Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2006, 09:51   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrajeshkumar
[COLOR=#0000ff]Infinity Kappa 63.7i[/COLOR] 6-1/2" 3-way Speakers
$199.99
Why not components?

I'd look at the Infinity 6010cs or Alpine SPS171A or Polk db6500.

if you are considering importing coax speakers then another model worth considering is the JBL Power P652 (along with the kappa 62.7, Alpine SPR17LP and polk mmc650).
Old 3rd August 2006, 09:57   #47
BANNED

Same question come into mind: Why no components?
You have to get components for the front and do some justice to your audio setup.
Old 3rd August 2006, 09:58   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph
Hi Folks

Based on the suggestion/advise on this thread, i have identified the following:
1. JBL GTO607C - 160mm (6-1/2") 2-way component system (2 ohms)
2. JBL GTO627 - 6-1/2" 2-Way Loudspeaker (2 ohms)
3. JBL CSO60.4 II - 145 Watt 4-Channel amplifier -
4. Hertz HBX 300 DS sub - 4+4 ohms
5. Havent identified the amp for the sub yet.. any suggestions ?

Also some more questions:
1. Is it necessary to isolate the music power connections from the rest of the electrical circuits in the car ? How is this done.
2. Can the sub be installed in a manner which makes it detachable, just in case i need the additional boot space temporarily.
3. Any suggestions for the amp for the sub are welcome
4. Since the 4 channel amp has only 145W and each speaker has a RMS rating of 50-60W, so 4 speakers would be 200-240W. Is that a problem?
5. Is any kind of filter required to isolate the low end from the COAX and the Comps (since they should be going to the sub) or does the amp take care of that?
6. How much does each cost and are they available in Mumbai ?
7. And finally the big question, give me the name/address of some good installers in Mumbai.

Thanks guys
For the Sub the Pioneer D510 would do. you can always remove the sub box.; I used to use an industrial connector for this purpose but I assume a XLR from Neutrik will do just as well.

if you am has a HPF it can be used to ensure that the coax speakers dont get to see the very low freq. i would suggest 80Hz/12db as you are using 6" speakers in the front and rear.

dont worry aboiut amp power the 60.4 will suffice unless you intend to part your hair in which can you can visit LBM's car (please carry hearing protection though). :-)

Cost is Sam's dept as mos of the stuff you have chosen is JBL. where in mumbai are you. I find most installers will do a good job if YOU expect and demand the same from them. If they know you are informed they will behave. I have never had issues with any installer in Mumbai.
Old 3rd August 2006, 10:33   #49
BHPian

Thanks navin. The updated list now looks like this:
1. JBL GTO607C - 160mm (6-1/2") 2-way component system (2 ohms)
2. JBL GTO627 - 6-1/2" 2-Way Loudspeaker (2 ohms)
3. JBL CSO60.4 II - 145 Watt 4-Channel amplifier -
4. Hertz HBX 300 DS sub - 4+4 ohms
5. Pioneer GM-D510M - 1000W Max Class-D Mono Amplifier
6. Additional items like wires, Filters etc

My questions never cease to end do they ??
1. Is there any branded or known filter (HPF) for connecting between the amp and COMps and amp and Coax or do i rely on the installer to provide the appropriate filter. What about wires any special tips for choosing the right one ??
2. Is it necessary to isolate the music power connections from the rest of the electrical circuits in the car ? How is this done.

I stay in Mulund-w. I am worried about the quality of the installers, the last i did was about 4 years back for my Palio and it was a disaster, there were wires cut left right and centre, the wires passing thru was exposed or hanging around, basically a very shoddy job. Thats why i need the names of a installer that you have been to and trust.

Thanks
Old 3rd August 2006, 10:56   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Is there any branded or known filter (HPF) for connecting between the amp and COMps and amp and Coax or do i rely on the installer to provide the appropriate filter. What about wires any special tips for choosing the right one ??
2. Is it necessary to isolate the music power connections from the rest of the electrical circuits in the car ? How is this done.

I stay in Mulund-w. I am worried about the quality of the installers, the last i did was about 4 years back for my Palio and it was a disaster, there were wires cut left right and centre, the wires passing thru was exposed or hanging around, basically a very shoddy job. Thats why i need the names of a installer that you have been to and trust.
Try FM Drive in Juhu (I think)... I have seen his work in Tools car and was reasonably impressed. Call Pankaj bhai at 9821012333.

As for HPF, Your HU will probably have that. And your amp should also have that. Usually on your amp you should be able to select the filter for a pair of channels as HPF/FLAT/LPF. If you are using the HU to do HPF, then on the amp you will select FLAT. If your HU doesnt have HPF/LPF then on your amp you will select the appropriate filter and frequency.

As for wiring, try to route power cables from one side of the car (say left) and interconnects etc from the other side (right)
Old 3rd August 2006, 13:47   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Try FM Drive in Juhu (I think)... I have seen his work in Tools car and was reasonably impressed. Call Pankaj bhai at 9821012333.
FM Drive is at Santacruz, off Linking Road.

Contact details are as mentioned above. Really nice guy for installations. Does a great job.
Old 3rd August 2006, 15:29   #52
BHPian

folks on last thing to be decided, the HU.. noticed a discussison on Pioneer 8850 and 8650 with most recommending the 8850 but I am not sure whats the best bet for the combination i have selected. Any suggestions as far as my requirements go, it should be able to play mp3 and AAC.
Old 3rd August 2006, 17:02   #53
BHPian

And ofcourse it must have very good FM reception also ?
Old 3rd August 2006, 17:13   #54
Senior - BHPian

I think I recommend 8850 as i myself is using it the 8650 has little low and highs extra when compared to 8850 i have heard both of the hu . I will still recommend the 8850
Old 3rd August 2006, 17:33   #55
BHPian

Just curious, but are pioneers that good as compared to Kenwood or Alpine or Sony??
Old 3rd August 2006, 17:39   #56
Senior - BHPian

i like them in this order
1) pioneer alpine
2) kenwood
3) sony

rest ever person has a difference taste of listening
Old 3rd August 2006, 17:49   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
folks on last thing to be decided, the HU.. noticed a discussison on Pioneer 8850 and 8650 with most recommending the 8850 but I am not sure whats the best bet for the combination i have selected. Any suggestions as far as my requirements go, it should be able to play mp3 and AAC.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...vs-8850-a.html
Old 3rd August 2006, 20:47   #58
BHPian

Hi Navin,
You may be right. I checked out the prices, if i go for Amplifier & subs would cost me lot of money right now really running out of cash. Want to get stuffs but my credit card statement says no:(. May go for a upgrade 6 later. So thought of going for a Good HU & decent speaker. Going to get things from http://www.crutchfield.com Please suggest me now what exactly can i go for.

Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Why not components?

I'd look at the Infinity 6010cs or Alpine SPS171A or Polk db6500.

if you are considering importing coax speakers then another model worth considering is the JBL Power P652 (along with the kappa 62.7, Alpine SPR17LP and polk mmc650).
Old 3rd August 2006, 21:38   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrajeshkumar
So thought of going for a Good HU & decent speaker. Going to get things from http://www.crutchfield.com Please suggest me now what exactly can i go for.Thanks a lot!
what's your budget. what do you listen to. what are considering importing and what will you get locally (what can your friends and relatives carry).
Old 3rd August 2006, 22:59   #60
BHPian

My budget is around 300$. Planning to import only the speakers. HU i will get locally. Though I listen to all kind of music, but mostly soft musics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
what's your budget. what do you listen to. what are considering importing and what will you get locally (what can your friends and relatives carry).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks