Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2009, 18:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

My Toyota Landcruiser FJ40

TBHPians,

I would like to know which is the best Toyota made engines (Indian versions such as DCM Toyota, Qualis, Innova etc.) that can fit into the Toyota FJ40 of? Please consider that the vehicle has got it's original differentials and gearbox with transfer case.

I would like to know which one will fit perfectly without changing the geometry of the FJ40. The way XD3P mates with Classic jeep, I wanted to know the engine for the FJ40 (preferably a diesel plant)

Do let me know what will be normal cost to buy those engines in scarp market if you have idea on the cost front.

-Siva
trammway is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2009, 21:17   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
TBHPians,

that can fit into the Toyota FJ40 of? Please consider that the vehicle has got it's original differentials and gearbox with transfer case.

-Siva
Hi Siva,

From where did you got this FJ...? Please give more details with pics

Sali
Old 11th November 2009, 00:25   #3
BHPian

Congrats on your new acquisition

Hi Siva,

Well i am assuming you will be retaining the gearbox, i have seen a couple of FJ40's with the following engines B12, B13 and B14 i believe they are all different variants of DCM Toyota .. I have seen B14 performing really well with the original gearbox .. other alternative is SCORPIO engine .. i have'nt driven this but i have heard it pretty good.

If you dont mind please share the pictures of this jeep.

Regards,

Fahad
Old 15th November 2009, 21:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Here is the picture of My Toyota Landcruiser FJ40

My Toyota Landcruiser FJ40-image000.jpg
trammway is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2009, 08:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Anna - more pics plz. This is like a marrymeDOTcom front pose only... More 'pics' needed. Great condition looks like.
TMC - tiruchi or madurai vandi?
---------------
EDIT--------

Want to start new thread in VEHICLES section?

Last edited by svsantosh : 16th November 2009 at 08:41.
Old 16th November 2009, 09:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Anna - more pics plz. This is like a marrymeDOTcom front pose only... More 'pics' needed. Great condition looks like.
TMC - tiruchi or madurai vandi?
---------------
EDIT--------

Want to start new thread in VEHICLES section?

Hey Santhosh I thought you have already married. What are you doing in marrymeDOT.com

Anyway, I posted this picture only because the FJ40 looks clean only in this angle. All other angles gots many rattling rust eaten body. I will start posting my plans and restoration in this same thread after moving it to Vehicles sections.

More details about all the expected wallet damages will be released soon after I do through study of the vehicle.

For now, This is what the data: I could cruise the vehicle above 100kms speed on the highway (drove it from Kachipuram to chennai yesterday), This jeep is equipped with International B275 engine with original Toyota 3speed gearbox (didn't study how are they mated), Front differential housing is present but the crown pinion has been removed and kept safe. Original dash, top with original painting, rear doors, data plates and foot boards are also found. The RC book claims clearly that this is imported vehicle.

If anyone knows the Toyota Part numbers for these items please do let me know also if you can help me finding these I would be grateful to you.

1. Turn signal light assys
2. Tail light assys
3. Door pads, levers and knobs
4. Bonnet top and side clips
5. Steering wheel and column
6. DCM Toyota B14 engine
7. Front axles
8. Front propeller shaft
9. Side view mirror assy
10. Front bumper tow hooks
11. Rubber beadings
12. Floor matts

TMC actually Chennai registration and this one was registered during 1973 and donated to Director, Tamilnadu Health department by WHO(World Health Organisation)

All the papers are current with FC and Green tax upto 2013 and annual tax and insurance are paid regularly.

Mods, please move this thread to Vehicles section with subject change "My Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40"

Last edited by trammway : 16th November 2009 at 09:35.
trammway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2009, 11:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Anyway, I posted this picture only because the FJ40 looks clean only in this angle. All other angles gots many rattling rust eaten body..
Exactly the reason why I meant why the 'front only' (Read - Half body portait in shaadiDOTCom) pose. OkOk, no OT discussions here.

How in the world the B275 go 100+? Was it the gearing? Is it even remotely possible?
Old 16th November 2009, 11:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Exactly the reason why I meant why the 'front only' (Read - Half body portait in shaadiDOTCom) pose. OkOk, no OT discussions here.

How in the world the B275 go 100+? Was it the gearing? Is it even remotely possible?

This is the same question raised in my head... just the time matters. will see if I can get any answer.
Old 16th November 2009, 19:23   #9
BHPian

hi,
congratulation on you possession,i like the FJ40 as well.I just went through your new thread about the FJ,i was just thinking since you would be searching for a new power plant,why dont you hunt for a 2h motor?i have it in my FJ62 and man it has some torque,if you want i can inquire from delhi,i would prefer the 2h over any 4cylinder,but incase you dont get your hands on a 2h motor(which is bolt on your exciting gearbox),i think qualis engine would be the best of the lot to my limited knowledge.

regards

mandeep
Old 16th November 2009, 21:22   #10
BHPian

Siva,
Congrats dude. All the best with restoration!
Old 16th November 2009, 21:24   #11
BANNED

Congrats siva! you got all sorts of vehicles

FJ,Classic,CJ, Tracktor ....ect

All the best for the restorations.Hope you have applied for the Personal loans ;-)
Old 16th November 2009, 22:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
hi,
congratulation on you possession,i like the FJ40 as well.I just went through your new thread about the FJ,i was just thinking since you would be searching for a new power plant,why dont you hunt for a 2h motor?i have it in my FJ62 and man it has some torque,if you want i can inquire from delhi,i would prefer the 2h over any 4cylinder,but incase you dont get your hands on a 2h motor(which is bolt on your exciting gearbox),i think qualis engine would be the best of the lot to my limited knowledge.

regards

mandeep
Hi Mandeep,

That is a great offer. Let me know if you find one 2h engine and the cost. I have not come to any conclusion about the engine part. However most of the guys given a positive feedback about the DCM Toyota's 13A(or B) model engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Siva,
Congrats dude. All the best with restoration!
Thanks dude, you will play a major role in restoring my FJ. I hope you got my point

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Congrats siva! you got all sorts of vehicles

FJ,Classic,CJ, Tracktor ....ect

All the best for the restorations.Hope you have applied for the Personal loans ;-)

Hey, Thanks mate I'm yet to apply a loan

The CJ3B restoration budget now taken FJ shape, however I need really need to work hard to make the FJ and CJ3B to touch the road with full of it's power.
Old 17th November 2009, 00:02   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Santhosh I thought you have already married. What are you doing in marrymeDOT.com

Anyway, I posted this picture only because the FJ40 looks clean only in this angle. All other angles gots many rattling rust eaten body. I will start posting my plans and restoration in this same thread after moving it to Vehicles sections.

More details about all the expected wallet damages will be released soon after I do through study of the vehicle.

For now, This is what the data: I could cruise the vehicle above 100kms speed on the highway (drove it from Kachipuram to chennai yesterday), This jeep is equipped with International B275 engine with original Toyota 3speed gearbox (didn't study how are they mated), Front differential housing is present but the crown pinion has been removed and kept safe. Original dash, top with original painting, rear doors, data plates and foot boards are also found. The RC book claims clearly that this is imported vehicle.

If anyone knows the Toyota Part numbers for these items please do let me know also if you can help me finding these I would be grateful to you.

1. Turn signal light assys
2. Tail light assys
3. Door pads, levers and knobs
4. Bonnet top and side clips
5. Steering wheel and column
6. DCM Toyota B14 engine
7. Front axles
8. Front propeller shaft
9. Side view mirror assy
10. Front bumper tow hooks
11. Rubber beadings
12. Floor matts

TMC actually Chennai registration and this one was registered during 1973 and donated to Director, Tamilnadu Health department by WHO(World Health Organisation)

All the papers are current with FC and Green tax upto 2013 and annual tax and insurance are paid regularly.

Mods, please move this thread to Vehicles section with subject change "My Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40"
Hi Siva,

I know someone who has a lot of stuff for FJ40, im traveling next week i ll try and let you know the what all is available. Let me know your contact number. I have collected a few things of FJ but i am keeping it for myself .. someday ill pick one up

Regards,

Fahad
Old 17th November 2009, 10:53   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepfreak View Post
Hi Siva,

I know someone who has a lot of stuff for FJ40, im traveling next week i ll try and let you know the what all is available. Let me know your contact number. I have collected a few things of FJ but i am keeping it for myself .. someday ill pick one up

Regards,

Fahad

Fahad,

Whatelse can make me so happy. I'm excited and waiting for all the inputs regarding the same.

I have sent you an Private message with my contact number, please keep in touch.
Old 17th November 2009, 11:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

Resting Rust on my FJ40

The resting rust all over the TLC has been recorded and started logging all the todo for my new baby.

Here are the pictures of Rust affected areas and some clearer and detailed information.

My Toyota Landcruiser FJ40-image080.jpg

My Toyota Landcruiser FJ40-image051.jpg

My Toyota Landcruiser FJ40-image050.jpg

My Toyota Landcruiser FJ40-image052.jpg

My Toyota Landcruiser FJ40-image053.jpg

My Toyota Landcruiser FJ40-image054.jpg

My Toyota Landcruiser FJ40-image055.jpg

My Toyota Landcruiser FJ40-image056.jpg

My Toyota Landcruiser FJ40-image057.jpg

My Toyota Landcruiser FJ40-image058.jpg

My Toyota Landcruiser FJ40-image059.jpg

My Toyota Landcruiser FJ40-image060.jpg