Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2017, 23:55   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio 4WD

Posting 2 Public domain video's of the Scorpio/Getaway/Pik-up. One of these against the mighty TLC-J70.

Its Ironic how it wins more and more international hearts, while we find it fashionable to rubbish!

1100D is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 19:23   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto View Post
I have been using one since 2007 and it has given me great service .
But the biggest problem I am facing is when ignorant drivers who use my car or the service guys at mahindra engage the 4 wd switch without following the correct procedure and jam the system .
This has happened quite often and am contemplating making a cover for the switch with a lock to stop idiots from touching it .
The other option is to remove the plug from the control box under the drivers seat so that the switch will not function .
I wish mahindra gives a safety switch to stop the 4 wd from working unless it is switched on .
This issue has cost me a lot of time and effort ,and of course money just because a curios mechanic at mahindra wants to fool around with any switch in sight without the training to do so .
Last time my car went to the service centre for a ecu issue , it has come back with a jammed motor .
Hi @magneto,

How do you get a jammed switch to work again. I have a 2012 model 4x4 and it seems that every time I want to shift to 4L it does not work. 4H works perfectly. Please if you can point me to the issue. I have taken my scorpio to multiple places without luck, max the technicians told me to chage something (motor) in the transfer case, the part costing 24K. I am facing seriously a major issue in understanding the issue and also finding competent garage to fix it.

regards
Old 8th October 2021, 19:32   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I know, some people might have their mind setup against the Scorpio, for reasons unknown.

However, I do have an example with me, with its ODO sitting right now at 168000kms and it runs without any loss of power. I reside in Calcutta and have had multiple trips from here to Ladakh, Spiti, Arunachal covering even places like Marsimik-La, PenziLa, desert road from Chusul to Hanle (let alone basic stuff like KhardungLa or Rohtang that you mention). More than all that, it has been to Sandakphu (one of the prolonged steepest climbs in India) multiple times without sweat and that too at a time the roads weren't even partially concretized.

We also do offroading events almost every month end and although the obstacles there are hardly extreme, but they cannot also be termed mild.

You can see the complete ownership journey here:-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-v...kh-kms-up.html (Marengo: Rocky Beige Mahindra Scorpio mHawk 4WD & MLD. 4 years & 1 lakh kms up!)

Wow! that thread is amazing! Straight away voted 5 star!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D
There is no reason a properly maintained Scorpio (by proper maintenance, I dont mean anything more than scheduled maintenance) shouldn't be able to serve you well. However, the workshop support staff sometimes tend to take owners for a ride. But as long as you keep your technical and logical reasoning up and keep the management involved, they soon learn not to fleece you.

I love my Scorpio more now, than I did before. Earlier this year, I could take an impromptu trip to Arunachal Pradesh, to interiors of Tawang without any vehicle preparation at all and the vehicle just came back from there without a hiccup, given the horrible roads it endured.
I have recently moved to Kolkata, and I am looking for competent 4x4 garage in Kolkata who can attend to a issue of not able to engage 4L. Also 4H gives a squeeky sound from the front wheels. I tried to fix this in Delhi and Lucknow, both places I could not find competent garage, actualy I had given my car at ASC of M&M but they also couldnt not help. Max they said was to change the motor in transfer case which would be costing some 24K. warm regards and I hope you still have the Marengo with you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks