Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2024, 17:59   #5146
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
I have installed dual cam Wolfbox G840H in my XUV. It costed me Rs 18000 with hardwiring kit. Ordered it from Delhi based authorised dealer. Got it installed at the local car accessories shop.
s:
I have installed the exact same Dashcam in my Scorpio-N 1 year back. Works without any hiccups. It has to be the best what I have experienced so far. It solves the main issue which Scorpio-N Z4/Z6 has i.e. no auto-dimming IRVMs and no rear camera.
Old 27th March 2024, 10:57   #5147

Miofive 4K dual Dashcam Review: Close to Perfection

Hi Everyone,
I have been an avid follower of team-bhp for a long time and am posting my first review of a very interesting product that I have tried and tested for over 3 months.

Living in Bangalore and dealing with the biggest hassle i.e., Bangalore traffic, I felt a good dashcam was an utmost necessity in this city. Exploring all the options out that were available, the following were considered before finalizing on the Miofive dashcam which was newly launched in India.

Product Link:https://www.amazon.in/Miofive-Display-Built-Detection-Capacitor/dp/B0CP473HR4/ref=sr_1_2?crid=PHPNQY9PGAO4&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.9P2Z LCF_2xDkx2WIzP1Ra2CC3UEh2mWG85Afay-mi0WYO9QSBWZspoZpfYQ9UOmJ.TOblEWcOh-uwtBhy7pHtRbp55HYVdRLZ0S2LKXWg6sA&dib_tag=se&keywo rds=miofive&qid=1711516511&sprefix=miofiv%2Caps%2C 223&sr=8-2

1. Nexdigitron Ace plus - While it was the most affordable from a Make in India brand, I was tempted toward buying it with little to no knowledge about selecting a dashcam. It did get all of the basic functions right but what was really needed for a dashcam i.e., clear capturing of number plates and face identification was subpar to say the least and the app interface was nothing to write home about.

2. 70mai A810 True 4k - Decided to level up and buy something on the premium side and 70mai A810 True 4k had everything that was expected from a premium dashcam. From my observations, front cam captured the best footage and some of the AI features are useful and are welcome. But alas it wasn't offering the best experience because the rear cam footage was not up to the mark, the app experience was mediocre at best and the Wi-Fi download speeds were quite slow.
I had come across this product called Miofive 4k dual dashcam, which was newly launched in December 2023 on Amazon. Browsing through the specs it had everything that 70mai A810 had missed (Rear 2k Cam, in-built eMMC storage and 5ghz Wi-Fi support) and was in the same price range, so I decided to give it a try. Here is my detailed review of the product.

Packaging and in-box contents

Packaging felt very premium, and the box comes with the following components.
1. Front Cam
2. Rear Cam
3. Mounting Bracket with adhesive
4. Power Adapter
5. Front Cam Wire
6. Rear Cam Wire
7. Crowbar
8. Extra Adhesives
9. Instructions Manual

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-packaging-1.jpg
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-packaging-2.jpg
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-box-contents.jpg

Installation & Setup

Installation was fairly simple and straightforward. I had gotten it done by an accessories store nearby who charged me Rs. 1500/- for the installation but did a good job. Lot of videos available online for someone who’s interested in DIY. Some images of the installation process attached. (P.S. Installation pics are from my friend's car, since I haven't clicked any pictures while installating mine)

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-photo-gnaneswar-ikkurthi1.jpg
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-photo-gnaneswar-ikkurthi2.jpg
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-photo-gnaneswar-ikkurthi3.jpg
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-photo-gnaneswar-ikkurthi4.jpg

Powering On the screen, the 2.2 in IPS display has enough brightness for viewing the images on a sunny day. I personally like the onboard system voice on this dashcam. The feather touch buttons for accessing the menu and other settings are a little annoying in the beginning but can get used to over time.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-photo-gnaneswar-ikkurthi.jpg
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-dashcam-mounted-picture.jpg

Connecting to the APP was seamless since the device supports 5Ghz Wi-Fi, the UI and overall response of the application is much better than the other dashcams I’ve tried. The device asks for an update as soon as you connect to the app for the first time, would’ve liked if it was factory updated to the latest firmware but since it’s a one-time thing, no harm in taking out the 5 mins, I guess.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-dashcam-updating.jpg

On road performance and testing

After a week of installation, I had downloaded some of the footages to test the clarity and I was taken by surprise! The Sony IMX 415 sensor works wonders with this product and what I really liked was the frame by frame viewing in the app and you can also zoom into the video once downloaded. The number plates were being captured very clearly and most importantly the rear 2K camera wasn’t a false claim and captures clear footages. Attaching some screen shots for viewing the image clarity. The night footage was also better than the competitor since the devices supports Sony Night Vision, especially on the rear camera. I wonder how similar hardware specs for the front camera can produce different results as both Miofive and 70mai have similar front camera on paper.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-front-camera-view.jpg
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-rear-cam-image.jpg

The device by default records 1 min videos with a resolution of 3840x2160 and the size of the videos is about 210MB. The download speeds are less than minute since the device supports 5 GHz Wi-Fi. The 128gb in-built eMMC storage provides back up of up to 36+ hours of driving, which in my case is close to a month of driving hours. First in this price range to offer in-built storage and 5GHz Wi-Fi.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-gps-map.png
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-device-info.jpeg

AI features like the stop and go function are a boon in Bangalore traffic. Harsh driving alerts and emergency footage recording are also quite useful. Mobile APP also provides the GPS location tracking with footage and driver analytics.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-night-front-1.jpg
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-night-rear-1.jpg

Overall Verdict
A dashcam in my perspective is vehicle safety system and it should be able to capture clear footage and objects for driver protection in case of an emergency, which include clear number plate capturing and object tracking during the day as well as night. Miofive 4K dual dashcam excels in this field and offers the best results. It has gotten the basics right and a lot more features in which some of them are first in class.

Overall: 4.5/5

Product Link:https://www.amazon.in/Miofive-Display-Built-Detection-Capacitor/dp/B0CP473HR4/ref=sr_1_2?crid=PHPNQY9PGAO4&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.9P2Z LCF_2xDkx2WIzP1Ra2CC3UEh2mWG85Afay-mi0WYO9QSBWZspoZpfYQ9UOmJ.TOblEWcOh-uwtBhy7pHtRbp55HYVdRLZ0S2LKXWg6sA&dib_tag=se&keywo rds=miofive&qid=1711516511&sprefix=miofiv%2Caps%2C 223&sr=8-2

Hope you guys enjoyed my review. Please, comment if you would like to know more about this product.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-dashcam-mounted-picture-1.jpg  

ignaneswar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 11:14   #5148
BHPian

Hello experts, I have a question around hardwiring. While searching for a dual channel dashcam, I came across 2 options for hard wiring. First one using vehicles Fuse Box & couplers. Second one connecting to OBD II port.

I wanted to understand different between those 2. My understanding is coupler and fuse box option does provide parking surveillance. What about hardwiring in OBD II port? Does it drain battery in any ways?
Old 30th March 2024, 06:22   #5149

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
Hello experts, I have a question around hardwiring. While searching for a dual channel dashcam, I came across 2 options for hard wiring. First one using vehicles Fuse Box & couplers. Second one connecting to OBD II port.

I wanted to understand different between those 2. My understanding is coupler and fuse box option does provide parking surveillance. What about hardwiring in OBD II port? Does it drain battery in any ways?
OBD Port makes more sense if your fusebox in your car is not accessible for wiring or if the dashcam is capable of reading vehicle parameters like fuel level, battery level, etc.
Otherwise it's better to go for connecting it in the fusebox.
Old 30th March 2024, 12:47   #5150
mxx
BHPian

Can someone suggest a good 4k (preferably Starvis 2 sensor) front only dashcam with super capacitor? I can only see dual channel which I dont want.
Old 1st April 2024, 20:12   #5151
BHPian

*BELOW ARE THE LIST OF SD CARD WE RECOMMEND*
1- “Samsung EVO Plus” Micro SD UHS-I U3 130MB/s Full HD & 4K UHD Memory Card
2- “Strontium Nitro A1” Micro SD Memory Card 100MB/s A1 UHS-I U3 Class 10
3- “STRONTIUM Nitro Plus Endurance” A2 Micro SD Card
4- SANDISK IS "NOT" RECOMMENDED

Official response from Qubo Help.
Thankfully had the Samsung Evo lying around. Now getting continuous recording, will update more after usage.
Old 1st April 2024, 21:27   #5152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Can someone suggest a good 4k (preferably Starvis 2 sensor) front only dashcam with super capacitor? I can only see dual channel which I dont want.
May I understand why you don't need dual channel? As collisions can happen from both front and back for which you may need footage
Old 1st April 2024, 21:52   #5153
BHPian

Hi Team.
Can you suggest a front dashcam which can be easily mounted and unmounted from its fixing bracket repeatedly? I will be using this dashcam only while going on road trips, in my office I am not supposed to enter with a dashcam. So it will be mostly kept at home and connected only while going on long drives.
Would also like to have it with a super-cap instead of Li batteries. Power supply will be directly from the usb socket at the front of my XUV 700.
Not looking for anything with hi-fi features like 4k, ADAS, GPS etc. as my XUV 700 AX7 D AT is already equipped with those. Want to put the camera mainly for the safety aspect of it - like having proof of some idiot coming from the wrong side and hitting.
Thanks.
Old 1st April 2024, 23:34   #5154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Hi Team.
Can you suggest a front dashcam which can be easily mounted and unmounted from its fixing bracket repeatedly?
Thanks.
DDPAI Mola N3 will satisfy both conditions. It has a fixed windshield mount base and detachable camera. It is also supercapacitor based.
MSAneesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 13:38   #5155
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

I am looking for a dual dashcam (4k front and fhd rear) for my Creta. The budget is around 15k. I am going through redtiger, 70mai810 and few others.

Today only, I came to know about Woodman dashcam. They have this model providing 4k recording at front and fhd at rear. They are offering it at 10,199 + hardwire kit free as an introductory offer.

Has anyone from the forum installed and using a Woodman dashcam? If yes, can someone please share the experience and how it performs?
Old 2nd April 2024, 19:08   #5156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya_ip View Post
Hello BHPians,

I am looking for a dual dashcam (4k front and fhd rear) for my Creta. The budget is around 15k. I am going through redtiger, 70mai810 and few others.

Today only, I came to know about Woodman dashcam. They have this model providing 4k recording at front and fhd at rear. They are offering it at 10,199 + hardwire kit free as an introductory offer.

Has anyone from the forum installed and using a Woodman dashcam? If yes, can someone please share the experience and how it performs?
Please avoid anything from woodman like the plague. There are many complaints about their android hu. I too got one, and whenever I raised a complaint, they simply "rectified" the issue over a video call, only for it to reoccur in a few weeks. Several requests to replace the device during warranty were only responded with video calls, fixing the issue usually by a device reset. You can find plenty of complaints against them (including faking device specs)online.
JoaTMoN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 19:47   #5157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
Please avoid anything from woodman like the plague. There are many complaints about their android hu. I too got one, and whenever I raised a complaint, they simply "rectified" the issue over a video call, only for it to reoccur in a few weeks. Several requests to replace the device during warranty were only responded with video calls, fixing the issue usually by a device reset. You can find plenty of complaints against them (including faking device specs)online.
Thanks for the inputs. Must be horrible experience for you

I too had read about their android car music systems and how they fake the android version and RAM size. So it's better to avoid such manufacturers.
satya_ip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 20:22   #5158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
DDPAI Mola N3 will satisfy both conditions. It has a fixed windshield mount base and detachable camera. It is also supercapacitor based.
Thanks.
Unfortunately the N3 is out of stock on both amazon and nexdigitron, but thanks for the lead that the ddpai range is based on supercap. So after some search, have finalized on ddpai mini pro with the suction mount bracket from nexdigitron. Will get them soon.
Old 2nd April 2024, 23:13   #5159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Thanks.
Unfortunately the N3 is out of stock on both amazon and nexdigitron, but thanks for the lead that the ddpai range is based on supercap. So after some search, have finalized on ddpai mini pro with the suction mount bracket from nexdigitron. Will get them soon.
You should try getting DDPAI dash cams directly off of their global website. Shipping is taken care of, and that includes all customs duty as well. That's how we got our Mola N3 Pro, worked out a couple of thousands cheaper than Indian websites(also bought their hardwiring kit).
CzechItaliaMoto is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 15:07   #5160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignaneswar View Post

Miofive 4K dual Dashcam Review: Close to Perfection

Hope you guys enjoyed my review. Please, comment if you would like to know more about this product.
Hey, Nice Review there. I am also on the lookout for a Dashcam and was considering Viofo A229 Plus and 70mai, leaning more towards Viofo. Added Miofive into the mix now. I see they are a new entrant in India, but have been operating in Global markets for some time.

Am unable to PM you as it's not enabled for you yet it seems. So, posting here few queries that i had:

Did you consider the Viofo and how does it fare against it? How is the build quality holding up, as you have been using it for 3+ months now? Have you hardwired it or connected to 12V Socket? Is this clarity using any CPL Filter or without it? Any other Cons for this Dashcam?

It does look promising but am a bit wary about After Sales Support, they being a new entrant.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks