle.
It was 1900 hours in a small village with an uncooperative mechanic and miles of forest stretch further.

The mechanic ,my wife believes this,was probably prompted by Shirdi ke Baba to help us out.
On running the engine I found ,not a ooze ,but a gush of diesel,through the engine No.1 nozzle,more the acclerator push,bigger the gush.
The mechanic even did not have a spanner of the size of the nozzle head..said it was a very odd size.Off we went to his friends house to get the required spanner.
After 2 hours of hard work ,with my help as a mechanic's side-kick,finally managed to reposition the nozzle head,put a lot of teflon to stem the leak and we were ready to go.
As a parting comment the mechanic said"Arey 4 wheel drive leni hi thi to safari lete,yeh kya liya? to which all my family members strongly agreed ,rather vociferously,even the mechanic was astonished at the response.
I was the culprit that day,had coaxed them to let go the comforts of a Honda Civic and ride the cowboy way.
So we drove along the Highway uncertainly,made past Nashik and dropped the vehicle at the Dealers Workshop once in Mumbai and headed home taking a cab.
Next day,the dealer changed the nozzle,said it was faulty and profusely apologised for the inconvienince. They kept the Gurkha running for 8 hours that day to see for any new problems.
Rahul had written once that "...there are inital hiccups with the Gurkha...",but this one was a spasmodic gag.
So for me :
Family outing with a Gurkha= a Loud NO-NO.

I have done 1800 km since then,without any problems.

Me thinks,Rahul why dont you try your hand and Gurkha at the Raid -de-Himalaya.Its in October. What do you think ? I can be your side-kick if you want me to be.
Old 21st August 2009, 09:39   #251
Senior - BHPian

Nightmarish incidence i must say. But thing is that this can happen with any car, new or old, moderately or highly expensive, you never know. At least i think this is more to do with your luck than the model of the car. If you have read tsk's initial experience on his 4x4 safari, yours was still a much better situation
-regards,
Old 21st August 2009, 10:29   #252
BHPian

@Kandisa

I had driven a Bolero for 4 years,been driving a scorpio for anothe 2 years ,but this sort of a experience was new to me. It is encouraging to know from you that other people have gone through much worse and survived,that puts me in the same boat as others.
Old 21st August 2009, 13:18   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Nightmarish incidence i must say. But thing is that this can happen with any car, new or old, moderately or highly expensive, you never know. At least i think this is more to do with your luck than the model of the car. If you have read tsk's initial experience on his 4x4 safari, yours was still a much better situation
-regards,
Come one man. There are tons of us with deisel vehicles from 540s to indicabs. How many people have their deisel nozzles spewing out deisel in the first couple of thousand kms?
Old 21st August 2009, 14:23   #254
BHPian

@4x4 addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Come one man. There are tons of us with deisel vehicles from 540s to indicabs. How many people have their deisel nozzles spewing out deisel in the first couple of thousand kms?
What exactly do you mean?..... many or none?..
Old 21st August 2009, 14:27   #255
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan View Post
What exactly do you mean?..... many or none?..
He meant none.

The Gurkha sounds like the Bullet of the Indian 4x4 world.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks