Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:05   #61
BHPian

Best of Luck!

Hi Siva,
Looking forward for this restoration project!!
Best of Luck!
Old 2nd August 2010, 19:30   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hi Siva, good luck buddy!!
Did you manage to speak to the guy for the FJ40 manual? Any luck tracing it??
Old 3rd August 2010, 01:00   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Wow!! awesome buy trammway, is this gonna be your next project for restoration. I will glue myself to this thread. I love this machine, a nice pastel blue colour with soft top. Bhoy 'o' Bhoy! awesome feel, all the best sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Hi Siva,
Looking forward for this restoration project!!
Best of Luck!

Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hi Siva, good luck buddy!!
Did you manage to speak to the guy for the FJ40 manual? Any luck tracing it??
Thanks dude, I spoke to the person who has the book, but he is not willing to share the copy of book. But he told me he can give me the exact part numbers of the part that I'm looking for...
Old 3rd August 2010, 01:30   #64
BHPian

Hi Siva,

All the best with your project, i hope the FJ wont go through the destruction test your classic had gone through, had spent a whole day reading your thread from start to end. I know for sure that this is going to be another great thread. Please keep on posting WIP pictures. Now we know that it will run on DCM engine but what are the plans on exterior, what colour and will the Hard top remain or you are going for the soft top.
Old 3rd August 2010, 13:09   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Thanks guys.

Thanks dude, I spoke to the person who has the book, but he is not willing to share the copy of book. But he told me he can give me the exact part numbers of the part that I'm looking for...
Come one buddy. Dont loose heart!
I googled a little and found this link. I assume that if you are willing to get it copied and couriered it to Chennai then why not buy an original. As it is photocopy & courier included would cost you approx between 500-1000 bucks. the manual itself is available for 19.95 U$D.
Here is the link and also Ive attached a part of the manual for your reference.
Cheers and keep jeeping and restoring
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FJ40 309.92055sp.pdf (259.1 KB, 718 views)
Old 3rd August 2010, 13:25   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...I spoke to the person who has the book, but he is not willing to share the copy of book....

Tell that person he will be strapped to the co-driver's seat of a particular petrol jeep and made to ride all the way to bangy...!!!
Old 3rd August 2010, 13:44   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 cruiser View Post
Hi Siva,

All the best with your project, i hope the FJ wont go through the destruction test your classic had gone through, had spent a whole day reading your thread from start to end. I know for sure that this is going to be another great thread. Please keep on posting WIP pictures. Now we know that it will run on DCM engine but what are the plans on exterior, what colour and will the Hard top remain or you are going for the soft top.
Sure, I have decided to paint the FJ40 in this color as shown in the picture below. The TLC FJ40 of mine will turn out to be in this look in the future.

My Toyota Landcruiser FJ40-picture_69255081756.jpg

I will opt to run the FJ40 with hard top as I'm already running short of a family vehicle and FJ40 will serve multi purpose vehicle in my house.

I will try finding a suitable Air-Con for this strong boy, I really need one. Apart from that the other mechanical changes that I'm planned to do are:

1. Replace the differentials and housing with the ones of FJ65 (for good gear ratio for road presence and disc brake introduction to my 1971 FJ40)

2. The original 3speed gearbox will be replaced with 5 speed TLC FJ65's gearbox

3. Rims will be stainless steel FJ65 rims and the rear bumper too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Come one buddy. Dont loose heart!
I googled a little and found this link. I assume that if you are willing to get it copied and couriered it to Chennai then why not buy an original. As it is photocopy & courier included would cost you approx between 500-1000 bucks. the manual itself is available for 19.95 U$D.
Here is the link and also Ive attached a part of the manual for your reference.
Cheers and keep jeeping and restoring
Harjeev, you guessed my mind rightly. This is exactly what I was planning to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post

Tell that person he will be strapped to the co-driver's seat of a particular petrol jeep and made to ride all the way to bangy...!!!
I know how did your friend/cousin felt on that day when you drove the CJ3B from Chennai to Hosur.
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:56   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....how did your friend/cousin felt on that day when you drove the CJ3B from Chennai to Hosur.
He is a fellow TBHPian - n.devdath. Sorry could not do a proper intro that morning, he was so excited about the prospect of a ride on a hurricane, that he agreed for the trip...

All the best for the FJ's rebuild.
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:39   #69
BANNED

HI Siva,

All the best for the FJ Restoration

BTW when are you taking me for a ride in your Classic.Am eagerly waiting for that Sunday
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:44   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Sure, I have decided to paint the FJ40 in this color as shown in the picture below. The TLC FJ40 of mine will turn out to be in this look in the future.

Attachment 398567

I will opt to run the FJ40 with hard top as I'm already running short of a family vehicle and FJ40 will serve multi purpose vehicle in my house.

I will try finding a suitable Air-Con for this strong boy, I really need one. Apart from that the other mechanical changes that I'm planned to do are:

1. Replace the differentials and housing with the ones of FJ65 (for good gear ratio for road presence and disc brake introduction to my 1971 FJ40)

2. The original 3speed gearbox will be replaced with 5 speed TLC FJ65's gearbox

3. Rims will be stainless steel FJ65 rims and the rear bumper too.

Harjeev, you guessed my mind rightly. This is exactly what I was planning to do.

I know how did your friend/cousin felt on that day when you drove the CJ3B from Chennai to Hosur.
Good selection of Color
I am sure it will look cool
Old 4th August 2010, 07:03   #71
Senior - BHPian

Shiva, Thats a very nice two tone and will look good on your FJ, would it be gloss or matte? Regards,
Old 4th August 2010, 09:02   #72
BHPian

Shiva,
This is one thread am going to be hooked onto.
Best of luck for your restoration.

Regards,
Kumar
Old 4th August 2010, 19:52   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
He is a fellow TBHPian - n.devdath. Sorry could not do a proper intro that morning, he was so excited about the prospect of a ride on a hurricane, that he agreed for the trip...

All the best for the FJ's rebuild.
Opps, sorry for not mentioning the name here, I do remember his name

Thankieess

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
HI Siva,

All the best for the FJ Restoration

BTW when are you taking me for a ride in your Classic.Am eagerly waiting for that Sunday
Ah, You got me at the right place. Sorry dude I really forgot my word. Lets plan something in the coming weekends. May be an offroad event ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamir567 View Post
Good selection of Color
I am sure it will look cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Shiva, Thats a very nice two tone and will look good on your FJ, would it be gloss or matte? Regards,
Quote:
Originally Posted by catchkumar View Post
Shiva,
This is one thread am going to be hooked onto.
Best of luck for your restoration.

Regards,
Kumar
Thanks to all of you for the best wishes. I will opt to paint glossy look with DuPond or 2K paints brands.

Once again the engine mount is the first in the restoration line and I'm buying a FJ65 to donate parts for my FJ40.

So if anyone looking for FJ65 parts, please send me an IM with your contact so I can share those parts which I don't need for my FJ40.
Old 4th August 2010, 22:17   #74
BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to the person who has the book, but he is not willing to share the copy of book. But he told me he can give me the exact part numbers of the part that I'm looking for...
He is ready to share the information atleast.. this book you will find nowhere and he has kept that book in very good condition even after selling his FJ40.. I knw what this book means to him.. He is someone who actually asked me let the bhpians knw about the book to help you guys..
best of luck for your project and you are always welcome for any help..

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th August 2010 at 17:19. Reason: anywhere = nowhere. As per request
Old 5th August 2010, 00:02   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy1313 View Post
He is ready to share the information atleast.. this book you will find nowhere and he has kept that book in very good condition even after selling his FJ40.. I knw what this book means to him.. He is someone who actually asked me let the bhpians knw about the book to help you guys..
best of luck for your project and you are always welcome for any help..
Hi Jassy,

Thats exactly what I have told here, He did say what you have mentioned. It is only my bad luck I couldn't obtain a copy of the book :-)

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th August 2010 at 17:20. Reason: Post in quote edited on OPs request

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks