Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2008, 12:57   #76
Senior - BHPian

On a point to point comparison, Pajero is way ahead of the CRV in all departments including price & fuel. And I'm not yet talking about the road prescence factor of both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
Going by the no of Pajeros I see here in Chennai, I feel that Pajero's sales will be higher than CRV.
Old 26th March 2008, 13:28   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Why are they giving it a few new colours & a new name & thinking that it will work when it already hasn't??

Plus, it looks pig ugly to boot with the weird two-tone paint job. Always makes me think it's a cut & shut job of two separate cars!!
I would like to meet in person the great mind who came up with this paint job. Or he could just tell me when he is done with the painting.

Right now it looks like an unfinished paint job. (It's amazing how auto manufacturers save money..)

Old 26th March 2008, 13:31   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
(It's amazing how auto manufacturers save money..)
I'm curious to know what makes you say that? With my limited knowledge, I would say that this two-tone paint job would probably cost more than a regular one. But as I said, limited knowledge......

Last edited by suman : 26th March 2008 at 13:32.
Old 26th March 2008, 13:37   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I'm curious to know what makes you say that? With my limited knowledge, I would say that this two-tone paint job would probably cost more than a regular one. But as I said, limited knowledge......
A paint job is supposed to make the vehicle look good. Single color or two tone. But in Pajero's case the white paint looks like the base coat (...or primer or whatever its called). It looks like a vehicle waiting at a painter / tinker's(?) workshop.

Old 26th March 2008, 13:49   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A paint job is supposed to make the vehicle look good. Single color or two tone. But in Pajero's case the white paint looks like the base coat (...or primer or whatever its called). It looks like a vehicle waiting at a painter / tinker's(?) workshop.
So you're referring to "what it looks like to you"? How does that translate into auto manufacturers actually saving money, I don't know.

Besides, looks are highly subjective wouldn't you agree?
Old 26th March 2008, 13:59   #81
Team-BHP Support

The body is a single colour. The bits which are added on later during assembly i.e. the doors and hood are of a diff colour.
Old 26th March 2008, 17:37   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
So you're referring to "what it looks like to you"? How does that translate into auto manufacturers actually saving money, I don't know.
As i told, they only did the base coat (primer)....and saved on the actual paint.

[quote=suman;772237]Besides, looks are highly subjective wouldn't you agree?

Yes, i totally agree to that. If i had the money i would've bought one and COMPLETED the paint job too. Obviously, i don't have that kind of money and hence drive a Bolero.....which is not a great looking vehicle either.

Last edited by Torqy : 26th March 2008 at 17:40.
Old 27th March 2008, 22:25   #83
BHPian

Fishing Monthly - 4WD - Mitsubishi Pajero GLX Turbo

Seems like the real advantage is power when you want it without the turbo lag.. Read that the chassis is wider in the SFX than the GLX. It certainly looks so in the photographs, but as usual the website has no mention of the SFX.
Old 27th March 2008, 22:59   #84
Senior - BHPian

I love the looks of the Pajero. The two tone paint job is a disaster. I have always looked at Pajero, Land Cruiser and Land Rover with lot of respect. I agree that its a dated model and not worht the price.
Mitsu,
Bring Outlander to India!! I hope I will be able to afford it one day.
Old 27th March 2008, 23:17   #85
Senior - BHPian

I bought the latest autocar today because it had a Pajero SFX comparo with Endy 3.0 and I was curious to see what was in there.

Autocar gave thumbs up to Endy over Pajero because of better engine, comfort and interiors. That, inspite of lousy ride and handling of Endy. One of the things I didn't get it was comfort. How can Pajero have better ride and still Endeavour be more comfortable ?

Other thing that I noticed was that Pajero's price was listed as 19.5 L ex-showroom. I thought HM followed the practice of single price all over India and the price of Pajero SFX is kept unchanged at 18.81. Any ideas about that ?
Old 28th March 2008, 09:17   #86
BHPian

Today's Hindu has a BIG ad of the Pajero SFX in the last page.

Hindu - Chennai Edition.
Old 16th April 2008, 16:32   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
I bought the latest autocar today because it had a Pajero SFX comparo with Endy 3.0 and I was curious to see what was in there.

Autocar gave thumbs up to Endy over Pajero because of better engine, comfort and interiors. That, inspite of lousy ride and handling of Endy. One of the things I didn't get it was comfort. How can Pajero have better ride and still Endeavour be more comfortable ?

Other thing that I noticed was that Pajero's price was listed as 19.5 L ex-showroom. I thought HM followed the practice of single price all over India and the price of Pajero SFX is kept unchanged at 18.81. Any ideas about that ?
while reading the article- sometimes I get an opinion that the articles are not neutral. Found a similar strain between the Safari 2.2 and Eagle. But then again - this is my opinion.
Old 16th April 2008, 16:43   #88
BANNED

Quote:
hence drive a Bolero.....which is not a great looking vehicle either.

I dont agree on that
Old 16th April 2008, 18:02   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I dont agree on that
Ssssshhhh.......that was just to make the Pajero guys feel good.

Old 8th August 2008, 07:24   #90
BHPian

New found love?

Suddenly there are a lot more of them on the streets of Bangalore. What changed - is there a minimum critical mass that is required for word of mouth marketing to start this trend? If so, the GV badly needs to get there. There are just cosmetic changes made to the pajero (more to my dislike) but it seems to have caught people's fancy..Though there are supposed to be more Captiva's sold, you dont see them as often on the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks