Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2006, 15:39   #91
BHPian

Suprise ! Surprise

Both the mechanics at the accessory shop and the Hyundai service centre are saying that there is no horn relay at all!!

I don't know what is happening...is there a mismatch in the terminology we are using or what these guys are thinking? Is there any other term for the horn relay...the service centre guy was saying that there is a 10Amp fuse..thats all!

what to do now? Please help me guyz..
Old 5th September 2006, 15:48   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdXing
Both the mechanics at the accessory shop and the Hyundai service centre are saying that there is no horn relay at all!!..
see when you press your horn only a small current flows through that horn button. the current in the horn button energises a small electromagnet which attracts a larger metal contact that send current to the horn. Now the magnet and metal contact is called a relay.

hope this description can be used to jog th mechanic's memory.
Old 6th September 2006, 10:54   #93
BANNED

When your speakers are not working, get those horns to play some music. Hoot as much the way you want to the tunes of bonjovi or eagles. You may go local like Bappy too.
Old 6th September 2006, 11:02   #94
BHPian

Hi all,

I am still stuck up with this problem. I have a sony 504 amp now... can anyone tell me other amplifiers in the same budget? Has anyone heard of silicon amplifiers?
Old 6th September 2006, 11:45   #95
Team-BHP Support

Sony's 504 is an excellent VFM and also assured build quality. Why not try someone who is willing to listen like another Hyundai dealer?
Old 6th September 2006, 13:24   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Sony's 504 is an excellent VFM and also assured build quality. Why not try someone who is willing to listen like another Hyundai dealer?
navin, i think its 554 now. Also, look at teh 4.5k 4channel JVC.

At 6-7k look at Pio 6000/6100/6150.
Old 6th September 2006, 22:06   #97
Team-BHP Support

JK, ADxing already has the 504!
Old 6th September 2006, 22:57   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
JK, ADxing already has the 504!
oh

he wanted an upgrade and hence suggested the Pio. He can exchange it na? ( I did!)

Adxing; did u say Silicon? implants? no? phew!

and thers a relay; see another service guy.
Old 7th September 2006, 22:33   #99
BHPian

I changed the amp to Silicon....forget the brand (I searched this forum and there is one more guy using this amp)....its giving decent output, atleast as good as the sony...and that 'phat phat' sound is almost gone..SO I am happy...Next question is about setting up the amp correctly...

I have 4" GTO427 at front and 6*9 GTO937 at the rear..considering this , what should be the crossover setup (HPF/LPF/Flat and also the crossover frquency )for each of the front and rear ....currently for the front , I have set the crossover selector to HPF and the crossover frequency to 60HZ approx...FOr the rear, I have set the crossover switch to FLAT and frequency around 140HZ...is this setup fine ?please advice..

Also, I am using higher gains for the rear speaker and lower (almost half) for the fronts..I guess this is ok...what say?
Old 8th September 2006, 10:36   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdXing
I have 4" GTO427 at front and 6*9 GTO937 at the rear.......currently for the front , I have set the crossover selector to HPF and the crossover frequency to 60HZ approx...FOr the rear, I have set the crossover switch to FLAT and frequency around 140HZ...is this setup fine ?
the 4" can produce 60Hz albeit at low levels. I'd look at 80Hz/4th order. One reason I like HUs that allow XO control is that I can set the front to 40-50Hz when I am palying low levels and then switch to 80-100Hz when i want to LBM myself.

Your rears are 6x9 right? you dont have a sub right. Let the rear run fullrange. No need to HPF them.
Old 8th September 2006, 11:14   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
when I am palying low levels and then switch to 80-100Hz when i want to LBM myself.

good one navin ji.......
Old 8th September 2006, 11:19   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
when i want to LBM myself.

This is as good as it gets!!

LBM has been immortalised = A Legend
Old 8th September 2006, 11:25   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah

This is as good as it gets!!

LBM has been immortalised = A Legend
if thats not enough... somehow I always tend to read your id as low-bass-"makkar", interpreting the last word in hindi ... just kidding
Old 8th September 2006, 11:54   #104
BHPian

Quote:
the 4" can produce 60Hz albeit at low levels. I'd look at 80Hz/4th order. One reason I like HUs that allow XO control is that I can set the front to 40-50Hz when I am palying low levels and then switch to 80-100Hz when i want to LBM myself.

Your rears are 6x9 right? you dont have a sub right. Let the rear run fullrange. No need to HPF them.
Navinji,

Thanks for the reply.
Ya I have 6x9 JBLs at the rear and 4" JBLs at the front.

Can you explain in a more layman's terms?
Currently for setting the crossover for each of the front and rear speakers, I have 2 controls:

1> A switch which has 3 positions: LPF,FLAT and HPF. Currently, for front this is set to HPF. For rear its set to FLAT. Is this fine? I also want to know what will be the effect of changing the position of this switch.

2> There is a rotary control for setting the frequency from 40 to 160Hz (if i remember correctly). Now, for the front its arnd 60Hz and for the rear, its arnd 140Hz. Is this ok? What would be the effect of changing this frequency?

Now, the sound is pretty satisfacory, but all this is like a black box to me now. I would like exactly whats the effect of this LP?HPF switch and crossover frequency so that I can tune my system according to my liking.

And I don't mind a detailed explanation
Old 8th September 2006, 12:57   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s
if thats not enough... somehow I always tend to read your id as low-bass-"makkar", interpreting the last word in hindi ... just kidding
the double K is the bass effect....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks