Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 10:18   #286
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Pre-worshipped deal of 2010:

2009 Black Ford Fiesta 1.6S. Thane registered. Still in warranty. 9,000 kms on the odo. Price = Slightly less than 5.0 lakhs. A friend (and fellow BHPian) may shortly be picking this car up.

Still want to buy a brand new car?
It's raining pre-worshipped deals in the market. Believe me, as a petrolhead, you just have to keep this option open.

Checked out a car for a friend yesterday. '04 December (as good as '05) Accord V6. Champagne gold colour. Single owner, bombay registered, entirely maintained at Linkway Honda. A little less than 40,000 kms on the clock. Rs 6.45 lakhs! Super-clean bodyline.
Old 29th March 2010, 11:42   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's raining pre-worshipped deals in the market. Believe me, as a petrolhead, you just have to keep this option open.

Checked out a car for a friend yesterday. '04 December (as good as '05) Accord V6. Champagne gold colour. Single owner, bombay registered, entirely maintained at Linkway Honda. A little less than 40,000 kms on the clock. Rs 6.45 lakhs! Super-clean bodyline.
Another great Deal GTO, a five year old car (almost in pristine condition) and a depreciation of over 12 lacs. Even if your friend drives it for five years and sell it, he should get about Rs.2.5 to Rs.3 lac. A depreciation of max 4 lac (somewhat same if one buys a new sx4 or a fiesta) on a car that is 2 segments higher. Another good example to the list of Pre-Owned or Pre-Worshipped cars.
Old 31st March 2010, 22:02   #288
BHPian

Note from Mod : Your posts suffer from poor readability. Please use appropriate punctuation / capitalisation. I have corrected your post for now.

But civic has good resale value. You cant get clean civic below 7 lacs! Cedia is the worst and VFM in second hand market. 07 model going for around 3.5!!

Last edited by GTO : 1st April 2010 at 15:33. Reason: See Mod Note in your post
Old 1st April 2010, 15:34   #289
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
But civic has good resale value. You cant get clean civic below 7 lacs!
No car over 10 lakhs has "good" resale value. A clean Civic for 7 lakhs is a good deal (for the buyer, not seller) as its 1/2 the cost of a new piece.

Quote:
Cedia is the worst and VFM in second hand market. 07 model going for around 3.5!!
Whoa! 3.5 lakhs? The cheapest I've seen is 4.5 lakhs. Great deal at the price and makes a new Cedia seem pointless really.
Old 4th April 2010, 07:38   #290
BHPian

Hi GTO

I guess the ford fusion petrol is a really good deal that seems to have been missed out, unless I have missed that thread. The 1.6 is a great drive especially inside the city and its going at very reasonable prices
Old 4th April 2010, 15:06   #291
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pre-worshipped deal of 2010:

2009 Black Ford Fiesta 1.6S. Thane registered. Still in warranty. 9,000 kms on the odo. Price = Slightly less than 5.0 lakhs. A friend (and fellow BHPian) may shortly be picking this car up.

Still want to buy a brand new car?
You got such nice contacts in bangalore, who can help in getting such deals
BTW one note, we ALL look for cars that have the least scratches etc, but its almost impossible to own a car over a year,run in city traffic and not have one on your own!(many in fact)
I think minor body blemishes ignored, best deals are those which are used properly, riding style etc which matters. Just my 2 cents.
Did this car go finally? Wonder what is the reason for the "may" to appear, i would just run and take it! Any chance still avail?
Old 4th April 2010, 15:10   #292
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Whoa! 3.5 lakhs? The cheapest I've seen is 4.5 lakhs. Great deal at the price and makes a new Cedia seem pointless really.
i think that 3.5l cedia is on carwale. i wouldnt go near it. looks highly abused.
Old 5th April 2010, 11:18   #293
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by psathya View Post
Hi GTO

I guess the ford fusion petrol is a really good deal that seems to have been missed out, unless I have missed that thread. The 1.6 is a great drive especially inside the city and its going at very reasonable prices
The Fusion is a fun to drive hatch for sure. However, there are better and more easily available models in the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
BTW one note, we ALL look for cars that have the least scratches etc, but its almost impossible to own a car over a year,run in city traffic and not have one on your own!(many in fact)
True. Mechanical shape is more important than the body, though latter cannot be entirely ignored. How dent-free the car is can be an indicator of how carefully it was kept / maintained.
Old 5th April 2010, 12:06   #294
BHPian

used vRS

A little OT, but thanx to this thread from GTO, I was literally inspired to do some research myself.What started out as a research for this heart broken enthusiast(read below), ended up with me buying a pre-worshipped Octy vRS.Magic Black,26251 kms, owned by a school and used by the princy(lucky princy..if only I knew beforehand, I would have entered the teaching profession).
Car is as clean as can be man.June 2006.Interiors have to be seen to be beleived.Even the fabric on the doors.And the whistle from the turbo.Man o man...The perfect cure for the Guy who had become more of a self-recluse since the last 1 year, after failing to procure one of the last pieces of the Getz CRDi.What else do I say...A biiiiig THANK YOU GTO...Thank you TEAM BHP.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:46   #295
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
What started out as a research for this heart broken enthusiast(read below), ended up with me buying a pre-worshipped Octy vRS.Magic Black,26251 kms, owned by a school and used by the princy(lucky princy..if only I knew beforehand, I would have entered the teaching profession).
Car is as clean as can be man.June 2006.Interiors have to be seen to be beleived.Even the fabric on the doors.And the whistle from the turbo.Man o man...The perfect cure for the Guy who had become more of a self-recluse since the last 1 year, after failing to procure one of the last pieces of the Getz CRDi.What else do I say...A biiiiig THANK YOU GTO...Thank you TEAM BHP.
Your car makes for the perfect mascot of this thread! 26K kms is NOTHING, and I'm sure you got it for a VFM price (if you don't mind, please share the exact $$$). I guess that school principal never really revved her up either. Glad we could help you out in choosing a pre-worshipped car....a car that's more satisfying to drive than even the Laura 1.8 TSI (I find the RS more on the "edge").

How about a picture?
Old 6th April 2010, 13:19   #296
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Fusion is a fun to drive hatch for sure. However, there are better and more easily available models in the market.

True. Mechanical shape is more important than the body, though latter cannot be entirely ignored. How dent-free the car is can be an indicator of how carefully it was kept / maintained.
Yes- i have kept all my cars near to perfect care what one can take, though i know i come no close to how rudra keeps his, but i thought i was perfect till i saw his car
However one cannot avoid other idiots on the road and once u get the scratches etc, its too much of a pain to go and get the tinkering done etc
BTW you did not tell me about the Ford and also if you have some contacts in b'lore to get such killer deals
Old 7th April 2010, 09:28   #297
BHPian

Note from Mod : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

@GTO:I owe it to you big tym man.You have absolutelutely no idea what sort of depression I had gone into after failing to get the Getz CRDi.Had it not been for your thread on your civic(Man..do I love your car..sigh..someday maybe..when I have the moolah as used civics in pristine condition command a premium)I would'nt have woken up from my slumber.Magic black vRS is the stuff that dreams are made up of.I am living mine cuz of guys like you who never fail to inspire.
As for the price, well the car cost me around 5.6l excluding transfer charges which obviously are to be borne by me.Car had a small dent in the lower right portion of the front bumper which has been sorted out for a paltry sum of 2k.Car looks and feels as good as new.Totally stock.No modifications/alterations whatsoever.Pictures to follow soon.My mum's very superstitious bout these things and says only after getting the transfer done will she allow me to click pix..he he.So the ownership thread's gona come soon.

Can't thank Team BHP enuf.

Last edited by GTO : 7th April 2010 at 17:35. Reason: See Mod Note in your post
Old 22nd April 2010, 23:32   #298
BHPian

i really doubt civics are available for 6 lacs.lowest i have seen is 6.4 that too very abused example.
Old 22nd April 2010, 23:37   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
i really doubt civics are available for 6 lacs.lowest i have seen is 6.4 that too very abused example.
Yeah, Civic in good condition going for such prices as mentioned are quite unbelievable. Though, if a good example is available for as low as 6 lacs it will be tough deciding between a new Fiesta 1.6 and the used Civic.
Old 23rd April 2010, 20:11   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Yeah, Civic in good condition going for such prices as mentioned are quite unbelievable. Though, if a good example is available for as low as 6 lacs it will be tough deciding between a new Fiesta 1.6 and the used Civic.
no IMO its not tough deciding between a new fiesta and used civic.it has to be civic.but its tough deciding between used accord V6 and used civic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks