Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2006, 13:24   #106
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s
if thats not enough... somehow I always tend to read your id as low-bass-"makkar", interpreting the last word in hindi ... just kidding
Pardon my hindi but what is a "makkar"? "Makkai" I'm told is corn. A punjabi friend's punjabi wife makes a nice dish using unleavened corn bread and spinach. Boy I am hungry.

Last edited by navin : 8th September 2006 at 13:26.
Old 8th September 2006, 13:29   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Pardon my hindi but what is a "makkar"? "Makkai" I'm told is corn. A punjabi friend's punjabi wife makes a nice dish using unleavened corn bread and spinach. Boy I am hungry.
Trust me, you don't want to eat a 'makkaar'. They are only eaten by people who own big cauldrons, wear a band of leaves around their waist, and have a bone through the septum of their nose as an ornament.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 8th September 2006 at 13:30.
Old 8th September 2006, 13:30   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdXing
1> A switch which has 3 positions: LPF,FLAT and HPF. Currently, for front this is set to HPF. For rear its set to FLAT. Is this fine? I also want to know what will be the effect of changing the position of this switch.

2> There is a rotary control for setting the frequency from 40 to 160Hz (if i remember correctly). Now, for the front its arnd 60Hz and for the rear, its arnd 140Hz. Is this ok? What would be the effect of changing this frequency?

Now, the sound is pretty satisfacory, but all this is like a black box to me now. I would like exactly whats the effect of this LP?HPF switch and crossover frequency so that I can tune my system according to my liking.

And I don't mind a detailed explanation
1> Perfect.
2> just set the front to 60 or 80 the rear is flat so the XO is not enabled.

LPF is Low Pass Filter - allows only low freq. through usually for SUBWOOFERs.
HPF is High Pass FIlter - allows only high frequencies through usually for midrange and tweeters.

Check out the audio glossary sticky
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...rminology.html
Old 8th September 2006, 13:32   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Trust me, you don't want to eat a 'makkaar'. They are only eaten by people who own big cauldrons, wear a band of leaves around their waist, and have a bone through the septum of their nose as an ornament.
You mean people like yourself? :-)

B&T "eating" LBM will put a whole new twist on your relationship.
Old 8th September 2006, 13:48   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I didn't want to make that very evident. I'm surprised however at the consistency with which you win these guessing games.

Anyway LBM doesn't need to worry, I like him too much to eat him.... or rather, I'd hate his DMM, Mobile Camera, Fuse holder, Wiring Kits, 3-way speakers etc. spoiling the flavor of my broth. I mean, I want a meal, not an electronics shop!

I would think Sam would make for some delicious morsels, but then the leftovers wouldn't fit my fridge. And I have no good use for shorts that big, unless I decide to go camping and realize I left home my tent.

And I wouldn't eat anyone from Delhi, cos I don't want to inherit a few hundred debtors just for a meal!

Guess who that leaves us with? (Hint, no it's not kb)
Old 8th September 2006, 14:47   #111
BHPian

Navin bhai, everything is crystal clear....actually the names itself like HPFLPF and crossover are pretty self-explanatory...but I am too engrossed nowadays writing code that I have forgotten all these simple things. Its hard to believe I was an electronics engg student some years back

Big thanks to all of you for helping me set up my car ICE!
MODs, u can close this thread.
Old 8th September 2006, 15:13   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think Sam's going to be very happy how things are turning out these days in the eyes forum...
Old 8th September 2006, 15:58   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hahahaha.... FDOMCBAFTROTFL (Fell Down Off My Chair, Broke A Floor Tile, Rolling On The Floor Laughing).

Navinji, that was a sly one (which I'm sure B&T got, but chose to drive around it) . Anyways, it was funny yet disgusting. Had to divert my mind before it painted a mental picture...

Quote:
And I wouldn't eat anyone from Delhi, cos I don't want to inherit a few hundred debtors just for a meal!
Umm, wha? who? B&T is that a dig at someone specific or is that the usual Mumbaikars "Dilliwalas are chors" drone.
Old 8th September 2006, 16:27   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guess who that leaves us with? (Hint, no it's not kb)
***GULP*** Romba Tanx!
Old 8th September 2006, 17:24   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
which I'm sure B&T got, but chose to drive around it
Yeah, no choice, had to drive around. He had erected a sign saying "Parking reserved for DL-XX-X-XXXX". Looked like it could take a small car like a Getz.
Old 8th September 2006, 18:00   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, no choice, had to drive around. He had erected a sign saying "Parking reserved for DL-XX-X-XXXX". Looked like it could take a small car like a Getz.
arrey where am I involved. If you are into "eating" LBM, more power to you. Enjoy...
Old 8th September 2006, 18:29   #117
BANNED

Fast guyz! Let's have some fun! (This thread seems like shutting shop)

We're expecting a patch up between LBM and B&T. Who all will be invited for the ceremony???
Old 8th September 2006, 18:30   #118
BHPian

U guys r crazy....keep it up

and where is iraghav now?Take out all about the initial query and rest is what should be in ICE section,which rather becomes very HOT sometime and we all love its HEAT.
Old 8th September 2006, 18:54   #119
Senior - BHPian

Doctor saaheb I'm right here watching all the pairing, marriage, honeymoon, little_bass_trouble_makkers & cannibalism happen in ICE!! This forum is nuts & that's the best thing about it 2 pages of discussion on-topic & 6 pages of discussion off-topic!!

Last edited by iraghava : 8th September 2006 at 18:59.
Old 8th September 2006, 19:02   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
We're expecting a patch up between LBM and B&T. Who all will be invited for the ceremony???
yaar logo what is this B&T are seperated nahi not till now and who is eating who what is this ??????

and navin ji the thing u must me saying is makki ke roti eatin with saag. it is a very delicoius dish a must have...if u drop by delhi I would surely arrange it for u ........B&T ur are also invited......
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks