Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2006, 11:50   #166
BHPian

Although i Have been active on this forum from 9-10 Months .....But didn't quiet feel To write Abt ma system until Now(damn i didn't dare write ma Puny details(previous setup)....when u have Likes of KB100000s...,Tools ,Sadda LBM's....et al......around here.

But this forum is like One heavenly place....to get the plethora of gyaan....from the 'Best in the buisness' Guys.....Thanx a ton GTO for providing Such a platform.

Here's ma systems Update

Car-Suzuki Swift vxi
Hu-Pioneer 6850 just changed From Alpine 9843 because of 3 Preouts it has.
Front Comp-Hertz Esk 6.5'
Rear-Nothing as if now
Sub-woofer-Hertz Es-300D-12"
Amplifiers-Alpine F240-4x50 rms ---All four channels running front comps.
-Alpine Mrd M605 -600 rms x1 running Sub----A bit overpowered

Damping-Dynamat Extreme for front door panels +boot(This is the best Part of ma system.....not a decibel of Vibrations from the front panels )
Wiring -Audison 4g power cable,Audison RCA ,Audison Speaker wires,Connection Audison Distribution Block(...love to mention AUDISON.....)

Overall ma system ROCKS ,Its more Towards the SQ side....but can Blow a decent SPL too...

How much did it cost ? - Abhi tak some 80k

3.How serious were your about your system?-For Weeks i Didn't bought a single Chaaddee....jst to collect that single paisa...

4. Which kind of music do you listen to ?? -Anything & Every thing ,A lot of Buddha trance(Tulku,Deepak chopra,Amir Diab,karunesh,Zainub Sufi)Astreiks,Ministry of Sound,Punk rock(linkin park,Papa roach),Rap(Lil Jon,three 6 Mafia,Bassotronics(THE BEST BASS TRACKS ),Hip hop.....Apna Desi Filmi-pop stuff,Ghazals(Ghalib's ,jagjit singh's,Pankaz udas)

5. Would you recommend it to others???-....HAAN Bhai HAAN

Future Upgrades-An Alpine Hu(Lower-middle end Pioneer's Sounds Cheap,Mids and highs go for a Toss ) -PROVEN),More Damping in Boot,15" sub with a Ported Box

Whole install done over a period of 8-9 months....Under Stupendous Vigilance of Gunbir,JB & Driven.

And ya thanks to All Gurus for there Brilliant Pearls of Soundum....Gunbir Pajee and his alter Ego(JB),Navin sir,Signor Sam.....thanx guys

Will soon Posts the Pics
Old 6th July 2006, 15:52   #167
Senior - BHPian

Hey ,greetings all from a newbie:-)

I have a ford ikon 1.3 flair.
I have a pioneer 5750 HU and Boschmann rear speakers (for 4k) and i love the clarity.
Old 11th July 2006, 16:38   #168
Senior - BHPian

Mine is pretty simple, here goes

1. Car

Esteem Vx

2. what is your existing setup (HEADUNITS, SPEAKERS, AMPS, DSP,SW etc.)

Head unit : Sony MEX-R1 DVD Player
CD Changer : Sony 10 Disc
Front : Stock Kenwood Speakers (Came with the car)
Rear : 6 x 9 Pioneer 6935
4 channel Amp: SONY XM-554ZR
Tweeters : Sony

3. How much did it cost ?

a. HU: 12K (Without bill , with 3 months warranty), bought just now
(Chennai, Afra Car Jewels, T.Nagar)
b. CD Changer : 9.5 k (Bought in 2002) No bill/No warranty from Auto
World , J.C. Road, Bangalore
Tweeters : 1.25 k
Speakers : 3.5 k Bangalore National Market, 2001

Total 28K (Including the cables, fittings & the tips)

4.How serious were your about your system?
I Love music & i like to hear it sound as natural as possible. i enjoy a good mix of both bass & treble, that is why i still haven't thought about the sub woofers.

5. which kind of music do you listen to ?? prefer deep bass or how is it...

All good music, from country to rock, jazz, etc
6. would you recommend it to others???

Yes I would to people who really love their music for themselves and not for showing off of sounding offf
Old 11th July 2006, 17:21   #169
Senior - BHPian

Updated now
1. Car

2004 Palio 1.9 D

-- Sony MP-50
-- JBL GTO 607C Components in the front (replaced Pioneer 5" coaxials)
-- Sony 6x9 ovals in the rear
-- Sony Xplod 222 AMP (Bought used)

Approxmiately 23000. All grey stuff except for the JBL compos.

Was serious but did not have right leads when installed initially.

Now, I am still serious and has great leads on tbhp.

5. which kind of music do you listen to ??

Mostly Jazz & country music but listen to others too and also my podcasts

Previous Setup: Yes to anyone who is tight on budget.
Current Setup: No. Currently in upgrade phase. So has a mix of goods and bads.

7. Place where the setup was done

I am not aware of any good installer in Hyderabad.
Initial Setup: Indian De'cars, Hyderabad
Compos at: Cartronics, Hyderabad

Planning to add a 4 channel amp and a woofer soon. Later change HU with one that has Aux in port.

Last edited by satish_appasani : 11th July 2006 at 17:23.
Old 15th July 2006, 19:12   #170
BHPian

I am planning to add an amp finally. I can spend 7.5k max (strictly), and all i need is a four channel amp to power Pioneer TSE-6996 speakers 80W rms (rear speakers) and a pair of 4 inch 100 w pmpo kevlar speakers for the front.

I had already received suggestions here in this regard for pioneer 6100 (600w,4 ch), i came to know that it sells for around 7.5k in bangalore... are there any other amplifiers that would do the job at a lesser price.

I spoke to a installer regarding sony 554, 500w,4channel and he quotes Rs.4950. Is that good????? Are there any other brands that i can consider...

Gurus, please help...
Old 3rd August 2006, 17:55   #171
NIP
Senior - BHPian

scorpio JBLfied !!

1. Car

Scorpio 2.6DX (non-crde)

Pioneer 5xxx HU
Pioneer 6500 Equalizer (i like controls upfront!)
JBL GTO 937 Coaxials (rear)
JBL GTO 607 Components (front)
JBL GT 74.4 Amp (for subs + rear coax)
Pioneer 402 amp (for components)
2 Kenwood 500w Subs

HU - 8k
5600 eq - (cant recall)
GTO 937 - 4k
GTO 607 - 5k
JBL GT 74.4 - 12k
Pioneer 402 amp - (cant recall)
2 Kenwood 500w - (cant recall)
sub wood+fibreglass box - 5k
installation + wiring - 8k

pretty serious...or i woulda not blown my hard earned cash !
I listen to all kinds of music...as long as it is good. I have a special weakness to elctronic music..especially House. Artists n DJs - Steve Lawler, Deep Dish, Sander Kleinenberg, David Morales, Paul Van Dyk etc. I like tight bass and not the resounding type...

Why not...! Hats off to JBL...i dont hink anyone should consider anything else !! JBL RAWKS !! (sam...for this, you can mail me some JBL stickers and tissue boxes)
Old 10th August 2006, 15:50   #172
BHPian

Got this setup done a couple of months back. Thought of posting this with pics but have been lazy clicking the pics. So here is the setup of my car (minus the pics. Will post the pics in different thread)

1. Car : Hyundai Getz

2. What is your setup (Head units, Speakers, Amps, Subetc.)
HU: Pioneer 6850
Front n Rear: JBL 6.5" components GTO607C
SUB: JBL 12' with company made sealed box GTO1200B
Amp1: JBL CS60.4 for the comps
Amp2: JBL CS60.2 for the sub
Wires: Monster (power cables 4g+Interconnects+speaker cables+2 fuses [all 300 series])

3. How much did it cost?
Approx 50K (Big Thanks to Sam else it would have crossed 60K)

pretty serious...Sacrificed Getz model with power windows and went for a lower version so that I could get the system :-)

Depends on the speed I am driving at.. normally I listen to Rock, hindi rimixes and old hindi songs by SD Burman and Kishore Kumar.

Yes without a second thought.

Preetam from sound factor.

Last edited by malgudi : 10th August 2006 at 15:59.
Old 10th August 2006, 16:11   #173
BHPian

Quote:
pretty serious...Sacrificed Getz model with power windows and went for a lower version so that I could get the system :-)
Thats an ICE[y] spirit man.... keep it up and enjoy ur music on very good set-up.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 10th August 2006 at 16:28.
Old 21st August 2006, 08:32   #174
BHPian

After almost two months of browsing this forum I finally went and installed a decent ICE in my car. The system is still a work in progress, hopefully with some additional funds I can have it completed in the near future.

1. Car : Maruti Swift Zxi - 2005 - Silver

2. What is your setup (Head units, Speakers, Amps, Subetc.)
HU - Pioneer MP5000 (double din, casette + CD/MP3)
Fronts - JBL GTO606 6.5" components
Rears - Sony 4" coaxials in the doors + Sony 6x9 coaxials in the parcel shelf
Sub - Pioneer 12" woofer with a ported enclosure
Amps - Sony 702 bridged to run the sub + Sony 302 to run the fronts
Wiring - Some Boss stuff.. never heard of it before

3. How much did it cost?
Componets were 6k, HU was bought a year ago (roughly 15K), sub I convinced a friend to give me, amps I found lying around in a box at home (they're at least 7 yrs old), Sony speakers were part of the original install. Wiring was 1.5K and install was 500 bucks.

Total value : Roughly 35-40K

Quite serious, but cant afford a top-end system

Very varied. Anything from Jazz (Coltrane, Mingus) to House (love those Hed Kandi compilations) to Rock (Rolling Stones, U2, RHCP, the Beatles) to Folk (Joni Mitchell, Jack Johnson). Prefer tight, rounded bass to loud booming bass.

I wouldnt recommend this particular setup per se. My general reccomendations:
-Never buy Sony speakers
-Never let your dad choose your ICE (he picked the initial Sony setup)
-Build your ICE one step at a time
-Use this forum

Cartouch at Milan Subway, Mumbai

(very good install but i have some minor complaints)
-they refused to flush mount the tweeters
-had never heard of Audison wiring... wanted to sell me a Kicker wiring kit for 7200

8. Future Plans
-I think the front comps are gonna need some Dynamat, when I get that done I'll have the tweeters flush mounted.
-Rears need to be upgraded to 6.5" coaxials or if i get lucky will buy better comps for the front and put the current ones behind.
-Throw out the parcel shelf with the 6x9's
-Reduce the size of the sub enclosure/tube and make it fully enclosed, not ported (right now its too loud, gives me a headache after 15mins of listening)

Finally, a big thanks to everyone here without whom I'd still be driving mostly in silence. (I've also noticed that I've become a slower/safer driver after getting the sound upgraded)

Last edited by theEnd : 21st August 2006 at 08:35.
Old 21st August 2006, 10:10   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd
had never heard of Audison wiring... wanted to sell me a Kicker wiring kit for 7200
Well I can assure you they have heard of Audison. But as it stands, they have a good relationship with Kicker and choose to sell that product... but wiring kit for Rs 7200!!! Thats high for a kit.

TheEnd, I would also advise you upgrade your BOSS RCA Interconnects in the future (when able).
Old 21st August 2006, 23:21   #176
BHPian

Interestingly I asked point blank for Audison wiring and they said Audison doesnt make wiring kits, but they have a subsidiary or associated brand that does, and then he told me some other name which I have now forgotten.

Thanks for the advice gunbir, perhaps the not so good wires are the reason there is a bit of a hiss at higher volumes (very faint, but noticable).

Today I realized (as Cartouch warned me) that the JBL's have a tad bit too much treble going on for them. Apart from adjusting the equalizer, is there a way of playing with the crossover to eliminate the enthusiastic chirping from the tweeters?

Oh, and one final question.. For HPF's, what exactly is a Slope? My HU actually has three setting associated with the HPF's, the frequency (which I understand), the slope (which I dont) and another number (that goes from 0 to negative values) that has no name.
Old 21st August 2006, 23:30   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Today I realized (as Cartouch warned me) that the JBL's have a tad bit too much treble going on for them. Apart from adjusting the equalizer, is there a way of playing with the crossover to eliminate the enthusiastic chirping from the tweeters?
Actually thats one of the differences between the 607 and the 606, the 607 has a attenuator in the crossover box.
However, if you do a search, you will find a thread somewhere on attenuating the highs in a 606. I remember it from last year.
Old 21st August 2006, 23:43   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Interestingly I asked point blank for Audison wiring and they said Audison doesnt make wiring kits, but they have a subsidiary or associated brand that does, and then he told me some other name which I have now forgotten.
Yes, its called Connection Audison, formerly known as Audison Cables. A Lot of people still refer to the brand as Audison Cables.

Quote:
Thanks for the advice gunbir, perhaps the not so good wires are the reason there is a bit of a hiss at higher volumes (very faint, but noticable).
In fact consider yourself lucky if you dont have other noise issues that you generally get for free with BOSS cables, such as hissing, alternator whining etc.

Quote:
The crossover should have a tweeter attenuation switch. Its usually a 3 position slider switch that should be marked -3dB, 0, +3dB. As it seems, the tweeter can be attenuated this switch. Your installer may already have set it at the lowest. Beyond this you can go the DIY route and modify the crossover to attenuate the tweeter further. I'm sure Navinji would be glad to give you some tips on the same.

Quote:
Oh, and one final question.. For HPF's, what exactly is a Slope? My HU actually has three setting associated with the HPF's, the frequency (which I understand), the slope (which I dont) and another number (that goes from 0 to negative values) that has no name.
Crossover slopes were discussed in the Glossary section I think. Anyways, here it is again: Slope is the rate at which the filter increases or decreases the rolloff evel. For example a 6dB slope is a shallow one while you can have 12, 18, 24, 36 and so on. If you apply a 100Hz HPF at 6db it will start rolloff at 100Hz but you will get even lower frequencies into your speaker.

The 0 to neg number is likely the level of the filter. At zero it is normal. To attenuate set at a lower value. For example you may want to high pass your rear fill speakers at say 100Hz, 12dB slope and attenuate them by say 6dB so that they dont mess with your front stage. Of course, you can also use the fader to do this.
Old 21st August 2006, 23:46   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
YThe crossover should have a tweeter attenuation switch. Its usually a 3 position slider switch that should be marked -3dB, 0, +3dB. As it seems, the tweeter can be attenuated this switch.
No ya Gunman, the GTO606Ce did not have this in the crossover. It only cmoes in the newer 7 series components.
Old 22nd August 2006, 00:01   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
No ya Gunman, the GTO606Ce did not have this in the crossover. It only cmoes in the newer 7 series components.
Hmm... OK. then I guess TheEnd being an engineer should have no problems modding his crossovers. All hail our ModGod..... drumroll...... Navinji.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks