Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:56   #151
Senior - BHPian

Why not NDMS 700.16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Sabareesh - Congratulations. The Jeep has come out very well. Do not change tyres immediately. Also, please do not use 7.00*16 tyres. Use P215/75R15 radial tyres with corresponding wheel rims. I think present tyres should last you for some more time.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Behram sir,
Any reason for not recommending 7.00 16 NDMS? P215/75 R15 would reduce G.C and also would be tough on steering.

please explain....

with regards vinod
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:11   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
Thanks Arka, That was a morale booster. I am eagerly waiting for 7.00x16. As instructed by you, I would use the current set of tyres for some months and couple of OTRs.

Man! Amazing is the word! And that too you have managed to achieve in under 40-45 days is great.

Looks really tempting.

Wanna sell
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:28   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Behram sir,
Any reason for not recommending 7.00 16 NDMS? P215/75 R15 would reduce G.C and also would be tough on steering.

please explain....

with regards vinod

Behram Sir,

I am eager to know the answer for this query. Is P215/75 R15 suitable for Off-road ?
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:44   #154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Behram Sir,

I am eager to know the answer for this query. Is P215/75 R15 suitable for Off-road ?
May be that is the OE tyre on non-classic CL340 or CJ340.
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:49   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
@ Sabareesh : THAT is some transformation, man. Really appreciate your spirit. kudos.

i made some before & after comparison pics to add icing to this thread

Attachment 75781
Attachment 75782
Attachment 75783
Attachment 75784
Attachment 75785
Attachment 75786
Attachment 75787
Sabreesh,

Nice restoration work and done with in a short period! Looks interesting while go through the before and after jeep comparison

sali
Old 4th December 2008, 01:12   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
@ Sabareesh : THAT is some transformation, man. Really appreciate your spirit. kudos.

i made some before & after comparison pics to add icing to this thread
Now, THIS is some cool job any one has done on this thread

Totally totally and standing ovation to you badboyscad!
Old 15th December 2008, 11:14   #157
BHPian

Got the front propeller shaft & took the delivery yesterday evening..

The D-Day finally came.

Yesterday morning, I managed to get the Front Propeller Shaft unit from Kurla Bhindi Bazaar. Got it fitted in the JEEP and my mechanic tested the 4WD on a nearby terrain. It worked flawlessly.... hurray!!!

I took the delivery at 4 in the evening and brought it home. After the customary pooja, I took my family out for a short spin.

Since I want to get used to JEEP before taking it off-road, I decided to drive it down to office, a 30 kms drive would give me enough ideas on handling a JEEP. Nothing can be compared to the wonderful experience that I had today; I felt like God and wanted to forgive the Zens and Santros of the world who rolled their windows up on seeing me. Bikers would chat with me at signals; youngsters on the road would wave at me & show thumbs up. I have driven a BMW 320d & an Audi Q7 on the same roads, they are head turners for sure but when an Open Top JEEP passes by, people look at it and give a broad smile.

It was a different feeling altogether, a combination of uneasiness & Bliss at the same time. Now I guess I have started understanding the JEEP thing, a feeling that every JEEPer has, the love and passion for his machine, It cannot be expressed by words...You have to have a JEEP to understand it.

Cheers cheers:
Old 15th December 2008, 11:23   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Sabreesh. Always feels great to see a 4x4 restored and ready for use.

Quote:
... Nothing can be compared to the wonderful experience that I had today; I felt like God and wanted to forgive the Zens and Santros of the world who rolled their windows up on seeing me. Bikers would chat with me at signals; youngsters on the road would wave at me & show thumbs up. I have driven a BMW 320d & an Audi Q7 on the same roads, they are head turners for sure but when an Open Top JEEP passes by, people look at it and give a broad smile.

It was a different feeling altogether, a combination of uneasiness & Bliss at the same time. .....
. Nothing beats the feeling of driving a open top 4x4 vehicle.

A word of advice: Always Be a Responsible Driver. We the 4x4 drivers are the 'ambassadors' of jeeps etc and we should be responsible towards fellow road users.
Old 15th December 2008, 11:30   #159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I felt like God and wanted to forgive the Zens and Santros of the world who rolled their windows up on seeing me. Bikers would chat with me at signals; youngsters on the road would wave at me & show thumbs up. I have driven a BMW 320d & an Audi Q7 on the same roads, they are head turners for sure but when an Open Top JEEP passes by, people look at it and give a broad smile.
That's what I had mentioned in my Coorg Mahindra Great Escape report, Jeep drivers with no doors are instantly perceived to be friendly and approachable.

Quote:
It was a different feeling altogether, a combination of uneasiness & Bliss at the same time. Now I guess I have started understanding the JEEP thing, a feeling that every JEEPer has, the love and passion for his machine, It cannot be expressed by words...You have to have a JEEP to understand it.
So, you finally get it.

Quote:
I took the delivery at 4 in the evening and brought it home. After the customary pooja, I took my family out for a short spin.
Now is the time to ask the question I always wanted to ask in this thread. What did Amma say?
Old 15th December 2008, 11:57   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
A word of advice: Always Be a Responsible Driver. We the 4x4 drivers are the 'ambassadors' of jeeps etc and we should be responsible towards fellow road users.
Would follow your advice for sure Khan bhai, I would need couple of tutorials for Off-roading. Would love to join you guys at next OTR for some pointers. Let me see when can I make a trip down south.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
That's what I had mentioned in my Coorg Mahindra Great Escape report, Jeep drivers with no doors are instantly perceived to be friendly and approachable.
I agree, Your report had correctly highlighted the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Now is the time to ask the question I always wanted to ask in this thread. What did Amma say?
Now thats a big question.... Mom was somehow confused on my choice to get a JEEP, she was always like "You already own a Scorpio JEEP, why do you want another one ??? what would you get after driving it on Mountains and river beds".

Me, Dad and Wifey had a tough time explaining her the concept behind Off-roading but finally she was convinced and enjoyed the Joy Ride.
Old 15th December 2008, 12:09   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...It was a different feeling altogether, a combination of uneasiness & Bliss at the same time. Now I guess I have started understanding the JEEP thing, a feeling that every JEEPer has, the love and passion for his machine, It cannot be expressed by words...
Very well-said. Congratulation for finally having your machine ready and rolling it around. And I do appreciate your comments Khan, that should be the way to differentiate the jeepers from the show-off macho people on road.
-Best regards,
Old 15th December 2008, 19:05   #162
Senior - BHPian

congrats Sabareesh, some pics in daylight please?
Old 15th December 2008, 19:31   #163
BHPian

Congratz Sabareesh

Good to know that Amma was happy.

Awaiting off roading pictures soon....
Old 16th December 2008, 15:03   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
congrats Sabareesh, some pics in daylight please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Chaser View Post
Congratz Sabareesh

Good to know that Amma was happy.Awaiting off roading pictures soon....
Sure friends... My hands are itching to take the boy off-road. Would take it for a short spin on nearby terrain this weekend and post pics for sure.
Old 16th December 2008, 15:10   #165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sure friends... My hands are itching to take the boy off-road. Would take it for a short spin on nearby terrain this weekend and post pics for sure.
Take somebody with experience with you to guide you. Offroading is not really commonsense.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks