Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2006, 00:32   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The head unit of the Civic is similar to the kind found in the Accord. No pre-outs, so there's no point reaching behind it, which in itself is a painful procedure. So you will need to get line-out converters, or use an amp with high-level inputs, if that's the upgrade you have in mind
Yes this is what I have in Mind- to connect 2 amps -one for sub and one for speakers.

You mean to say that these line out convertors can be installed any where between the HU and the speakers?

Does this also mean that for Sub, the convertor can be placed just before the rear speakers and from there an RCA can take over?
Old 26th August 2006, 02:38   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677
You mean to say that these line out convertors can be installed any where between the HU and the speakers?

Does this also mean that for Sub, the convertor can be placed just before the rear speakers and from there an RCA can take over?
Yes, thats precisely what it means. Though I would rather use an amp that accepts high level inputs. That way you dont need the LOCs, and that money can go into buying a good 5ch amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
very good stealth install partner........keep it up...100% fine work......
LBM, an install that has 4 speakers in plain view in a custom parcel shelf cant be called a "stealth install". The term "Stealth Install" would imply the whole install looks stock. The HU is however "stealthily" done as said by Zak.

Quote:
also I will talk about the area in which I live in like ncr region I have not seen this type of install thats why I said.....this type of intectuall work I have not seen in delhi till now.
Hmm... you dont get out much... do you?

Last edited by gunbir : 26th August 2006 at 02:51.
Old 26th August 2006, 09:44   #78
Senior - BHPian

are bhai logo bus I am sorry the above is a bull**** install all the good install are done here in delhi only.......

(B&T partner you can understand my problem.....)
Old 26th August 2006, 09:48   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
Well i sure hope that now you will put your intellect to good use and come up with some stealth installs for your car! Then we can boast about our very own low bass makkkker in ncr.
no no I could not finish my own install till now what will I do in other cars.....If some body who wants a good install in his car I will reffer to you directly....and will tell ur the best in the ncr region as you are the BEST........
Old 26th August 2006, 09:57   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
LBM, an install that has 4 speakers in plain view in a custom parcel shelf cant be called a "stealth install". The term "Stealth Install" would imply the whole install looks stock. The HU is however "stealthily" done as said by Zak.
i am talking of the hu is installed in a very good manner or we can say a stealthily installed HU.........

The HU is however "stealthily" done as said by Zak.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/280689-post65.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/280760-post67.html

the install is a stealth install was said by me first not by zak man....phaaji raat bahut ho ge , need bahut aa rahe ho ge tabhe hamare post miss ho gaye hoge.......

Ok phaaji will be meeting at the meat for further discussion about some good installing locations......
Old 26th August 2006, 12:11   #81
BANNED

Guyz!!!
ST7677 is still asking some questions!
And Gunbir's suggestion seems nice. It'll be better to get a 5 channel amp.
Old 26th August 2006, 12:22   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
no no I could not finish my own install till now what will I do in other cars.....If some body who wants a good install in his car I will reffer to you directly....and will tell ur the best in the ncr region as you are the BEST........
Dude, please read my post again, i said YOUR car, not other's...moreover im not an audio expert so you dont have to refer them to me, there are plenty of people in ncr who do such work.

PS: As gunbir said, you really should start going out
Old 26th August 2006, 12:26   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
PS: As gunbir said, you really should start going out
so would be meeting tomm at the meat......
Old 26th August 2006, 12:31   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes this is what I have in Mind- to connect 2 amps -one for sub and one for speakers.

if u take two amps one for speakers and other for the sub then I would recommend to buy new speakers also as the stock speakers would do no justice......

the line converter can be wired anywhere between the hu and the speaker.

if u are going only for the sub u can wire the converter with the rear speaker directly and then give the rca to the amp there itself in the boot....no need to open up the hu or any thing in the front.....
Old 26th August 2006, 13:38   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

the install is a stealth install was said by me first not by zak man....phaaji raat bahut ho ge , need bahut aa rahe ho ge tabhe hamare post miss ho gaye hoge.......
LBM, I can think straight all 24 hours, par subhe subhe aapki waat kyon lagi hui hai...

Read my post again, I clearly said, you used the term "stealth install" which is incorrect and I also refered to Zak's use of the words "stealthily installed" to be a more apt description.

Quote:
are bhai logo bus I am sorry the above is a bull**** install all the good install are done here in delhi only.......(B&T partner you can understand my problem.....)
And please dont twist anyones words into ths Delhi Vs Mumbai crap that you posted... Nobody said or implied that one is better than the other. You said such installs are not to be seen in Delhi NCR and we pointed out that they are indeed around, its just that YOU havent seen them.

See you at the meet...

Last edited by gunbir : 26th August 2006 at 13:42.
Old 26th August 2006, 15:09   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I didn't try to point out the parcel tray, it just happens to be there because the picture was taken that way. I took those pictures myself a couple of years ago. I have no access to the car now to take new pictures. I don't have any other pics of any other car where I sent the cap there, and I'm a really bad photographer with a really bad camera-phone. LBM's skills in that department beat me hands down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Pray may I ask why do you need to access the cap?
Like LBM mentioned, it's just for looking at the voltage reading (if you need to do it, the client said he would like to, and most importantly, that's his car not mine) without having to exit the car and open the trunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I'd rather have a nice bitwise headphone amp and a pair of Beyer/AKG/Senns etc..
Sir, that capacitor is not in the compartment that forms when the arm-rest is pulled out. It's in a cavity formed in the back of the subwoofer enclosure sitting in the trunk. If you put a headphone and a headphone amp in there, the arm-rest wouldn't close. If you want to make a big enough cavity in the back of the subwoofer enclosure, you could have a fridge and some beverages. (Actually, I like that idea)

Stealth wasn't intended for the parcel shelf. The client wanted to show off the speakers. In fact that caused some extra mods to be incorporated because there was a keyhole under the custom-made, parcel-shelf. I would be merry popping in stuff in the stock locations.

Only the dash was kept clean and stealth. The female RCA pins etc would have looked sore sticking out all the while, I thought.

Quote:
B&T partner you can understand my problem
I don't even know why there is a problem. I mean, someone asked what the head unit possibilities for a Honda Accord are, and yet another asked me to substantiate my claims with pictures. So, I did that. It just means it's possible. I never said 'stealth' or whatever although the front is 'clean' (I hope!)

With the picture of the cap, I tried to highlight a space in the Accord that can perhaps be used (and maybe Navin WILL pop in some headphone gear there), so that it would be useful to someone, not to get into a Delhi v/s rest of India debate.

At the same time, I honestly agree and accept that this is nowhere near a super top-notch looking installation (I have to be a real egghead to say that it is!), and many other across India ARE doing better. And, that is good news! What's the issue? I know it sounds good so I'm happy, the customer got what he wanted so he's happy, and I got paid (that makes everyone happy!) that's all that mattered to me.

Quote:
The best bet is to use amps with high-level inputs. Many amps have this feature. And it's not necessary to tap the speaker wire line from behind the head unit only, you can take it from where the speaker is installed or anywhere mid-way as convenient. The advantage with this is that you don't have to make some careful adjustments.

There is no problem even with using a line-output converter. If you're using a 20+20 watt capable converter then there isn't much to worry about. If the converter is a cheap basic 5w+5w type, the disadvantage is that you will have to keep the volume low on the head unit and compensate for the lower signal level with higher gain on the amplifier. So this restricts the number of volume steps that will be usable.

Quote:
Yes. But the better option is to use the line-out available on most amps. So use the line out on the speaker amp to connect to another amp which is powering the subs.
Old 26th August 2006, 15:12   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
LBM, I can think straight all 24 hours, par subhe subhe aapki waat kyon lagi hui hai...
Now this is 100% pure love. Unadulterated. Nothing stealth about it.

I think this has some sinister underlying message beyond what is evident to the naked eye and mind.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 26th August 2006 at 15:13.
Old 26th August 2006, 15:25   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
I think this has some sinister underlying message beyond what is evident to the naked eye and mind.
Yes and that message is, LBM loves you and wants to have your bass&trouble_makking_kids_that_run_around_with_DMM s_and_cameras...
Old 26th August 2006, 20:46   #89
Senior - BHPian

St7677-you are welcome to check out the audio on my swift anytime.Its a budget system with the sub+amp and all.Basically it will give you an idea of how a sub sounds in a sealed enclosure.But,I cannot and wont give you any advice coz Im not all that well versed with the topic of ice.

Just come,listen,observe(quality and bass) and enjoy.Pm me if you're interested

binz
Old 27th August 2006, 11:23   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. But the better option is to use the line-out available on most amps. So use the line out on the speaker amp to connect to another amp which is powering the subs.
Thanks B&T, your advice has been really very helpful!

Folks,
I intend to put up a 4 channel amp (not decided yet) and with that connect Pioneer D510 for the subwoofer.

With that should I go for one JBL 15" SVC or two Pioneer 12" DVC?
(JBL 15" DVC not available).
I guess both options would cost around same.
Is there any other bang for the buck subwoofer recommended?

I intend to go for sealed enclosure to save space and have removable sub boxes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks