Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2010, 23:43   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Parm looks like its almost 6 months,welcome back
thanx Josh, its 3 months to be exact but looks like eternity! it took ages to pass those months!

glad to see rising interest in THAR and active participation by MM staff who are associated with the Mr. Santa Clause himself in building the THAR for early xmas this year (fingers crossed).
Old 29th July 2010, 08:42   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
OK. You are talking of the lower arm/ wishbone, not the torsion bar. But removal of the bump stops stresses the torsion bar (and will cause failure there), not the lower arm.
Sutripta, we have broken a few lower arms/torsion bars .

Spike

OT- I think we are deviating from the thread, we will discuss this elsewhere.
Old 29th July 2010, 10:25   #228
Senior - BHPian

OT , sorry !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
...This is equivalent to a cantilever system with one point fixed and the other under load/moving. Here, the wheel end moves up and down whereas the chassis end is anchored by a hex bolt (M12x1.25) and a guide. ...
I am not sure this is a cantilever action at all. Your post below makes me visualise the pivoted end of the control arm to be fixed to the chassis again : only rotation along the pivot axis would be possible (the up and down movement of the wheel). I have not seen the underside of the Mahindra IFS up-close, but have had a look at that of an Amby, guess the basics should be same.

Quote:
...The free end (wheels) actually traverse an arc the center of which lies at the pivot end of the control arms...

Quote:
...In suspension design, do we treat the lower arm as a rigid member, or as a spring? ...
I guess it would be treated as a rigid member, it would just pivot around, no visible, physical, spring-like deformation.

SPIKE ARRESTOR, can u pls confirm ?
Old 29th July 2010, 19:55   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OT- I think we are deviating from the thread, we will discuss this elsewhere.
OK!

I've an idea for the "elsewhere". Why don't you bring the Thar (and W201 and mini Xylo and Xylo 4x4 and ....) to Eastern or North Eastern India, and we'll discuss it face to face. Serious.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 29th July 2010, 20:54   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OK!

I've an idea for the "elsewhere". Why don't you bring the Thar (and W201 and mini Xylo and Xylo 4x4 and ....) to Eastern or North Eastern India, and we'll discuss it face to face. Serious.

Regards
Sutripta
Dada ki hochie. take it easy my friend, lets not get personal on this matter. just enjoy the thread and share your thoughts and ideas.

xylo 4x4 is good enough for on road drive and its not as 4WD as you would like it to be!
Old 29th July 2010, 21:26   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Dada ki hochie. take it easy my friend, lets not get personal on this matter. just enjoy the thread and share your thoughts and ideas.
Parm, chill man.

Prateesh and I are both OK. Am pretty sure Prateesh knows what to read in my post.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 29th July 2010, 22:12   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Parm, chill man.

Prateesh and I are both OK. Am pretty sure Prateesh knows what to read in my post.

Regards
Sutripta
glad to hear that dada. hey do take photos and post them as and when you try out the vehicles.
Old 29th July 2010, 22:24   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OK!

Hmm let us see. Not sure about the W201/Xylo though (I'm surprised you guys even know the project codes)
Quote:
OT- Exactly, if there is anyone whose posts (nature and quality in terms of scientific viewpoints) keep me glued, it has to be Sutripta.

Spike
Old 30th July 2010, 11:28   #234
BHPian

I know this is a bit OT - but Xylo 4x4..??? Why do want to do that? Xylo has bad approach and departure angles... and no space for bigger wheels??
In my books it will be a no-no
Old 30th July 2010, 15:50   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Card View Post
I know this is a bit OT - but Xylo 4x4..??? Why do want to do that? Xylo has bad approach and departure angles... and no space for bigger wheels??
thanks a lot for those comments on the Xylo 4x4 (i dont understand why 4x4 xylo was introduced in the first place)!
Old 30th July 2010, 16:02   #236
BHPian

If M&M is thinking about adding a 4X$ option onto the Xylo then it must mean that they fear / expect Aria pricing overlapping theirs.
Old 30th July 2010, 17:35   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...but Xylo 4x4..??? Why do want to do that? ...
Not selectable 4WD, but if launched with a permanent 4WD with locakable center diff....now that would be interesting. It would help in better on-road control, in bad-weather conditions. Definitely no serious off-roading with the Xylo.
Old 30th July 2010, 18:30   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
thanks a lot for those comments on the Xylo 4x4 (i dont understand why 4x4 xylo was introduced in the first place)!
If the Xylo 4x4 is sold to Europe where there is a lot of snow and traction is a big problem during winter, the Xylo 4x4 might work - but on the other hand, you require a full time 4x4 and not a part time 4x4. If you want a Mahindra 4x4 SUV - Buy a Scorpio.

Back to the Thar.... I have entred a nationa 4x4 event, taking place 14th Aug... Will keep you guys posted!!
Old 30th July 2010, 20:11   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OT- Exactly, if there is anyone whose posts (nature and quality in terms of scientific viewpoints) keep me glued, it has to be Sutripta.
Spike
WOW. Thanks.
Should we form a MBSS (Mutual Back Scratching Society)

Quote:
Why the Xylo? Because like Everest, it's there.
Actually, I think it has more to do with ticking all the right boxes to participate in government tenders. For bureaucrats who are entitled only to a 4x4, but with the Scorpio/ Safari being above their pay grade.

Incidentally, all the vehicles I mentioned are in various stages of R&D.

Regards
Sutripta

Last edited by Sutripta : 30th July 2010 at 20:14.
Old 31st July 2010, 00:58   #240
Senior - BHPian

Well seriously this thread is going on and on and i am waiting for the THAR!! I see this thread twice a day and now am frustrated!!

This vehicle better be priced right and come in a hard top version. Else all the talk and discussion will go for a toss.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks