Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2017, 22:58   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: ICE upgrade : Hyundai Creta

My suggestion for budget 4 channel amps would be the Powerbass 400.4 (which I'm using) and the Pioneer GM-D6704.

One of these amps with a set of components up front and coaxials at the rear would be a perfect start. Please avoid JBL speakers as I find them too bright. Another suggestion will be to go in for a 3 pre outs hu if at all you're changing that. This will give you the option to go in for a separate mono amp and a subwoofer.
Old 10th January 2017, 17:16   #47
BHPian

Did you mean A6704 ?
An HU upgrade will significantly increase the bill and won't be possible in the given budget.
Any suggestion for the speakers ?
Old 10th January 2017, 22:30   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrchhabra View Post
Did you mean A6704 ?
An HU upgrade will significantly increase the bill and won't be possible in the given budget.
Any suggestion for the speakers ?
Yes the GM-A6704.

Whats the max budget?
Old 10th January 2017, 22:34   #49
BHPian

The A6704 is 8.5k on Pioneer's India website so should be available for around 7.5 in the market. That leaves about 11 in my wallet (unfortunately). I was suggested alpine and rockford by the shopkeeper (according to my budget)
Old 10th January 2017, 22:37   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
My suggestion for budget 4 channel amps would be the Powerbass 400.4 (which I'm using) and the Pioneer GM-D6704.

One of these amps with a set of components up front and coaxials at the rear would be a perfect start. Please avoid JBL speakers as I find them too bright. Another suggestion will be to go in for a 3 pre outs hu if at all you're changing that. This will give you the option to go in for a separate mono amp and a subwoofer.

How much did the Powerbass 400.4 cost you ?
Old 11th January 2017, 00:50   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much did the Powerbass 400.4 cost you ?
6000 with 1 year warranty. Its very compact.
Old 11th January 2017, 01:11   #52
BHPian

Sir from where did you purchase it and would you recommend it over the Pioneer ?
Thank you
Old 11th January 2017, 14:01   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir from where did you purchase it and would you recommend it over the Pioneer ?
Thank you
The Pioneer is for 6200 with 2 years warranty at opera house.
Old 12th March 2017, 14:33   #54

Hello to BHPians, I have booked Creta SX variant and I am planning to upgrade ICE on it. Anyone have tried 8" or 10.2" Android based AVN head units ? Seeing quite a lot of variants from aliexpress and even from Megaaudio.in. Appreciate if anyone have attempted with any of these head units and would really appreciate if you can help to get some feedback and pictures of the install. Thanks, Geo.
Old 3rd July 2017, 19:09   #55
BHPian

Looks like people are satisfied with the head unit supplied with creta. there have been not many discussions on upgrades .
I was thinking of upgrading HU, replacing Front components and adding an AMP

Will changing the head unit ( was thinking of pioneer AVIC-F980BT) which is suggested by Pioneer website for creta be a worthy upgrade ?

That will give me apple car play and the annoying warning message will be gone too

I am concerned about the Maps which come with pioneer unit , car camera and steering remote integration, though pioneer claims that it is compliant..

Any thoughts ?
Old 24th September 2017, 21:29   #56
BANNED

Will be upgrading the ICE in my Creta SX (O) in a month or so post delivery.

Here's what'll go into the car:

OEM integration kit to connect to the Amp to HU
ICE upgrade : Hyundai Creta-screenshot_20170924204036_01.png

BOSS audio kit - 8 gauge Amplifier wiring kit
ICE upgrade : Hyundai Creta-screenshot_20170816113318.png

Rockford Fosgate Hi-Low Converter (RF-HLC4)
ICE upgrade : Hyundai Creta-screenshot_20170918001053_01.png

Polk db+ 652 - Coaxials
ICE upgrade : Hyundai Creta-img_20170730_0005361280x720.jpg

Polk db+ 6502 - Components
ICE upgrade : Hyundai Creta-img_20170729_2344011280x720.jpg

Hertz HCP 4 Amplifier (4 channel)
ICE upgrade : Hyundai Creta-dsc_0085.jpg

Will be damping the 4 doors using Dampmat Exceed (1 box which is around 36-38 feet costing ₹11,990).

Head Unit will remain stock.

I have already had this setup in my Swift ZDi for a while. Further details in the below link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ce-system.html
Old 26th May 2019, 23:38   #57
BHPian

ICE for Creta base model

Hello folks!

I'm going in for a Creta E Plus (E+) 1400cc diesel in the coming week.

It doesn't come with any ICE whatsoever. Earlier they had a double din system with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. Hyundai removed the head unit some time back but kept the speakers. Since March-April 2019, Hyundai removed the speakers as well. So as things remains such, I'm in market for ICEing this car.

Here is where it gets mind boggling as the options are abundant. There are the usual double din systems with DVD player. Then there are the new age double din systems with Android Auto and/or Apple Carplay. Then there are fully Android based 10.1 inch screen systems for Creta specifically which range from 12k(Chinese) to 30k(Blaupunkt Jamaica 970). These look like giant TV's slapped on the dashboard although their functionality is something which cannot be overlooked.

Then there's the question of speakers. 4 Coaxials or 2+2 Components and Coaxials or 4 components.
Apmlifier: 4 channel, 2 channel, mono?
Subwoofer!?!?!
I'd like to spend somewhere between 30-50k for the whole system including HU, Amp, Speakers and maybe a subwoofer too(sub is not a priority as of now).

My requirements aren't anything extraordinary. If i get the full android based system then i'll be happy, and if i get a universal system with Android Auto and Apple Carplay then that'll do as well. I wan't something that'd give an overall good experience and sound good(Good being a relative word here. Anything like the OEM higher variant Creta is fine)
Kindly guide me oh gurus!

Last edited by navin : 27th May 2019 at 14:51. Reason: several typos
Old 27th May 2019, 14:19   #58

Re: ICE for Creta base model

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakS View Post
Hello folks!
I'm going in for a Creta E Plus(E+) 1400cc diesel in the coming week.
It doesn't come with any ICE whatsoever. .... Anything like the OEM higher variant Creta is fine) Kindly guide me oh gurus!
Please check youtube. Creta is so popular, there are hundreds of videos. If you still need help, I am sure the good folks here will reply.
5hadow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 15:03   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakS View Post
Then there are fully Android based 10.1 inch screen systems for Creta specifically which range from 12k(Chinese) to 30k(Blaupunkt Jamaica 970). These look like giant TV's slapped on the dashboard although their functionality is something which cannot be overlooked.

Then there's the question of speakers. 4 Coaxials or 2+2 Components and Coaxials or 4 components.
Apmlifier: 4 channel, 2 channel, mono?
Subwoofer!?!?!

I'd like to spend somewhere between 30-50k for the whole system including HU, Amp, Speakers and maybe a subwoofer too(sub is not a priority as of now).
With a budget of 50k I would focus on a head unit that has all the features you want. Android Auto / Car Play systems start around 20k. Typically you will get a 6-7" screen - the Blaupunkt you mention has a 10" screen.

Then add a 4 channel amplifier and 4 speakers (components in the front and coax in the rear). These should add another 15-20k to the cost of the system.

A subwoofer can be added later. You have 2 options. You can power the subwoofer using 2 channels of the 4 channel amplifier or you can get a dedicated mono amplifier for the subwoofer. If you do the former then the rear speakers would have to be driven directly by the head unit itself.
navin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 23:46   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
With a budget of 50k I would focus on a head unit that has all the features you want. Android Auto / Car Play systems start around 20k. Typically you will...r. If you do the former then the rear speakers would have to be driven directly by the head unit itself.
Thank you so much Naveen sir.
Also please tell me if i were to get a single din system installed, what would be your suggestion?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks