Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2008, 20:49   #76
BHPian

Nickoo : Rattling is best rectified at source. So identify the source of the rattle and treat it. Thats it..
Old 31st March 2008, 22:10   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Though damping reduces rattling, it is more by way of the nip-and-tuck that takes place during applying damping.

If you facing rattling, like "a couple of small stones in a plastic bottle" type, have someone open the door pads and tape the lose cables and wires down. Also check if there is any play in the window winding mechanism and the latch / lock mechanism.

Once you have got these problems sorted out, you can invest in damping - which will reduce / remove the annoying buzzes, the squeaks and the trrrr's.
Hey DerAlte...thanks for the advice...but i have got the doors checked twice ...there isnt any kind of noise that you are reffering to...its more like the whole door vibrating...even though i have the components installed on the rings...i talked to my installer and he says that we need to dampen the doors...so i tried for dynamat...but thts pretty expensive affair...and then i came across Noise Kill(courtesy TBHP..)..and now i need someone to help me out ...tell me the place in and around Delhi from where i can get the stuff...
Anyone??
Old 1st April 2008, 10:44   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoo View Post
...and then i came across Noise Kill(courtesy TBHP..)..and now i need someone to help me out ...tell me the place in and around Delhi from where i can get the stuff...
Anyone??
At any "गोशाला". :-) Seriously contact Bass & Trouble, he represents Noise Kill and will guide you to it.
Old 1st April 2008, 12:01   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
At any "गोशाला". :-) Seriously contact Bass & Trouble, he represents Noise Kill and will guide you to it.
Hey Navin...seriously mate i tried at a Gaushala.but what they were giving was more for someone like.."Nazar Lagayenga Jutti Khayenga".types.just kidding dude.
Will get in touch with Bass & Trouble.
Thanks!!
Old 1st April 2008, 15:36   #80
BHPian

What kind of aluminium sheet do i need ?
Is it alright to use thin aluminium foil ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
thicker they will fall off, thinner they will will not work...best is 2mm IMHO along with thick aluminum sheet.
Old 1st April 2008, 15:55   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
What kind of aluminium sheet do i need ?
Is it alright to use thin aluminium foil ??
Aluminum foil is quite thin, one will need thicker sheet which will have weight.
Old 1st April 2008, 15:57   #82
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps LBM can explain better what he meant, but the alu foil on the conventional damping sheets like Noise Kill, Dynamat etc. would be more for aesthetics and protecting the damping material itself from environmental deterioration, than for any practical contribution to damping. May not be, also - only someone with a mech lab can figure out.

Ditto for the checkerboard pattern too.
Old 1st April 2008, 16:34   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
alu foil on the conventional damping sheets like Noise Kill, Dynamat etc. would be more for aesthetics and protecting the damping material itself from environmental deterioration, than for any practical contribution to damping. May not be, also - only someone with a mech lab can figure out.
Aluminum is too light to serve any damping. It might however serve as a moisture wall. the checkerboard pattern might serve to stiffen the aluminum (like corrugations do).
Old 1st April 2008, 19:34   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the alu foil on the conventional damping sheets like Noise Kill, Dynamat etc. would be more for aesthetics and protecting the damping material itself from environmental deterioration, than for any practical contribution to damping.
True.

The other reason for the Al is to keep it in a sheet form and keep it from lumping into a messy goo. This happens with the butyl ones. If you observe, most of the stiff asphalt based ones dont have this constraining layer or use some milder material like polythene.
Old 4th April 2008, 16:00   #85
Senior - BHPian

How is this material?-FR-XPE sheets, self adhesive? from-
Auto Roof Top Liners | Paramount XPE rolls & sheets | Thermal Insulation | Paramount XPE in India | Aeroflex Suppliers | Trocellene | Thermo break
Old 4th April 2008, 16:35   #86
BHPian

XPE strips are available, looks like foam tape. I think this is pretty much the same thing. But they are very light weight, and wont do much in terms of damping.

Gurus please correct me if im wrong.

Last edited by adityamunshi : 4th April 2008 at 16:37.
Old 6th April 2008, 11:03   #87
BHPian

Shrivz where are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
XPE strips are available, looks like foam tape. I think this is pretty much the same thing. But they are very light weight, and wont do much in terms of damping.

Gurus please correct me if im wrong.
Guys I have seen Shrivz get a neat damping done with some alternative 2-sided glue rubber, he got form his tyre wallah!

Hmm, he should be the best one to say where he got it form? what it was made off? what brand etc etc?
Old 7th April 2008, 10:47   #88
BHPian

Thanks Raghvinder aka...LBM for the stuff...hopefully will get it installed this weekend..will post the report and the pics!!
Old 12th April 2008, 19:06   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Raghvinder aka...LBM for the stuff...hopefully will get it installed this weekend..will post the report and the pics!!
hi folks...i got Noise Kill installed...well dit it myself..cos the installers here in Noida..are big time F**kers...i would say dampening is must if you are going for compos in the doors...believe me it makes a huge difference...
thanks Raghvinder for all the help cheers:!!
Old 12th April 2008, 23:32   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
..are big time F**kers
We do not tolerate adusive language on TBHP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks