Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 20:06   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
i.e. guys who dont need to learn from you but know all there is to know about your vehicle.
I did not understand this statement. Yeah i have problems with English.
Can you elaborate Gogi bhai?

Thanks
--Sree--
Old 16th September 2009, 20:39   #182
Senior - BHPian

Gogi is saying - One doesnt need to pay for road_side garage and let the mechanic LEARN at our expense. Instead pay the MM Mech's who dont need LEARNING but know all about a Jeep. (But as you said somwhere before, neither IG or VM in BLore knows his share of Jeeps)
Old 17th September 2009, 00:56   #183
Senior - BHPian

Don't get me wrong, it amused me as i have never such amount as labour charges except for denting, painting and alignment.
Old 17th September 2009, 09:48   #184
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Gogi is saying - One doesn't need to pay for road_side garage and let the mechanic LEARN at our expense. Instead pay the MM Mech's who dont need LEARNING but know all about a Jeep.
In reality most MM mechanics don't really know about Jeeps. Only in smaller towns where they encounter Jeeps, their knowledge is high.

But Sudhir Kashyap's or Ferdi's workshops are unique because they are headed by Jeep fanatics. Ask GTO or Gogi to consider an alternative M&M garage, they will be terrified just like other Jeepers from Bangalore or Chennai.
Old 17th September 2009, 09:50   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Sreerajunnithan - my mailbox gets jammed many times due to junk mail. As I am going through the most critical phase of my new project at this point in time, I rarely check my PMs so it is quite possible that I have not replied. Sorry for that. I have asked our system to give me the contact of a good guy in Bangalore who can help you. Just hold for some time, I'll get back to you.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 17th September 2009, 10:16   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Sreerajunnithan - my mailbox gets jammed many times due to junk mail. As I am going through the most critical phase of my new project at this point in time, I rarely check my PMs so it is quite possible that I have not replied. Sorry for that. I have asked our system to give me the contact of a good guy in Bangalore who can help you. Just hold for some time, I'll get back to you.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Thank you very much Behram sir. Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Thanks
--Sree--
Old 17th September 2009, 11:00   #187
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Today when I gave it for post-offroad service, the SA wanted to know the water fording depth and duration I encountered so that he can access the damage to oil seals.
Exactly what I mean. I rarely ever have to send the Jeep back to Milestone for the same work, 99% of repairs / maintenance jobs are solved at first attempt.

See, the upkeep of a 12 year old discontinued model that has zero parts supply in the after-market can entail a lot of free time, something I don't have. With Milestone, all I have to do is call them and email across the to-do list. It's that simple. If you want high quality work & convenience, you gotta pay for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I would agree to go with oe Mahindra parts, especially coz they are not at all expensive.
How true. The cost of some replacement parts makes me smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
But Sudhir Kashyap's or Ferdi's workshops are unique because they are headed by Jeep fanatics.
Thus, not only do you get special attention, but also a deep understanding of your vehicle.
Old 17th September 2009, 12:55   #188
BANNED

Quote:
I have asked our system to give me the contact of a good guy in Bangalore who can help you.
That sounds like music to my ears...

Please do mention the name and contact details on the forum itself. Orelse we will need to bribe Sree
Old 18th November 2009, 18:50   #189
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The ol' Jeep syndrome is hitting a home run now. For those unfamiliar with this syndrome, what it basically hints toward is the amount of $$$ you spend on the upkeep of an ol' Jeep.

My steering rack was about to give away. Got it changed at Milestone alongwith an entire overhaul of the steering assembly (including king pin etc.). From all the work that I got done last year:

Quote:
- Brand new 2.5 liter diesel (BSII). Installed.
- 4 speed Gearbox overhauled
- 4x4 overhauled
- Differentials overhauled
- New Clutch
- New electrical system
- New Alternator
- New Fuel Pump
- New Oil Pump
- New Starter
- Air-conditioner overhauled.
- Suspension overhauled
- Braking system overhauled
The steering wasn't overhauled. Hopefully nothing else comes up after a couple more OTRs lined up. After the entire rebuild last year, stuff that I've gotten done:

- All axles changed
- Cross member changed (damaged after an OTR)
- Steering overhaul (now).
- Complete service (change of all lubes, filters etc.)

What's pending:

- Body work
- New tyres

'09 has seen about 40 grand dumped into the Jeep. Just a headsup since I see a lot of BHPians buying old Jeeps. They are NOT cheap to maintain, especially if you do a lot of offroading. Old Jeeps also take up a LOT of your time. My Classic is probably responsible for 70% of the total time I spend on my cars maintenance (Vtec & Indigo are simple, Merc mid-way but the Jeep is the most substantial). Unless you really love your Jeep, you will get fed up.

The good news is, my Jeep is mechanically *tight* as of today

Last edited by GTO : 18th November 2009 at 19:05.
Old 18th November 2009, 22:28   #190
Team-BHP Support

Someday I have to open my Jeep service file, and add up all the bills for the last 18 months. The only question I have in my mind, will it cross 1.5L? And I am not counting the winch, alloys, new tyres or CF leafs.
Old 27th November 2009, 00:13   #191
BHPian

@GTO
What was the cost of the new xd3p engine you installed in your jeep?
Old 30th November 2009, 13:16   #192

Old army jeep

MY brother recently purchased an old ARMY 550 , he purchased it recently . and is doing a new paint job to it .
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Classic 4x4. 2.5 Liter Diesel. Back on the road!-.jpg  

Mahindra Classic 4x4. 2.5 Liter Diesel. Back on the road!-6.jpg  

Old 3rd December 2009, 10:02   #193
BHPian

Quote:

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
As Sreeraj told ,

We all Banglore guys are waiting for this. We need a good place where all the work can be done without much head ache.

babu
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:34   #194
Senior - BHPian

How true

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For those unfamiliar with this syndrome, what it basically hints toward is the amount of $$$ you spend on the upkeep of an ol' Jeep.

...... They are NOT cheap to maintain, especially if you do a lot of offroading. Old Jeeps also take up a LOT of your time. My Classic is probably responsible for 70% of the total time I spend on my cars maintenance (Vtec & Indigo are simple, Merc mid-way but the Jeep is the most substantial). Unless you really love your Jeep, you will get fed up.
Ask me how!! Went for an offroad about 2 weeks back in palar. It was raining cats and dogs. Did lot of water splashing and water fording. Casuality-

1. Self motor packed up
2. Flywheel rig gear damaged
3. Water inside the engine

Now getting head gasket changed. Truly jeep involves lot of $$$$.

I spent about 2.2 lakhs on the vehicle including purchase cost of the vehicle and i have been running it for past 2 years.
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:15   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Ask me how!! Went for an offroad about 2 weeks back in palar. It was raining cats and dogs. Did lot of water splashing and water fording. Casuality-

1. Self motor packed up
2. Flywheel rig gear damaged
3. Water inside the engine

Now getting head gasket changed. Truly jeep involves lot of $$$$.

I spent about 2.2 lakhs on the vehicle including purchase cost of the vehicle and i have been running it for past 2 years.
Same thing with me buddy!!! Water is definitely a killer for the starter and I've personally suffered

We guys went to Corbett, did a lot of water fording and that time it looked cool and wonderful. Then fastforward 10 days and everything goes wrong. In a nutshell I spent about 11 grands on a new starter motor and servicing the alternator

So now no water stunts for me from now on!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks