Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2009, 07:40   #241
rippergeo

Bones of a bolero and heart of a scorpio in the exterior of an MM540. thats what I gathered from the thread so far. price upwards of 6lakhs.
I'll have to see it. If its above 5, then its out of my budget, or I'll have to part with the swift, something I'm not willing to do.
I might change my mind after a TD though.

Old 10th October 2009, 08:39   #242
Team-BHP Support

Mera Jootha (& Chassis) hai Scorpio
Yeh Engine hai Bolero Storm
Sar pe FRP custom cabin
Phir be looks hai MM540

I'll take one please. I am going to get a custom job done for the lockable cabin.
Old 10th October 2009, 15:23   #243
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys,
The countdown begins....

1. Vinod Nookala (+3 non member names)
2. 4x4 addict (+3 non members names from him)
3. Samurai

Total of 9...who else? we have 91 more to go..come on guys. Please refer names of people whom you know.
Old 10th October 2009, 15:30   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Ok guys,
The countdown begins....

1. Vinod Nookala (+3 non member names)
2. 4x4 addict (+3 non members names from him)
3. Samurai

Total of 9...who else? we have 91 more to go..come on guys. Please refer names of people whom you know.
Names for what Vinod? To get the Thar to India, is it?

BTW, 4x4 is already addicted to his new 4x4 and I am still waiting for him to start his review on the same. I lost a promised ride.

Last edited by beejay : 10th October 2009 at 15:32. Reason: BTW....
Old 10th October 2009, 16:41   #245
Team-BHP Support

Price indication needed, 5-6 lakhs? Then am in!
Old 10th October 2009, 17:15   #246
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Price indication needed, 5-6 lakhs? Then am in!
same here. I'm tired of planning mods that will never happen and would like to start offroading ASAP. If its between 5 and 6- i'll chuck the gypsy vs bolero vaccillation and get one of these.

if its higher- I'll just have to wait for the bolero storm CRDe with 4wd, so that I can have a 2 in 1 vehicle for daily use and trail riding

Old 10th October 2009, 22:07   #247
Senior - BHPian

Dear Friends,
I wish i could join you all in owning Behram Sir's baby.
I waited for 6 months. I guess, it was 6 months back that i had PMed Behram Sir about this vehicle. (I know there are members here who've waited much much longer than me). Anyway, after 6 months, since i was not sure if this wait would end or if it would just go on, i decided to purchase a new Gypsy. I still hope that this comes true and we all get to see/own this vehicle.
Cheers to all of you who would be buying this vehicle and Behram Sir: I wish you all the best and i am very sure that it shall be a superb vehicle !
- Deepak
Old 10th October 2009, 23:45   #248
Senior - BHPian

Price point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
same here. I'm tired of planning mods that will never happen and would like to start offroading ASAP. If its between 5 and 6- i'll chuck the gypsy vs bolero vaccillation and get one of these.

if its higher- I'll just have to wait for the bolero storm CRDe with 4wd, so that I can have a 2 in 1 vehicle for daily use and trail riding
Bolero storm Crde 4wd will never see day light as it will touch 9 lakhs on road bracket. Will you still buy a Bolero for that money?

In my opinion Thar will be priced between 6.5 to 7.2 lakhs ex-showroom as Invader with a DI turbo sells at 5.5 to 6.00 lakhs odd ex showroom. They cannot price it in that category for obvious reasons. I expect them to charge atleast 50,000 to 70,000 premium over Invader for the Crde motor.

If this pricing strategy holds good then does it make sence to buy thar? Pour in your thought guys
Old 11th October 2009, 07:03   #249
rippergeo

Quote:
Bolero storm Crde 4wd will never see day light as it will touch 9 lakhs on road bracket. Will you still buy a Bolero for that money?

In my opinion Thar will be priced between 6.5 to 7.2 lakhs ex-showroom as Invader with a DI turbo sells at 5.5 to 6.00 lakhs odd ex showroom. They cannot price it in that category for obvious reasons. I expect them to charge atleast 50,000 to 70,000 premium over Invader for the Crde motor.

If this pricing strategy holds good then does it make sence to buy thar? Pour in your thought guys
at 6.5-7.2, it will make sense only if it is the average buyer's sole car. so it has to do what hatchbacks do- be reasonably comfortable on the city and highway.
So, now for me- it depends on the TD.
But, I'm beginning to think that for a common rail engine with 4WD- the above pricing is absolutely VFM. its just a matter of finding the "M" for me
I definitely want one.

Old 11th October 2009, 08:08   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will - A bolero can withstand a lot more abuse than many comparable vehicles. [Politely stated as i do not intend start a fight]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I definitely want one.
@Vinod: You got one more
Old 11th October 2009, 08:41   #251
BHPian

OMG!!! I am totally confused. Actually saving for an SUV/Scorpio. But this is tempting. My heart says go for it, but the head thinks differently.
Lots of questions to ask on road price, Loan whether possible, Vehicle is just for off-road or highways/city drive also etc. Somebody help me.
Old 11th October 2009, 10:24   #252
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
I will - A bolero can withstand a lot more abuse than many comparable vehicles. [Politely stated as i do not intend start a fight]
If Thar with aftermarket lockable cabin and A/C works out below 8L, then there is no reason for a fight.
Old 11th October 2009, 19:11   #253
Senior - BHPian

toughness

Quote:

OT-Bolero no doubt is a tough beast and has shown that on our country roads and volumes this vehicle has been doing off the late.But 9 lakhs for a 4wd Bolero(if that existed)?nah! may be if it was cheaper by a lakh i would have considered. Math goes like this-
7.3 lahks on road for XD 3p engine and NGT 530 R with electric 4wd. Would you pay 1.7 lakhs more for just a change of engine and suspension setup? Premium for CRde motor must be 50,000 to 70,000 maximum. IFs components with 4wd set up another 30,000 considering they still use the same brogwarner T/C. This brings it up to 8 lakhs on road! But alas Bolero 2wd storm retails at 8 lakhs on road for some zigmos which IMHO is not vale for money. Having said this no doubts about the vehicle capability and looks one of the best in business, even better than muscular scorpio!!

Expect the new Thar to be as tough as Bolero, but cannot be truely a family tourer and Bolero storm cannot be a hard core off roader due to its extra wheel base. So, there is a compromise! As said before even if Bolero storm comes with 4wd it will simply not deliver VFM which Thar promises to deliver.
Old 11th October 2009, 19:22   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Premium for CRde motor must be 50,000 to 70,000 maximum. ....This brings it up to 8 lakhs on road! But alas Bolero 2wd storm retails at 8 lakhs on road for some zigmos
Thats exactly how they have priced the storm - Its 60K more than the SLX - ex showroom.

The Storm is 7.xx on road and adding another 30K for 4wd is VFM but i guess they might not want to bring it on as there are no volumes for 4wd vehicles in India.

And BTW, the storm does NOT have any gizmos that the Xylo has

If you call PW, PS, AC and CL as gizmos then YES, but all Boleros upward of SLE have it!
Old 12th October 2009, 09:49   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats exactly how they have priced the storm - Its 60K more than the SLX - ex showroom.

The Storm is 7.xx on road and adding another 30K for 4wd is VFM but i guess they might not want to bring it on as there are no volumes for 4wd vehicles in India.

And BTW, the storm does NOT have any gizmos that the Xylo has

If you call PW, PS, AC and CL as gizmos then YES, but all Boleros upward of SLE have it!
Thanks for correcting me headers, i thought Bolero storm was close to 8 lakhs on road, but 7 lakhs and odd is not that bad at all! By zigmos i meant seat belt warning system, voice message system etc...a/c , p/s, p/w all are necessities in a modern vehicle yar

so, i guess it is safe to guess the pricing tof THAR to be about 6.5 lakhs for adding about 60 to 80k over invader 4wd. Above this it would be not be a VFM product.

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 12th October 2009 at 09:52.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks