Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2009, 10:04   #91
BHPian

hi amar,has the color already been decided?instead of getting your jeep painted in moga,i can suggest you few options in ludhiana itself,there are two three really good body workshops,there is this gentleman who shifted from UK and got all his equipment from there to ludhiana including BURNTWOOD paint booth with the oven and filters,he and his wife had been in automotive sectore for a pretty longtime and have done various degress in the same field.He is a bit expensive than regular guys but i am very confident on his quality,seing is believing,and he follows all the procedures and has the latest equipments.The workshop goes by the name "EUROMOTORS",moreover,i saw a really cool gypsy sometime back,a very unique siliver with white top,looked amazing,can send you the pic.As far as the registration in ludhiana goes,well i dont think so now you can get disposals registered in ludhiana,i got mine around 15years back and i tried for another jeep of mine but couldn't.

regards

mandeep
Old 24th June 2009, 10:49   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
,moreover,i saw a really cool gypsy sometime back,a very unique siliver with white top,looked amazing,can send you the pic.As far as the registration in ludhiana goes,well i dont think so now you can get disposals registered in ludhiana,i got mine around 15years back and i tried for another jeep of mine but couldn't.

mandeep
Mandeep i have decided the red color, actually its more of my wife's choice then mine but can you send pics of that gyspy ASAP as the paint job will start anytime soon. You can post in the thread or mail me at amarvirdhillon@gmail.com

The paint booth is in ludhiana itself, they are sending it to moga just for seat covers and roof top.Well, till now i haven't heard any negative feedback regarding registration and there is further delay in process as all the governemnt offices including DTO office is on strike in ludhiana because of misbehave of akali workers with tehsildar of ludhiana.

Mandeep i will do my best to get it registered in ludhiana.

Amar
Old 2nd July 2009, 01:06   #93
Senior - BHPian

Amar,

Any updates on this ? I quite enjoy reading this thread and learning about the progress.
Old 2nd July 2009, 01:31   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Amar,

Any updates on this ? I quite enjoy reading this thread and learning about the progress.
Hi Satnam,
The project got a bit delayed on both sides I mean in garage as well as on the registration side.

1) The painter shop was closed for a few days as there was some marriage going in his family. Gypsy will be delivered after painting work by end of next week(good that its being done in a paint booth as monsoon have started in punjab) after that engine has to be fixed. My main concern is that small small parts like side cladding,windshield washer nosel wouldn't be avaliable of the shelf and there will be waiting period to get those items.

2) Registration process got delayed becuase of strike in revenue department, but so far looks good and will be hopefully finished before rebuild is done.

I was thinking of restoring another gypsy when mpfi would have been avaliable but i think i am done, its way to hard to rebuild sitting abroad.

Just one question , Does pajero have diff locks on front and rear?
Old 2nd July 2009, 02:10   #95
BHPian

I am planning to buy a RPM Gauge, i feel 5" RPM gauge is bit to big for gypsy dashboard. I was seeing few on ebay and found one thats called lazer guided rpm gauge.
MSD 3.375" TACHOMETER LAZER GAUGE 10,000 RPM W/ SHIFT LIGHT

Any feedback?
Old 4th July 2009, 19:42   #96
BANNED

Photos please

Hi Amar82 Please post some pics of your gypsy
Old 5th July 2009, 11:24   #97
BHPian

Is it possible to change carb engine of gypsy to mpfi engine of esteem(hope esteem and gyspy has same engine) without any adapter plate to GB . If possible, what are the changes that i have to incorporate?
Old 6th July 2009, 10:46   #98
BHPian

Hi Amar

You are right that the Esteem and Gypsy, also the swift have the same 1.3L petrol engine. Buth there are some differences in the gypsy engine. I think the compression ratio and the cams are different in the Gypsy engine. You can look up the Maruti website for exact specs. You can put in the esteem engine but it will not give you the same torque at lower rpms as the Gypsy engine will.

Cheers
Ankit
Old 6th July 2009, 12:44   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Hi Amar

You can put in the esteem engine but it will not give you the same torque at lower rpms as the Gypsy engine will.

Cheers
Ankit
Hi Ankit,

I surfed online to check the differences, i found esteem engine even more powerful. I am not that techy but i listing the engine comparison:

Esteem Engine:

Engine Type/Model 4 stroke, Water-cooled with 32-Bit Electronic Control Module (ECM)
Displacement cc 1298
Power (PS@rpm) 85PS @6000rpm
Torque (kgm@rpm) 11.2kgm @4500rpm
Valve Mechanism SOHC
Bore x Stroke 74.0 x 75.5 mm
Compression Ratio 9:1
No of Cylinders (cylinder) 4

Gypsy King Engine:

Engine Description 1.3L 80bhp 16V MPFI
Engine Displacement(cc) 1298
No. of Cylinders 4
Maximum Power 81 @ 6,000 (PS@rpm)
Maximum Torque 10.5 @ 4,500 (kgm@rpm)
Valves Per Cylinder 4
Valve Configuration SOHC
Fuel Supply System MPFI
Bore x Stroke 74.0 x 75.5 mm
Compression Ratio 9:1

Another question, does esteem mpfi engine fit perfectly on gypsy king carb gearbox

Amar

Last edited by Amar82 : 6th July 2009 at 12:53.
Old 6th July 2009, 16:31   #100
BHPian

amar if you are thinking of an efi engine swap,then you should definately consider baleno's engine too,i have seen those on gypsys and they totally stunned me with their performance,but its your gypsy and your choice,just a suggestion from my side.

cheers

mandeep
Old 6th July 2009, 17:00   #101
Senior - BHPian

My 10 Cents with Renegade. My friend is using Balen 1.6 Engine in his Gypsy, it's Amazing.
Old 6th July 2009, 19:38   #102
BHPian

+1 Amar I agree with Mandeep 1.6 will be amazing for the Gypsy.

BTW does any one know how much will a baleno engine cost used or new?

Is it even possible to get a new one?
Old 6th July 2009, 20:20   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailee_Jatt_Boy View Post
+1 Amar I agree with Mandeep 1.6 will be amazing for the Gypsy.

BTW does any one know how much will a baleno engine cost used or new?

Is it even possible to get a new one?
i drove a gypsy with 1.6,i am flattered i must say,what fun,fish tailing in the mountains.i can try to find out the price of a new or less used baleno engine,its almost 100 bhp as i am not so sure of it,but 100 bhp more is additional only for chosen few (jatt power).
Old 6th July 2009, 22:35   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
amar if you are thinking of an efi engine swap,then you should definately consider baleno's engine too,i have seen those on gypsys and they totally stunned me with their performance,but its your gypsy and your choice,just a suggestion from my side.
Thanks Gurpreet,Shubhendra

The reason i was thinking about esteem engine was mainly because of 2 reasons:

1) Avaliablity of esteem engine is much higher then baleno.
2) Minimum changes required.

Mandeep can you provide a rough estimate of the total cost involved for 1.6L baleno engine. The engine(1.3 carb) of the gypsy has to be rebuild so should i restore it and then afterwards go for engine swap or just do it now.
Old 6th July 2009, 22:41   #105
BHPian

Correctly said Mandeep! right on spot.

Amar, I would say if you can find an engine do it now. Get it done once and for all. Do it right the first time One restoration cycle might wear you enough that I guess you might not feel like going for the engine swap later.
Plus I dont think you are in a hurry to get the jeep done so you have time till your next visit to Punjab so it might be worth the extra effort. BTW when are you visiting India next?

Can someone throw some light on how difficult is it to install the baleno engine in the Gypsy shell?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks