Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2006, 00:16   #46
Senior - BHPian

JK what about using a PA275 to power his sub?? You've been using one if I remember correctly and maybe you can suggest price & performance.
Old 25th July 2006, 06:26   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
JK what about using a PA275 to power his sub?? You've been using one if I remember correctly and maybe you can suggest price & performance.
Well, simple. 260W @ 4ohm @ 4kINR . Tough to beat that. and you should see this amp to believe it size.
Old 25th July 2006, 10:01   #48
Team-BHP Support

30K...for system less HU.
I'd use 10K for the speakers, 12K on 2 amps, and 8K for a 12" box sub.
Now does the Civic HU have multiple pre outs?
I am not about to go an butcher the Civic Dash. It is more diffcult to retrofit a HU in thie Civic that the Corolla. If you want to change the HU the best guys to ask are Honda, Installer.com and Crutchfield. This product shown in the links below might not work but to adapt a 3rd party Hu you will need something that looks like this.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-UyL85uh...00&I=120997860

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-UyL85uh...0&I=003HONK809

http://www.installer.com/item/displa...php?it=99-7899
Old 25th July 2006, 14:32   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by iraghavaJK what about using a PA275 to power his sub?? You've been using one if I remember correctly and maybe you can suggest price & performance. Well, simple. 260W @ 4ohm @ 4kINR . Tough to beat that. and you should see this amp to believe it size
JK, which company is this? And how is the SQ?
Which Sub are you using it along with?
Old 25th July 2006, 14:46   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677
JK, which company is this? And how is the SQ?
Which Sub are you using it along with?
ST - This is by Blaupunkt model PA275. Full details of JK's system can be checked out by clicking on the link in his signature.
Old 25th July 2006, 15:30   #51
Team-BHP Support

the 275 is from Blaupunkt. they are great VFM when bridged to drive subwoofers but are rare to find.
Old 26th July 2006, 22:15   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
I too think that's the case JK. When I had TD'ed the car it seemed that the unit was integrated with the dashboard. Maybe one of the Guru's would be able to elaborate better.

And waise bhi if you can't remove the HU there's a simpler solution. Simply call the chap from Mumbai who did the install in the SL55 and he will install a nice Pioneer in the glove box!!Lafde ki koi baat hi nahin hai!!!
can someone enlighten abt the HU in Civic?

I am very happy withteh PA275. Gunbir recommended the amp and I ended up buyign 5 of those for fellow nut cases at TBHP ICE section.

and my JBL GTO1000B is fed with it. BOOOOMMMMM BOOOOOOMMMMM
Old 26th July 2006, 22:34   #53
Senior - BHPian

... I got me one of those lying idle... Wonder if Navin ever got around to installing his pair... NAvin... your feedback pls...
Old 24th August 2006, 22:57   #54
Senior - BHPian

Went to Soundfactor today.

Preetam said that there is nothing much which can be done, except changing the speakers, as the system, like Accord does not have line out!

He was not aware about the high to line converter or the high level input amps.

I checked with Honda Dealer also and they are also clueless about it. They say they are waiting for Honda to share the technical details.

Has anyone done an ICE install on Honda Civic? If yes can you please send me the details of installation?

Also, can someone guide me on where can I get Pioneer D510 amp in Bangalore.
Old 24th August 2006, 23:14   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
the 275 is from Blaupunkt. they are great VFM when bridged to drive subwoofers but are rare to find.
Sadly, it is extinct now. I can't find any around any longer and I sold off the last of my 100 odd about 3 months ago.

I have a couple that were drowned last year, but there is no chance of reviving them for the lack of the Tripath Chip, TA4165 if my memory serves me right.

Sob!
Old 24th August 2006, 23:30   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went to Soundfactor today.

Preetam said that there is nothing much which can be done, except changing the speakers, as the system, like Accord does not have line out!
I have several installs where I have stuffed whole single-din head units lock stock and barrel into the lower storage compartment of the Accord (below the stock HU, just over the cigarette lighter). It's a surgical process, not for the weak hearted. But once it's done, it looks as good as ..well, not new exactly, but people can't tell it was a nip&tuck job. The compartment lid also closes as it would normally.

Also, in all installs, the stock head unit's functionality was fully retained by connecting it to the aftermarket head unit's aux-in using a line-output converter.

Quote:
He was not aware about the high to line converter or the high level input amps.
Can you ask him if he's aware of amps that have high-level a.k.a. speaker level inputs?

Quote:
I checked with Honda Dealer also and they are also clueless about it. They say they are waiting for Honda to share the technical details.
Ok, you can call me Hond-a. James Hond-a!

Quote:
Has anyone done an ICE install on Honda Civic? If yes can you please send me the details of installation?
What details do you want? The guys at Alpine have provided the head unit, but it wont have full functionality unless you buy a kit for Rs. 7000/- that plugs into the back of the head unit and gives you pre-outs.

Quote:
Also, can someone guide me on where can I get Pioneer D510 amp in Bangalore.
That JC Road or something that you guys got?
Old 24th August 2006, 23:34   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
I have several installs where I have stuffed whole single-din head units lock stock and barrel into the lower storage compartment of the Accord (below the stock HU, just over the cigarette lighter). It's a surgical process, not for the weak hearted. But once it's done, it looks as good as ..well, not new exactly, but people can't tell it was a nip&tuck job. The compartment lid also closes as it would normally.

Also, in all installs, the stock head unit's functionality was fully retained by connecting it to the aftermarket head unit's aux-in using a line-output converter.
Great idea!!! would like to see a pic of those install!
Really a goos effort if you can do fit in the HU there and still close the compartment lid. X10!
Old 25th August 2006, 00:20   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Great idea!!! would like to see a pic of those install!
Really a goos effort if you can do fit in the HU there and still close the compartment lid.
Actually it can be done this way too... no modifications were made here. only the removable pocket was removed and a custom DIN plate was installed there (without any cuts, mods etc).

As B&T said, the OE stereo outputs to a LOC which in turn feeds the Aux in on the Sony DVD HU, which in turn outputs via preouts to the amps. Pic courtesy one of Autopsyche's Accord jobs, features a Hertz Space and Audison LRx setup.

Last edited by gunbir : 25th August 2006 at 00:22.
Old 25th August 2006, 00:26   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Actually it can be done this way too... no modifications were made here. only the removable pocket was removed and a custom DIN plate was installed there (without any cuts, mods etc).
Oh yeah, that's cool too.

In my mod, only the compartment is cut, nothing else. So you either cut it or discard it completely. I have somehow had blokes who wanted to retain the lid-closing functionality, and wanted the car to look stock in front.
Old 25th August 2006, 00:32   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
That JC Road or something that you guys got?
Looks like JC rd's becoming infamous... just like lamington road and milan subway.. ehehe

but yeah st7677, you would not have a problem finding the amplifier on mission road / jc road shops... If you need I will try and get you some leads over the weekend.

Most Viewed