Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2011, 15:39   #76
BHPian

Re: Finally I have my JONGA

Guys I have been slow with the Jonga restoration as I have been trying to complete two MM550XDs at the same time. There is lots to share, but am not able to organize myself well enough to get a thread started.

But I promise I will do so as soon as I can.

Regards

Jaskirat
Old 21st June 2011, 19:11   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskirat View Post
But I promise I will do so as soon as I can.
Hi Buddy - when will the promise be kept?? We are waiting!!! Also post the treads on the 550's also.
Old 9th March 2012, 11:57   #78
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Finally after a very long time, I have been able to bring the Jonga to a point where I can share the pictures with you.

After completely overhauling and refurbishing the Jonga, I sold it to its new owner Mr. Sahib Singh Cheema. Mr. Cheema himself is a great enthusiast and wanted to retain the original specs of the Nissan Patrol G60 aka Jonga. This one is called Sarbloh P40. The decals are yet to be installed.

I hope you like the way the vehicle has shaped up. Some of the changes that I have made to the Jonga are:

a) Installed a Carter Double Barrel Carburetor in place of the Solex Single Barrel;
b) Installed Brake Booster with twin circuit master cylinder;
c) Replaced the suspension bushes with Noryl bushes;
d) Modified the rear seats to fold back like those in Innova;
e) The paint has matt finish
f) Fabricated new electrical harness;
g) The tyres are Cooper Discoverer STT 235/85/16;
h) Fabricated a full body internal roll bar;
i) New footrest;

And quite a few other modifications. The front bull bar will undergo some modifications.

Hope you guys like it. I will post some pictures of the engine separately.

Regards

Jaskirat Singh Nagra
Attached Thumbnails
Finally I have my JONGA-sahibs-jonga-049.jpg  

Finally I have my JONGA-sahibs-jonga-071.jpg  

Finally I have my JONGA-sahibs-jonga-070.jpg  

Finally I have my JONGA-sahibs-jonga-058.jpg  

Finally I have my JONGA-sahibs-jonga-067.jpg  

Finally I have my JONGA-sahibs-jonga-046.jpg  

Finally I have my JONGA-sahibs-jonga-050.jpg  

Finally I have my JONGA-sahibs-jonga-051.jpg  

Finally I have my JONGA-sahibs-jonga-054.jpg  

Finally I have my JONGA-sahibs-jonga-048.jpg  

Jaskirat is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 9th March 2012, 12:07   #79
BHPian

Hi Jaskirat,
You got a awesome machine.
You have done a neat restoration.
Awaiting offloading experience.
Raosaheb Desai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2012, 18:14   #80
BHPian

Thanks Raosaheb. It has been a tough journey restoring the Jonga, considering the problem with spares. But in the end, it all seems worth it.

As for off-roading, I am waiting to Sahib (the new owner) to return from UK, after which we will take the vehicle out for some off-road driving.

Regards

Jaskirat Singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
Hi Jaskirat,
You got a awesome machine.
You have done a neat restoration.
Awaiting offloading experience.
Old 9th March 2012, 22:45   #81
BHPian

hi jaskirat . thats a nice restoration done. like the colour . wanted to know where you got the tires Cooper Discoverer STT 235/85/16 from . are they available anywhere in chandigarh . and whats their price. i am based in patiala and on lookout for tires for my ngcs 550
Old 9th March 2012, 22:54   #82
Senior - BHPian

From what it was, it has come beautifully well. But why this color, a desert color (Humvee) would have been great.

THanks for sharing
Old 9th March 2012, 23:10   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsan View Post
hi jaskirat . thats a nice restoration done. like the colour . wanted to know where you got the tires Cooper Discoverer STT 235/85/16 from . are they available anywhere in chandigarh . and whats their price. i am based in patiala and on lookout for tires for my ngcs 550
Thanks Jeepsan. I got the tyres from Bangalore. They cost me around Rs. 12K each, but that was early last year. They are an ideal fit for 550, but very difficult to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
From what it was, it has come beautifully well. But why this color, a desert color (Humvee) would have been great.

THanks for sharing
Yes SirAlec, the Jonga has come a long way. Restoration has been quite an experience and quite a journey. The color was chosen by my client, who was specific that he wanted matt finish olive green.

Regards
Old 9th March 2012, 23:39   #84
Senior - BHPian

@Jaskirat: Congrats on the restoration. The exterior has come out beautifully. The interior looks spartan compared to the exterior. If its given a lining around the firewall area it will look good and also some sound deadening will help, I guess and throw in a good quality carpet and suitable mats will go a long way in sprucing up the interior. I agree its a 4X4 and a rugged one at that, but a little comfort won't hurt.
Old 10th March 2012, 10:48   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
@Jaskirat: Congrats on the restoration. The exterior has come out beautifully. The interior looks spartan compared to the exterior. If its given a lining around the firewall area it will look good and also some sound deadening will help, I guess and throw in a good quality carpet and suitable mats will go a long way in sprucing up the interior. I agree its a 4X4 and a rugged one at that, but a little comfort won't hurt.
Hi Durango, I agree the Jonga has a very spartan interior. That is the way these came in the 60's (minus the bucket seats though). I personally dont like carpets in 4x4. They get wet, start smelling and generally look out of place.

I have a thermal and acoustic lining on the firewall on the engine side. The floor on this Jonga has aluminum chequered plate.

Regards
Jaskirat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2012, 13:19   #86
BHPian

Hi Buddy,

This one a very well done and neatly restored Jonga , Congrats for taking such pain in restoring the beauty back to shape. One small suggestion from me would be to add a 48" Hi-Lift Jack at the back which will give good look to the rear view and you know more than me about its advantage both On & Off the Road, Please forgive me for such a bad Photoshop work.

P.S-A Jerry can will also be another good choice to improve the rear view.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally I have my JONGA-sahibs-jonga-058.jpg  

Last edited by crazyjeeperk : 10th March 2012 at 13:38.
Old 12th March 2012, 14:13   #87
BHPian

Hi buddy

What a fabulous looking final product just loved it.
Old 12th March 2012, 15:12   #88
BHPian

Awesome restoration work Mate!!! The bumpers are fabricated right? Some how it doesnt seem to match this beauty.. Good choice of the tires, really matches the beast.

I would agree with Sir Alec on the color. My say is that a different color would have given a very different outlook to this restoration.

All said and done, I can just see and gauge a quarter of the pain that you would have undergone to get this one up and running. Hats off to you sirji.
Old 13th March 2012, 12:40   #89
BHPian

Hi Jaskirat,

The Jonga has come out really well!! Great Job at restoring it. You better ask the new owner to stack up on spares as they are hard to find.

Cheers..
Old 13th March 2012, 20:38   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post
Hi Jaskirat,

The Jonga has come out really well!! Great Job at restoring it. You better ask the new owner to stack up on spares as they are hard to find.

Cheers..
Thanks R32_GTR. I shall definitely pass on your advise to Sahib (the new owner).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinn View Post
Awesome restoration work Mate!!! The bumpers are fabricated right? Some how it doesnt seem to match this beauty.. Good choice of the tires, really matches the beast.

I would agree with Sir Alec on the color. My say is that a different color would have given a very different outlook to this restoration.

All said and done, I can just see and gauge a quarter of the pain that you would have undergone to get this one up and running. Hats off to you sirji.
Hi Twinn, I must compliment you for your observation. The bumper is fabricated and needs to be redesigned. I am working on some changes and will share these soon. The tyres were a very difficult find, but worth the effort.

Color being a subjective matter, I decided to go with the new owner's choice.

Thanks for your kind words Twinn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggercool View Post
Hi buddy

What a fabulous looking final product just loved it.
Thanks triggercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post
Hi Buddy,

This one a very well done and neatly restored Jonga , Congrats for taking such pain in restoring the beauty back to shape. One small suggestion from me would be to add a 48" Hi-Lift Jack at the back which will give good look to the rear view and you know more than me about its advantage both On & Off the Road, Please forgive me for such a bad Photoshop work.

P.S-A Jerry can will also be another good choice to improve the rear view.
Hi crazyjeeperk, I have noted your suggestion regarding the Hi-Lift Jack and the Jerry can. Will discuss these with Sahib (the new owner) and lets see what he has to say.

Cheers Mate

Most Viewed