Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2013, 22:56   #61
Team-BHP Support

re: ICE for the Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh_sg View Post
Thanks DerAlte. Will check with the installer. Any suggestion for the speakers & woofer.
I did not change the HU. All I did was infinity components for front and coax for the rear. That along raises the sound quality by orders of magnitude. For my requirements, the stock HU does just fine.
Old 8th April 2013, 10:01   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh_sg View Post
... Any suggestion for the speakers & woofer.
@ampere got Infinity Primus 5.25" components, and seems to be very happy with the response. Audition it. You can put 5.25" round coaxes in the rear doors. The sub could be an Infinity Ref or a JBL sub.

Look for a Kenwood 4-channel amp. 2 channels can drive the components in front, and the other 2 channels can drive the sub in bridged mode.
Old 8th April 2013, 11:03   #63
BHPian

Can Duster owners who got the new Media-Nav HU comment on the performance when it comes to music playback?
Old 8th April 2013, 12:13   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
@ampere got Infinity Primus 5.25" components, and seems to be very happy with the response. Audition it. You can put 5.25" round coaxes in the rear doors. The sub could be an Infinity Ref or a JBL sub.
Even I have a 6.5 inch one installed. The installer said Infinity primus did not come in 5.25. (I frankly did not know).
(My Google search also did not throw up anything in this regard).

He was suggesting something else which I did not want. So I went with 6.5 inch ones.

Last edited by ampere : 8th April 2013 at 12:15.
Old 8th April 2013, 12:24   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Even I have a 6.5 inch one installed. The installer said Infinity primus did not come in 5.25. (I frankly did not know).
(My Google search also did not throw up anything in this regard).

He was suggesting something else which I did not want. So I went with 6.5 inch ones.
Oopsie! I thought you had put 5.25". Are your install pictures up? Specifically, how did they install the mid-bass in the doorpad.
Old 8th April 2013, 22:37   #66
BHPian

Quote:

Look for a Kenwood 4-channel amp. 2 channels can drive the components in front, and the other 2 channels can drive the sub in bridged mode.
I already have infinity kappa 4 & 1 amplifiers. I am looking at infinity kappa 120.9 / morel ultimo sc for sub-woofer.
Old 22nd May 2013, 16:49   #67
Team-BHP Support

For member @austere_sly. Here is how I have the speaker attached.

ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano-20130521_155913_242a3.jpg

The grill is fixed out side. @DA, I tried to get the stock grill to work, but could not. Because some portion comes out. But to be frank, did not give a whole hearted try as well. Will give it another shot once again.
Old 2nd June 2013, 10:17   #68
BHPian

Quote:

* OE slot is for 5.25". 6.5" can be fitted, though you will lose the OE look since they will mount it from outside the doorpad

Just to clarify, if I want to keep the stock look, I cannot go larger than 5.25" in the doors?
Old 8th June 2013, 17:46   #69
Senior - BHPian

6.5" can be installed while retaining the original grill in the front doors of the Duster.
Bass&Trouble is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2013, 19:29   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
6.5" can be installed while retaining the original grill in the front doors of the Duster.
Thanks Bass& Trouble. What about the rear doors? Will 6.5" speakers fit under the original grill?
Old 9th June 2013, 22:37   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Really. Driven - East of Kailash said that it would require cutting and thats why they've started sourcing a small number of 5.25" comps from Focal and Rainbow for Dusters. Can you show me how 6.5" comps are installed while retaining the original grill - pics please?
Old 10th June 2013, 08:45   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave View Post
Really. Driven - East of Kailash said that it would require cutting and thats why they've started sourcing a small number of 5.25" comps from Focal and Rainbow for Dusters. Can you show me how 6.5" comps are installed while retaining the original grill - pics please?
I am also interested in this information. Can you please share?

@crazydave In case you are not aware, there is a related post that indicates that 6"speakers will fit in the Duster

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2960049

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote,
click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the
Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th June 2013 at 09:24.
Old 10th June 2013, 10:12   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave View Post
My installer tried and said it was not possible without editing the door pads. So I just chose to let it be that way (see the picture above that I posted). I was interested only in Infinity Primus. And as per the authorised dealer, the smallest ones were 6.5. Now I don't how true or false is that; I just went with him.

Though the grill comes out, I have learned to live with. The sound quality is excellent. (Now that again is relative! All I can say is its at least five notches above OEM speaker performance)

The HU is the same. No Amp.

Last edited by ampere : 10th June 2013 at 10:14.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 12:40   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
I am also interested in this information. Can you please share?
Is this directed at me? I dont have much more information to share honestly. Driven said that they have 5.25" speakers from Rainbow off the shelf and that they can get Focal with a couple of days notice. He also said that they can source speakers from JBL, Infinity of the same size but it will take more time

I'm happy that the Rainbow option is available as I'm most probably going to go with that. Just need to figure out whether I should just stick with the Medianav amplification or get a separate amplifier as well (are Rainbow amps worth the price btw?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
@crazydave In case you are not aware, there is a related post that indicates that 6"speakers will fit in the Duster
Thanks for this link - should widen the options. Will show it to the installer!
Old 10th June 2013, 13:00   #75
BHPian

@moralfibre
Quote:
Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote,
click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the
Forum Rules before proceeding any further.
I am new member and each post of mine has to be approved by a mod before it becomes visible. During that time I cannot edit the post. When it becomes visible, if 30 mins have passed, I cannot edit it either. Hence the multiple posts, which you have now consolidated. I hope you understand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks