Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2021, 15:09   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!

After yesterday's first ever half marathon, my knee, ankle, thigh started paining overnight. So it was necessary to stretch and relax them. So me and my friend decided to do a leisurely ride today. Did a 34km relaxed ride Nigdi-Dehuroad-Somatne Phata-Shirgaon-Darumbre-Sangawde-Kiwale-Ravet-Nigdi. Sharing some pics below (Courtesy my friend'd mobile camera).

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-route-map-shirgaondarumbre-ride-20210926-8.34.14-am.jpeg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-whatsapp-image-20210926-2.29.38-pm.jpeg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-whatsapp-image-20210926-2.29.44-pm.jpeg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-whatsapp-image-20210926-2.29.45-pm-2.jpeg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-whatsapp-image-20210926-8.35.10-am-1.jpeg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-whatsapp-image-20210926-8.35.10-am-2.jpeg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-whatsapp-image-20210926-8.35.10-am-3.jpeg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-whatsapp-image-20210926-8.35.10-am.jpeg

Last edited by AutoIndian : 26th September 2021 at 15:10.
AutoIndian is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 14:59   #317
Senior - BHPian

Some bhangra pedal rap to spice up the start of the week!

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 15:30   #318
Senior - BHPian

Took second dose of vaccine and have been out of commission for 2 days now. No rides. But while going thru Strava I found a guy's profile (it was actually a ref from IG) who has done 93,xxx kms since Sept 2019, 50k out of that coming from just 2021. With 3 months remaining in '21 I guess finally the tally will close on to 70k~.

That is an astonishing 185km/day every day without a single miss come hell or high water.

Ever since I started reading about cyclists, my boundaries of human endurance have become pretty lax almost non existent but this is just out of the world IMO.
I was under the impression that world's top pro cyclists clock about 25-30k on absolutely top notch gear and here we have someone doing double of that on Hero Sprint and Triban RC100FB. This person should be getting into record books or something.

Last edited by amol4184 : 27th September 2021 at 15:39.
amol4184 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 15:52   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
That is an astonishing 185km/day every day without a single miss come hell or high water.
While I've never been a volume guy (in either motorcycling earlier or cycling now) this IS pretty amazing any which way you look at it.

This pandemic and work from home has allowed a lot of guys to put in quite serious volumes, as well as centuries back to back in a row.

Provided you stay healthy and injury free, eat and drink well, and recover and sleep properly (including the very critical time and opportunity for a nap after the ride), 100 km daily is not a problem. But twice that volume over 9 months is pretty hardcore.
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 15:56   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
While I've never been a volume guy (in either motorcycling earlier or cycling now) this IS pretty amazing any which way you look at it.

Provided you stay healthy and injury free, eat and drink well, and recover and sleep properly (including the very critical time and opportunity for a nap after the ride), 100 km daily is not a problem. But twice that volume over 9 months is pretty hardcore.
Right? I don't even know anyone clocking that mileage in their car in a year, forget bicycle. Mind boggling.
Old 27th September 2021, 16:09   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Right? I don't even know anyone clocking that mileage in their car in a year, forget bicycle. Mind boggling.
Since 2018 I have logged more kilometres on my cycles on Strava than on my Storme (mainly office commute). Year on year, each year.

This year I am gunning for 10-12,000 km. Lets see. Should finish September just a bit short of 8,000 km. Then the mad dash of the last 3 months of the year, which has been typical for me since 2017 when I started.
Old 27th September 2021, 16:14   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
After yesterday's first ever half marathon, my knee, ankle, thigh started paining overnight. So it was necessary to stretch and relax them. So me and my friend decided to do a leisurely ride today. Did a 34km relaxed ride Nigdi-Dehuroad-Somatne Phata-Shirgaon-Darumbre-Sangawde-Kiwale-Ravet-Nigdi. Sharing some pics below (Courtesy my friend'd mobile camera).
I am a fan of your posts AutoIndian! You always seem to ride via scenic routes!
Old 27th September 2021, 19:26   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by papr23 View Post
I am a fan of your posts AutoIndian! You always seem to ride via scenic routes!
I am glad papr23 that you liked the pics from my cycle rides This wonderful nature around you, always calling you to explore, you just need a keen eye and ear to observe and enjoy these small beauties of nature. Listen to the chirping of the birds, swaying of the trees along with the wind, burbling of the water streams, the winding roads, just soak yourself and be one with nature (am I sounding too philosophical).

Fortunately I live 20kms north-west of Pune station, in the PCMC (Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation). This part of the city is close to the Maval and Mulshi talukas of Pune district. Majority of these two talukas are covered by the Sahyadri range of mountains, with lot of water bodies (be it lakes, rivers, waterfalls etc). Within 10kms from my home, I either bump across a river or a lake and another 10kms hills and small mountains. My intention of riding a cycle is not just to clock hundreds of kms but to visit the unexplored places in the most eco friendly way. If I come across a river or a beautiful bird or a mountain pass, I just get off my saddle and try to capture that moment. Experiences like these make the rides so much more enjoyable.
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 19:44   #324
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This part of the city is close to the Maval and Mulshi talukas of Pune district. Majority of these two talukas are covered by the Sahyadri range of mountains, with lot of water bodies (be it lakes, rivers, waterfalls etc).
I remember driving to Mulshi in 2017 July; it was pouring down so heavy and the whole experience was just magical

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-20170722_122531_hdr.jpg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-20170722_142345_hdr.jpg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-20170722_142357_hdr.jpg
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 19:59   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fortunately I live 20kms north-west of Pune station, in the PCMC (Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation). This part of the city is close to the Maval and Mulshi talukas of Pune district. Majority of these two talukas are covered by the Sahyadri range of mountains, with lot of water bodies (be it lakes, rivers, waterfalls etc). Within 10kms from my home, I either bump across a river or a lake and another 10kms hills and small mountains. My intention of riding a cycle is not just to clock hundreds of kms but to visit the unexplored places in the most eco friendly way. If I come across a river or a beautiful bird or a mountain pass, I just get off my saddle and try to capture that moment. Experiences like these make the rides so much more enjoyable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I remember driving to Mulshi in 2017 July; it was pouring down so heavy and the whole experience was just magical
Also so many birds. Its a paradise. Carrying a standalone camera with good lens is a worth every penny (and gram) in that area.
amol4184 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 22:59   #326
Senior - BHPian

Kamshet nighter. Controlled spin, averaging 130 odd BPM over the 4+ hours. Sticking to my big ring past couple of weeks+ in prep for the roadie.

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-img_20210927_201209.jpg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-img_20210927_201304.jpg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-img_20210927_201324.jpg

Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!-img_20210927_201420.jpg

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 00:00   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After yesterday's first ever half marathon, my knee, ankle, thigh started paining overnight. So it was necessary to stretch and relax them. So me and my friend decided to do a leisurely ride today. Did a 34km relaxed ride
I am confused. Because your body was sore after a 21k ride, you did a 34k ride? I would have just used it as an excuse to catch up on more sleep
Old 28th September 2021, 06:17   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I am confused. Because your body was sore after a 21k ride, you did a 34k ride? I would have just used it as an excuse to catch up on more sleep
I believe you meant, "Because your body was sore after a 21k run (not ride), you did a 34k ride?". Cycling is a low impact exercise as compared to running. In running your whole body weight is carried by your legs, due to which your ankles, knees, hip joints have to work under tremendous stress. As against this in cycling your whole body weight is carried by the saddle, so your leg joints are under minimal stress, but yes your leg muscles have to work equally hard. Hence cycling after running worked really well for me to relax my stressed leg joints.
Old 28th September 2021, 11:20   #329
Senior - BHPian

Planning to train for a 600km odd ride spread over 8 days. My current rides are 55km around. So the plan is to complete handful of 100km rides before November end.

Little scared and apprehensive. The ride won't be for Strava record books so the social pressure will be less but still some doubts in my mind.
Thoughts? Doable?
Old 28th September 2021, 11:55   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Planning to train for a 600km odd ride spread over 8 days. My current rides are 55km around. So the plan is to complete handful of 100km rides before November end.

Little scared and apprehensive. The ride won't be for Strava record books so the social pressure will be less but still some doubts in my mind.
Thoughts? Doable?
Eminently doable. What's the plan? Where are you going? Are you riding solo? It works out to 75 km a day. Which on its own is really not that much more than the 55 odd km rides you do regularly. But doing it day after day over a week and more is the tricky bit. So you need to 0ace yourself when you are fresh and always keep reminding yourself that what you burn today (while you can) you will not have tomorrow, and have even less the day and days after. So go conservative early and also remember after the furst 2-3 days you will get a second wind and start adapting and feeling stronger. Looking forward to gearing the experiences 9f other long distance riders here too. Especially multi day tourers like Papr.

Cheers, Doc

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks