Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2013, 20:21   #46
Team-BHP Support

re: ICE for the Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedme View Post
Trying to revive a dead thread here! Are their any final verdicts on the placement of the tweeters on the Duster I am going in head on for the install Monday ( 04 Mar'13). All your advise and pearls of wisdom will be much appreciated.
Go with the standard practice. Tweeters on the ORVM panel. Thats the best location and gives best performance.
Old 1st March 2013, 10:32   #47
BHPian

Thanks Ampere, But just wanted to check if any of the members has already done it with the Duster? And which components are better on the Duster.
Old 1st March 2013, 11:08   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Ampere, But just wanted to check if any of the members has already done it with the Duster? And which components are better on the Duster.
I did ! Thats why I answered.
Infitnity Primus components for the front and Infinity co-ax for the rear. Tweeters mounted on ORVM panel. No change to HU.
Overall sound quality? Very Nice.
Old 1st March 2013, 12:17   #49
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Speedme: I think it is quite clear that the default ORVM panel original mountings are the best and safest bet for the Duster Tweeters.

Last edited by ACM : 1st March 2013 at 12:18.
Old 1st March 2013, 12:44   #50
BHPian

Thanks guys, Would do that. Amp if you get a chance can you post some pictures of the OVRM job and anything I need to keep in mind or watch out for while getting it done?
Old 2nd March 2013, 20:33   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks guys, Would do that. Amp if you get a chance can you post some pictures of the OVRM job and anything I need to keep in mind or watch out for while getting it done?
Here you go. Sorry for the pathetic image quality. That was due to the sun streaming in. But I guess, you should get an idea.

ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano-20130301_161537_301a3.jpg
Old 3rd March 2013, 11:55   #52

ICE for the Duster

Hi Audiophiles,

I had booked a Duster (Base Diesel) 7 months back and finally getting it delivered next weekend. This model doesn't come with any music system and i need help in that regard. I have a budget constraint of around 18 grand and hence can not go all out on that front. Here is what i have planned:

1. Head Unit :- Sony 2-Din System (Rs 8500/-)
2. Front Speakers :- Polk Audio 5.25 (Rs 4500/-)
3. Reak Speakers :- PolK Audio 5.25 (Rs 4500 /-)
4. Wiring & Cable :- Few Hundreds

Other Options as suggested by one distributor:
1. Hertz Daicii Series :- Speakers 5.25 (Rs 3300 a pair)
2. Kicker :- Speakers 5.25 (Rs 3000 a pair)

Genre of Music :- Rock, Metal, House

Sound Preference :- Clarity, Clarity & Clarity. (I do not need huge thump)

Kindly help me out in choosing the right configuration. He vouched for the Pol Audios and asusred me they are way better than the other two (Hertz & Kicker) when it comes to 5.25 speakers.

I have very little knowledge about the Brands and their respective sound quality. Suggestions are most welcome.
xploSID is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2013, 13:19   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Here you go. Sorry for the pathetic image quality. That was due to the sun streaming in. But I guess, you should get an idea.

Attachment 1057474
Thanks a ton!Taking the delivery tomorrow morning with the Media Nav.. Your install looks neat at the OVRM's. Place decided the speakers will test a few. Polak Audio, Hertz, JBL's and off course the Infinity Primus. Thanks.
Old 3rd March 2013, 17:58   #54
Senior - BHPian

Re: ICE for the Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xploSID View Post
... Polk Audio 5.25 ... Hertz Daicii Series ... Kicker ... Kindly help me out in choosing the right configuration. He vouched for the ...
Don't believe anyone 'vouching for' a brand - there is no such thing, and you will be the loser having paid money. Ask for an audition of the speakers in the car. If they don't want to, move on - they are not worth buying from. Only your ears (and what is in between) should decide what you should buy, not their ears and sales talk. Polk might be a bit too bright for you, or may be not. Different brands have different sound signatures, some of which you may like, some you will hate.

* You will need Components in front, and Coaxes behind - they cost roughly 50% of Components and you will listen only to the front image when you are driving

* Sony 2DIN HU - well, there are better ones from Pioneer and JVC which might cost a thou more, but are more reliable and better sounding. At that price, you can as well buy a 1DIN with far more features and better sound than the 2DIN ones

* Hertz Deici, not Daicii. Kicker IMHO is not in the same league. Anyhow, no harm in auditioning

* JBL, Infinity and Bull are some more brands you can listen to - they should be in the same range more or less
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2013, 19:13   #55

Re: ICE for the Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Don't believe anyone 'vouching for' a brand - there is no such thing, and you will be the loser having paid money.
============
* JBL, Infinity and Bull are some more brands you can listen to - they should be in the same range more or less
Thanks a lot for the information. I did ask for a demonstration but he said he only has the bigger speakers on demo. I will definitely try it out somewhere else. I liked the Sony because it is feature packed and is a 2-Din unit. Since the slot in the Duster is a 2-Din slot, 1-Din would look a bit out of place.
Old 1st April 2013, 22:23   #56
BHPian

I have booked a Duster RxL 110 PS and the delivery is expected in 1.5 months time. Gurus please suggest on the ICE for the same. I have shortlisted the below:

HU : OE / Can we fix a single DIN player. planning for Pioneer 80 PRS
Amp : Infinity Kappa 4 & Kappa 1 [sourced]
Front : PHD components 6.5
Rear : PHD co-axials
Sub : Infinity Kappa / Morel Ultimo SC
Wiring Kit : Kicker 4AWG dual amp kit [sourced]

rajesh
Old 2nd April 2013, 13:57   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh_sg View Post
... HU : OE / Can we fix a single DIN player. planning for Pioneer 80 PRS
Front : PHD components 6.5
Rear : PHD co-axials ...
* HU would be fine. The installer would be able to source a 1DIN tray to fill the gap in the 2DIN location

* OE slot is for 5.25". 6.5" can be fitted, though you will lose the OE look since they will mount it from outside the doorpad
Old 3rd April 2013, 01:28   #58
BHPian

Sorry for posting this in the Duster thread, but since we are discussing positioning tweeters here I cudnt help but question the 'gurus'.

Where do i place the tweeters in an A-star? The practical option would be the orvm panel,but i dont want to cut/drill there.
I see a speaker mess like thing at the two corners of the dash. Can they be used to mount tweeters or are they there for 4 " speakers? Or are they just cosmetic.
P.S: The 4 speakers are in the doors.
Old 3rd April 2013, 10:58   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Where do i place the tweeters in an A-star? The practical option would be the orvm panel,but i dont want to cut/drill there.
You dont have to cut. Its a small hole only for the wire to pass and you don't even see the hole. It should not be a big botheration.
Old 7th April 2013, 22:38   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
* HU would be fine. The installer would be able to source a 1DIN tray to fill the gap in the 2DIN location

* OE slot is for 5.25". 6.5" can be fitted, though you will lose the OE look since they will mount it from outside the doorpad
Thanks DerAlte. Will check with the installer. Any suggestion for the speakers & woofer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks