Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2013, 15:20   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: MPFI Gypsy King bought from Mayapuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpant05 View Post
Engine rebuilt :-) . The gypsy is still at the workshop as getting a few minor issues ironed out. Took a test ride today and I must I say the character of Gypsy has changed. It feels much more light, swift and agile. Very amused I am, the extra 15 horses have done wonders..
The work being done till now includes the following
1. Complete engine rebuild including new wiring.
2. New lock set.
3. Changed all the door and window biddings.
4. New tail lights and fender lights. New wiring has different couplers and didn't want to cut the brand new wiring.
5. Rear Kamanis.

I am planning to have a bolt on hard cabin similar to a rally cabin but am not sure if such an arrangement can be made. Guys, Pls advice.
You had your 99 Carb engine rebuilt? Do you mind sharing the cost and the works done? How is it performing as of now? I am looking at a 98 Carb gypsy king but it needs complete engine work, hence the question.
Old 13th March 2013, 19:11   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
You had your 99 Carb engine rebuilt? Do you mind sharing the cost and the works done? How is it performing as of now? I am looking at a 98 Carb gypsy king but it needs complete engine work, hence the question.
Yeah, and the vehicle has done just 1100 kms till now. But the engine is doing well and responded well when I took it out on a road trip with full load.
The cost came just under 99k.

The work being done includes the following
1. Complete engine rebuild including new wiring.
2. New lock set.
3. Changed all the door and window biddings.
4. New tail lights and fender lights. New wiring has different couplers and didn't want to cut the brand new wiring.
5. Rear Kamanis.
6. Gear Box overhaul
7. Relay to directly connect the Fog lamps to the battery

I had initially planned to install CFLs as well, but after running the gypsy in loaded condition, I don't feel the need for the same. May be I will go for gas dampers..
The next thing I am going to do is to service the differencials. Don't see any issue as such, just want to be on the safer side..

Do share the details of your rebuild..
MAP
Old 1st December 2013, 14:18   #138
BHPian

A journey which started 3.5 years ago, ended today. Sold the Gypsy to Nitin Rai (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/nitin.rai.html)

I have sold 2 of my cars in last week, and 4 in recent past but none hurt as much as this one :(
Old 1st December 2013, 20:46   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
A journey which started 3.5 years ago, ended today. Sold the Gypsy to Nitin Rai (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/nitin.rai.html)

I have sold 2 of my cars in last week, and 4 in recent past but none hurt as much as this one :(
Oh damn. If we could have managed our Spiti run earlier in the year that would have been a fine note to sign off on. Gypsies are not easy vehicles to own, especially as a second vehicle. I live with that every day.

Hopefully, she's in good hands.
Old 2nd December 2013, 13:08   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by codelust View Post
Oh damn. If we could have managed our Spiti run earlier in the year that would have been a fine note to sign off on. Gypsies are not easy vehicles to own, especially as a second vehicle. I live with that every day. Hopefully, she's in good hands.
Codelust - Nitin Tomer is most welcome to join in his ex-car for Spiti. Believe she is in good hands but time will tell.

BTW, from 155 subscribed threads I am down to 16 now and plan to keep only 4x4 related threads on for some time. That was the first action after picking her up.

Last edited by nitin.rai : 2nd December 2013 at 13:10.
nitin.rai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 14:20   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
Codelust - Nitin Tomer is most welcome to join in his ex-car for Spiti. Believe she is in good hands but time will tell.

BTW, from 155 subscribed threads I am down to 16 now and plan to keep only 4x4 related threads on for some time. That was the first action after picking her up.
Congrats, buddy. She changed hands from one Nitin to another!

Spiti and Zanskar remains unfinished items on my agenda, will finish at least one of them in 2014. If the dates sync up, you guys are welcome to join up.

I'm mostly in the 4x4 section, but things have slowed down a lot there.
codelust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 20:51   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by codelust View Post
Congrats, buddy. She changed hands from one Nitin to another!

Spiti and Zanskar remains unfinished items on my agenda, will finish at least one of them in 2014. If the dates sync up, you guys are welcome to join up.

I'm mostly in the 4x4 section, but things have slowed down a lot there.
I'll join you most probably, in KT's Gypsy
Old 2nd December 2013, 22:52   #143
BHPian

I am going to be cycling Leh to Manali or Leh to Narkanda (depending upon leaves 2-3 weeks) next year.
Starting mid-first week of July. 30/6 will be H1 end for I.

Feel free to join!
Old 3rd December 2013, 11:32   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
I am going to be cycling Leh to Manali or Leh to Narkanda (depending upon leaves 2-3 weeks) next year.
Starting mid-first week of July. 30/6 will be H1 end for I.

Feel free to join!
Cycling on those roads would be too ambitious for me :( But might bump you on the road somewhere ;-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks