Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2006, 23:26   #61
Senior - BHPian

why import when u can buy every thing locally ......

anyway what is ur mood in speakers which one u wanna buy.....
Old 4th August 2006, 07:05   #62
BHPian

There are really many good Bhpians who really help other Bhpians. There where some people give useless comments and hurt people, i really dont know what there intention all about. If they stay away from this good forums would be good, make this forum real successful. This is really have no intention of hurting anyone. if it would have hurt someone, really feel sorry for that.
Old 4th August 2006, 10:43   #63
BHPian

$300 just for speakers is indeed very good budget.
Go for focal,infinty kappa series or polk momo series.

Quote:
There are really many good Bhpians who really help other Bhpians. There where some people give useless comments and hurt people, i really dont know what there intention all about. If they stay away from this good forums would be good, make this forum real successful. This is really have no intention of hurting anyone. if it would have hurt someone, really feel sorry for that.
what happened rajesh?I dont think if someone said anything bad to u.
And if someone can bring it for u from states,buy from there only.
There r many other ways we can help our politicians to spend our taxpayers money their way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBM
why import when u can buy every thing locally ......

anyway what is ur mood in speakers which one u wanna buy.....
Did u buy ur iridium locally.........LBM veer!!!!!!

Last edited by rsjaurr : 4th August 2006 at 10:48.
Old 4th August 2006, 10:59   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrajeshkumar
Alpine SPS-17C2 6-1/2" 2-way Car Speakers
Infinity Reference 6012si 6-1/2"Shallow 2-way Speakers
Pioneer TS-A1681R 6-1/2" 4-Way Speakers
Polk Audio db 650 6-1/2" 2-way Speaker
JBL GTO637 6-1/2" 3-Way Speakers
Infinity Kappa 62.7i 6-1/2" 2-way Speakers
Infinity Kappa 63.7i 6-1/2" 3-way Speakers
rajesh from the post i can see that u have a swift. the speakers above u have listed all are coax. i would prefer that u dont go for them any of them i would say that go for a componet kit in the front with tweeter on the dash. also in the above list there are some 2 ohms model so if u plan to run it from the hu itself it can be a problem becasue the hu are only recommend for 4 ohms .......hope this will clear ur doubts

ur budget is 300 dollars get a 100 dollar for rear and 200 for the front componet kit

and again i will say get the speakers from india it will be cheaper and u can listen to them and decided like navin ji says which one is better......

veer dont ask this question ... leave it a mystery.....

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 4th August 2006 at 11:12.
Old 4th August 2006, 11:09   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrajeshkumar
My budget is around 300$. Planning to import only the speakers. HU i will get locally. Though I listen to all kind of music, but mostly soft musics...
Why? I think you might get better value if you do the reverse. Import the HU and get speakers locally. besides 2 pairs of speakers are bulkier than a HU.
Old 4th August 2006, 13:56   #66
BHPian

Folks just another question.. i was browsing thru the JBL and infinity websites and found that the price difference between a 6 channel amp and a 4 channel amp is only about $100 (unfortunately no mention of indian prices anywhere). So I wondering isnt it more economical to buy a 6 channel amp (eg: JBL GTO755.6 II - 560 Watt 6-Channel Power Amplifier ) and use 4 channels to power the front and rear speakers and then use the remaining 2 channels in bridge mode to power the SUB. ??
Old 4th August 2006, 14:51   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph
Folks just another question.. i was browsing thru the JBL and infinity websites and found that the price difference between a 6 channel amp and a 4 channel amp is only about $100 (unfortunately no mention of indian prices anywhere). So I wondering isnt it more economical to buy a 6 channel amp (eg: JBL GTO755.6 II - 560 Watt 6-Channel Power Amplifier ) and use 4 channels to power the front and rear speakers and then use the remaining 2 channels in bridge mode to power the SUB. ??
A 5 ch/ 6 ch amp would be good option, I haven't seen the model you describe in stores somehow though.
Old 4th August 2006, 15:41   #68
BHPian

There had to be a catch somewhere.. :-) Availability... forgot about that

Sam i understand that your are the JBL/Infinity man. any ideas if this model is available in India and how much does it cost as compared to JBL GTO75.4 II.
Old 4th August 2006, 16:11   #69
BHPian

hey folks how important is damping ?? The thing is expensive.. I noticed on another thread in this forum the following costs posted by Gunbir:

"I think you will need at least 2 sheets (Rs 1250 each) of the high end Wurth damping for your boot area.
For your doors to do a 3 stage damping you will need around 20 sheets of AZcomp Fonomat (Rs 220 each) per front door!
Say another 10 for each rear door. Add to that FonoGel (Rs 2440 per can) where required.
"

that works out to 14K
Old 4th August 2006, 16:19   #70
Senior - BHPian

Jinu - LBM's setup is a very freakishly high-end setup dedicated to achieving only one goal - SPL. As a result the car has much more vibrations/body panel rattles than a normal setup like yours & thus it needs to be damped much more extensively.

I doubt you would be needing much damping in your setup if any at all. Gunbir would be able to advise you best about it.

P.S. If you compare the total cost of LBM's setup vis-a-vis the outlined budget for damping it's just a small drop in the ocean!!
Old 4th August 2006, 16:33   #71
BHPian

Thanks IR that is a comforting though and the good news is i have upped my budget to 40K by giving up on some other accessories like Alloy Wheels .. hopefully now i should be able to afford the setup. Just waiting for Sam to get back with the costs.
Old 4th August 2006, 16:42   #72
Senior - BHPian

Can you post your final setup again? I think other people would also be able to give you a fair idea of the prices.

P.S. 40k is a pretty decent budget!

And YAY another increased budget in the ICE section

Last edited by iraghava : 4th August 2006 at 16:43.
Old 4th August 2006, 17:06   #73
BHPian

My proposed config is like this
1. JBL GTO607C - 160mm (6-1/2") 2-way component system - 2 ohms - 70 Watts - 55Hz - 21kHz
2. JBL GTO627 - 6-1/2" 2-Way Loudspeaker (2 ohms)
3. JBL GTO1204BP Single 12" Bandpass Enclosure with built-in LED illumination.
4. JBL GTO75.4 II - 520 Watt 4-Channel Power Amplifier
5. JBL CS300.1 Mono Subwoofer Amplifier
OR
JBL GTO755.6 II - 560 Watt 6-Channel Power Amplifier (Instead of 4 and 5)

While this is the configuration I think I will go with, i would have liked to go with the configuration below:

1. Infinity Kappa KAPPA60.7CS - Component
2. Infinity Kappa KAPPA62.7I - Coax
3. GTO1204BP Single 12" Bandpass Enclosure with built-in LED illumination.
4. Infinity Reference REF7541A 520 Watt 4-channel amplifier
5. Infinity Reference REF311A 300 Watt Subwoofer Amplifier
OR
Infinity Reference REF5761A 560 Watt 6-Channel Power Amplifier (instead of 4 and 5)

I still havent decided on a HU too many conflicting opinions.

Last edited by jinu_joseph : 4th August 2006 at 17:09.
Old 4th August 2006, 18:36   #74
BHPian

Navin,
My plan is to get the Alpine HU from Europe. I checked out the prices, Alpine DVA 9861(play DVD) cost 350 Euro. And try to get speakers from US.

-Rajesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Why? I think you might get better value if you do the reverse. Import the HU and get speakers
locally. besides 2 pairs of speakers are bulkier than a HU.
Old 4th August 2006, 19:03   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph
hey folks how important is damping ?? The thing is expensive..
Damping is very important in some cars (like the Swift). Speedofreak has decent damping in his Swift. Ask him about the difference in sound before and after...

Usually, if you arent doing a BIG install (multiple amps, woofers) then in all probability you wont need much damping. Example, SK456's car has Rs 440 worth of damping...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks