Not recommended 6 18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2012, 10:42   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment @ Sai Colorium

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Body work is their specialty and mainstay.
Absolutely, and I have recommended many folks on and off the forum to them.
My effort has been to be objective in recounting my experience on my jobs carried out by them :-) Infact, due to an idiot indica cab driver running into my rear right bumper when I stopped (relatively gently from 30-40kmph) when car infront of me stopped, I had again the chance to sample their work and am quite happy with the result. Probably, will post some photos and summary later...

Last edited by lancer_rit : 4th January 2012 at 10:45.
Old 11th February 2012, 19:39   #62
BHPian

Re: Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium

Gave my Getz for a bumper job to Sai Colorium. A nasty dent on the RHS of the bumper.

Hyundai said they cannot fix it because it is fibre plastic and would need to be wholly replaced. They quoted 6800/- for a new silver body colored bumper

Will get my car on Monday. Keeping hopes bright that it would be done in a very good way considering so many happy customers here on TBHP.

Will post the pics once the car is back.
Old 16th February 2012, 07:53   #63
BHPian

Hi guys,

The Getz is back and boy, am I pleased with the job done on it. Painting has been spot on and finish is like showroom. The people at Sai Colorium washed the car as well because it was dirty inspite of me not telling them to do so. Well done Sai Colorium and highly recommended for body work.

They have a body detailing package for 1500 bucks for the exteriors. Has anyone tried it out here?

Pics of the Getz before and after the job.
Attached Thumbnails
Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-20112011001.jpg  

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-20112011.jpg  

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-photo0024.jpg  

Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-photo0019-1296-x-972.jpg  

Old 16th February 2012, 11:21   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
They have a body detailing package for 1500 bucks for the exteriors. Has anyone tried it out here?
I have got the detailing package done and they are good at it.
Old 27th February 2012, 08:15   #65
BHPian

I have a question. How do these body shop owners get a hand of the exact match of paint for cars from all brands? So, does that mean the paint is available to purchase from the company itself?
Old 27th February 2012, 08:33   #66
Senior - BHPian

Hey mempheS.D if you have not yet observed, there will be a label on either of the front door frames of all cars which will have the information of the Paint Color/Code.

Most of these colors are readily available in the market and all that the body care guy has to do is source one. Generally colors such as White, Black & Silver are pretty much similar and easily available.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 27th February 2012 at 08:35.
Old 27th February 2012, 08:34   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
I have a question. How do these body shop owners get a hand of the exact match of paint for cars from all brands?
Don't know about other workshops but Sai has superb colour matching setup.
Quote:
So, does that mean the paint is available to purchase from the company itself?
When you say company, do you mean the auto manufacturer or the paint company? Paints are available in the market normally but what is critical is to match the shade on a specific car. And yes, Sai does it extremely well.
Old 27th February 2012, 18:55   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey mempheS.D if you have not yet observed, there will be a label on either of the front door frames of all cars which will have the information of the Paint Color/Code.
Woh! I didn't know this. Thanks Vik. I'm gonna check this out today itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Don't know about other workshops but Sai has superb colour matching setup.
When you say company, do you mean the auto manufacturer or the paint company? Paints are available in the market normally but what is critical is to match the shade on a specific car. And yes, Sai does it extremely well.
Rudra Sir, I was referring to the auto-manufacturer. So, I have a CANDY WHITE from Skoda. Does that mean that a CANDY WHITE sold by any car paint company will be ditto as the one painted by Skoda? And now that I have a buy-in from you , I definitely know where I'm going to fix a minor dent/scratch. I'm not even going to try and fetch a quote from TAFE on this. .

Thank you both.!
Old 27th February 2012, 22:11   #69
BHPian

Every paint shade from the manufacturer of the vehicle has a unique code,for that particular vehicle & the year of manufacture. Sometimes the same shade can change in a particular year.

This helps to match the paint codes from leading paint manufacturers in the refinishing industry. (Sikkens. PPG, Dupont etc)

(There could be a difference in the shade of white from different manufacturers)

Sai is one of the best body shops ive come across in Blore, their quality is top notch Great service by Ananth, Bharath & Khan.

Last edited by nirmaljusdoit : 27th February 2012 at 22:12.
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2012, 11:26   #70
BHPian

Does anyone have the new contact number for SAI? The number on pg 1 doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Thanks.

Are they open on sundays? I hope they are.
Old 11th March 2012, 12:31   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's the number of the proprietor Anant- 9538452724, and his younger brother Bharath - 9986045726.

Let me have the updated landline contact number once you speak to them, and I will update my first post.
theMAG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 21:58   #72
BHPian

I've been trying to post here for a very long time, but have been unable to do so. Contradictory to the opinions here my experience with them was bad. I would not recommend them to anybody. I had given my dad's Jazz there for full tinkering & painting, but they hadn't touched the roof of the car at all. While they were scrubbing near the rear windshield, they didn't cover the windshield properly & it got scratched due to their negligence. I spoke to the manager there & he asked me to bring it to them after a month & they'll claim insurance for the windshield & replace it. When I showed him the roof he tells me there was no need to do it, so they didn't do it. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody at all.

CHEERS,
G D
Old 24th April 2012, 11:08   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Crv had a slight mishap in ooty, the front right fender and the front bumpers needed attention. This time we did not even go to Honda and last week i drove the car to Sai. It was the day after Shivratri and workmen were just walking in, so was asked to wait. Fortunately Ananth (owner) walked in and remembered me.

Work list:

- Remove dent and repaint front RH fender
- Remove, refix and repaint front bumper
- Refix the plastic sump guard
- Smoke the rear bumper RH corner (it had some minor scratches)
- Full body waxing
- Underbody service

Car was promised after 2 days (initially it was 1 day but then list grew bigger after my dictation). Got a call from Sai at the promised time. I was tied up so requested for a delivery on Sunday. Though it was a holiday they confirmed i can pick up the vehicle and pay up.

Walked in and saw the vehicle parked in a separate shed area where the modifications happen, away from the dust and grime of body preparation. Car was gleaming and the job done was EXCELLENT. Couldn't even make out that their was any work done, it was factory finish and perfect. Asked for the bill and i was surprised again 5900 Rs. They had even fixed the bumper stay without my asking (noticed this later).

If i had taken this job to Honda they would have given me atleast 15k labor bill and insisted on replacing front fender and bumper which would have taken the tab to 30k.

Really happy with the good job these guys have done. I give them 10/10 for this job
jaggu,

i was going through various posts of Sai, since i need to take my car their. Nothing serious as such, just minor scratches on the front bumper.

But reading through then posts, i see that none of the guys and you are spaeking about claiming insurance though. By any standards, 5900 Rs is lot of money to be spent out of the pocket when we renew the insurance paying a lot every year. why not spend the insurance ?

for example, i spent about about 24k for my car for 100% insurance cover. Does it make sense for me to spend out of the pocket when i have a good cover for my car.

i am missing something here, i feel.
Old 24th April 2012, 11:33   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
for example, i spent about about 24k for my car for 100% insurance cover. Does it make sense for me to spend out of the pocket when i have a good cover for my car.

i am missing something here, i feel.
Check how much no claim you would use next year if you claim, also add the cost increase in case of claims. Then you can decide if you want to claim or not.
Old 24th April 2012, 12:19   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Check how much no claim you would use next year if you claim, also add the cost increase in case of claims. Then you can decide if you want to claim or not.
But if the scratches are all over the place, would the insurance company approve the claim? Doesn't that need to be factored into the decision?

I'm in the same dilemma right now, I have quite a few small scratches to take care of.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks