Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2023, 23:54   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?

Happy Birthday Team - BHP, a wonderful, informative, educative and entertaining forum on cars and many other things that move. From aircrafts to submarines.

I congratulate GTO and other members who run this forum for the comprehensive and quality discussions here. Best wishes and look forward to continuing journey with T-BHP.
Old 15th February 2023, 00:16   #77
BHPian

Happy Birthday Team-BHP !!

I feel lucky to share my birthday with the forum !!

I took me 12 years of reading the forum to be finally a BHPian (SWAG).
It's a knowledge hub of anything & everything and at some point better results then even Google [ Mr. Pichai I hope you are also reading this ]

My best wishes to GTO , MODs and other members for enriching the forum with their expertise.

Keep Revving.
Motorhead23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 00:47   #78
BHPian

Wishing TeamBHP a very happy 19th birthday! Cannot believe it has been 19 years since this forum came into existence. Although I joined less than 2 years ago, I have been an avid fan and follower for much more than that. The sheer amount of information on offer in the form of opinions from various members here is what sets TeamBHP apart from the rest. Due credits to the moderation team as well for ensuring that a certain standard has been maintained throughout the forum's existence.

However, this might be down to individual opinion, but I have noticed a rather sharp decline in forum quality over the past 2-3 years. There is no doubt that TeamBHP possesses a collective knowledge database in terms of all things on wheels, that is simply unmatched. But, I have noticed that the quality of some posts is really nothing to write home about. 6-7 out of 10 posts on most threads repeat the same opinion phrased in a different manner. Additionally, the technical prowess portrayed by some in their posts is either dangerously wrong or not backed by any facts. Additionally, the ownership reports which were once an extremely reliable and detailed source of information for prospetive buyers, have now lost their sheen. Most only focus on the buying experience and the initial observations, but fail to shed light on the relevant long term ownership experience. Official reviews have also become less detailed of late. I have also noticed an exponential increase in the number of threads on the homepage that belong to the "shifting gears" section. With all due respect, I believe this is a car forum and though I am not against these threads, I beleive the core focus of a forum like this should be on cars & bikes chiefly.

All said and done however, teamBHP still remains my go-to place for all things related to automobiles. I only hope this forum grows further for the collective good of the Indian automobile industry and more importantly, the Indian consumer.
sodapop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 01:54   #79
BHPian

Happy 19th Birthday to T-BHP.

Ever since I joined this amazing forum, my driving skills have become completely dignified to a 'T'. I have definitely become a disciplined driver from what I was to what I'm today.

My favorite is the 'Accidents in India' and 'Road Rage' forum. As both these forums show me a scene outside my windows of the various ways 'by which you can go or make others go'.

Also I'm greatly impressed by the member composition of this forum. I believe this is one stop shop where we can read reviews of cars, planes and ships. I don't think we can get this experience elsewhere!

Last edited by gabrielthomas : 15th February 2023 at 01:56.
Old 15th February 2023, 04:48   #80
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Happy birthday TeamBhp. I was introduced to this forum by my late uncle @trrk.I have learnt a lot here and all my vehicle purchases are done based on what I infer from here. I have never regretted any decision as yet! Long live!! I have also realized that this forum goes beyond automobiles too!!
rajeevsulu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 07:20   #81
BHPian

Happy 19th Birthday, TeamBHP!

I have been following TeamBHP for a decade, though I applied to become a member only a couple of years ago. I think the wealth of knowledge that gets shared by people from diverse backgrounds makes the forum a rich place to be in.

This forum has made me a much better driver over the last few years, because I somehow feel the pressure to be sane and alert on the roads due to wearing the TeamBHP sticker on my car. I would not want to act like a prick and kind of bring shame to the forum, so to speak. I also gain a lot of insights from people talking about their experiences with traffic, with their cars and even with incidents they've been involved in, making me learn vicariously.

One thing I've noted here is that it is perfectly alright to express your opinion as long as you are civil. Like, it's alright for the official reviews to say that 'The stock tyres provided by Hyundai in this car are rubbish, it is advisable to change immediately', as they're not really insulting Hyundai or their customers, just directly addressing the issue at hand. I like that and hope this vein of honesty and transparency continues and is not suppressed in the future by pressure from any manufacturer.

Please continue to be as open as possible and don't become non-confrontational or politically correct now, just because some company wants to manage their image. We consumers deserve and need this honesty.
Small Bot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 09:00   #82
BHPian

Best birthday wises Team-bhp and congratulations to all the people behind this for the great effort. Though I have been a member for couple of years, but been an avid follower for many years simply because of the quality of the information that is present. Great going.
Old 15th February 2023, 10:22   #83

Became member of team bhp last year only but was following it for last more than 14 years. I am member of many forums and groups but no where i have found so much in depth analysis and practical advice about the vehicles. Team bhp has greatly influenced my choice of cars as well as bike. Thanks to team bhp that i am treated as a sort of expert in my group of friends and family and much sought after whenever any new vehicle is to be purchased. Tips about driving, maintaining vehicle etc have proven to be very useful. Thanks for everything and keep on doing great work.
Old 15th February 2023, 10:41   #84
Senior - BHPian

Happy Nineteenth to All!! The forum sure has come of age, and remains vibrant, resilient and relevant. No wonder it has a silent but clearly perceptible influence on the Indian automobile ecosystem. Big shout to the Mods for their perseverence and efforts. May the tribe increase!
Old 15th February 2023, 10:45   #85
BHPian

Belated Birthday wishes to Team-BHP!

This forum has helped me become a discerning and an informed consumer of the auto industry.

Practically, the forum has helped reinforce positive on-road manners, get below-the-surface insights on many things under the sun and connect with like-minded fellow BHPians. Thank you Team-BHP!
Old 15th February 2023, 11:03   #86
BHPian

Wishing Team-BHP a happy birthday!

I think the ways in which team-bhp has helped me are too many to list.

But in general, there has been an immense sense of positivity and gratitude towards life now.

I believe this video sums up quite nicely what Team-BHP does for me:
(I was/am the snobbish Jack Nicolson in this video, and Team-BHP has been Helen Hunt)

nishsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 11:12   #87
BHPian

Happy 19th Birthday Team-BHP and to all its amazing members ! May the tribe grow

I am on Team-BHP for minimum 30 mins every single day, sometimes even longer.

Have learnt a lot with brilliant contributions from the members; bought a Ford Ecosport & BMW after going through posts & ownership reviews.

Invested in a Ross Tech VCDS and did many mods on our VW Polo and Passat, shared my DIY on the forum, which was helpful to other members. Also helped carry out mods on some members VW cars.

Thanks GTO and the Mod team who always do an incredible job of maintaining this forum. Much love & appreciation
Old 15th February 2023, 11:36   #88
BHPian

Wishing TBHP a Very Happy 19th Birthday ! Although I have been a avid follower of the forum since its toddler years but have recently joined hands in 2021. Other than the ready to go knowledge on cars, bikes, current trends and travel destinations what I have cherished since joining the forum is the beautiful friendship that has formed among the members. We at Kolkata keep meeting over breakfast or lunch or dinner, we plan for rides, picnic during winter or even meet just to have a cup of tea together ! These friends or members all come from different professions and age (22 yrs to 50 yrs) groups but all are connected by the same love of car, bike, travel and love of being a TBHP member. In these days of social media and digital world TBHP has given me that opportunity of finding real people to spend quality time with.
Old 15th February 2023, 12:28   #89
BHPian

Happy 19th birthday to my most favourite forum/ website!

There has not been a day ithat I haven't started my day without browsing this site! This has become a sort of addiction with no negative effects!

I have gained a lot from this site and this has led us to buy all the vehicles we currently have - Honda BRV, Kia Seltos DCT & Jeep Meridian - enjoying our journey thoroughly in all these!

In addition to this, this site has also helped in purchasing household items such as vacuum cleaner, planning our routes for road trips, improving fitness and health - overall the best repository for everything we need currently!

Thank you to all the owners and moderators for coming up and managing such a wonderful site & wishing to continue being a happy member here!
Old 15th February 2023, 12:33   #90
BHPian

Happy 19th Birthday Team BHP.

It has only been a love-love relationship all along.Sam Kapasi's articles got us hooked initially and it became a go to site for all our travel plans be it the best roads to take or the best hotels to stay. In fact no trip plan ever started without going through a team bhp blog about it even International ones.

HV kumar's knowledge about every road in India was awe inspiring. Bhp became the go to knowledge treasure trove about which cars to choose and where to head if your car faces issues thanks to it so many hundreds of automobile enthusiasts.

The day I got accepted as a member was so thrilling as it gave me a chance to give back a bit to the forum what it had given to me over the years.

The thrill of seeing a fellow bhpian identified now by the famous sticker or T shirt anywhere is simply inexplicable.

The speed at which your posts get read, approved and appreciated even when you finally get around to write and post it late at night never ceases to amaze me.

To many many more happy years together Team BHP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks