Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2019, 00:57   #61
BANNED

Re: ICE for Creta base model

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakS View Post
I'd like to spend somewhere between 30-50k for the whole system including HU, Amp, Speakers and maybe a subwoofer too(sub is not a priority as of now).
With a maximum budget of ₹50,000, I'll say add a good quality HU, Front speakers, Amplifier and Damping.

HU: 20K (Pioneer or Kenwood or Sony)
Damping: 10K (1 bulk pack)
Front speakers: 10K (Components)
Amplifier: 10K (4 channel).

After a while when you can accumulate the budget, get a pair of coaxial speakers for the rear and add a subwoofer to complete the chain.

Damping is crucial, helps a lot in improving audio quality and makes the car somewhat silent too.

Check the classifieds section for good deals on used audio equipment.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 11:18   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank you so much Naveen sir.
Also please tell me if i were to get a single din system installed, what would be your suggestion?
Quote:
Earlier they had a double din system with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters.
I am not familiar with which audio shops are available in Jaipur. However I believe that the Creta has a slot for a double DIN system, and not a single DIN one. If you want to install a single DIN system you will have to also install some filler for the space left vacant.

Last edited by navin : 28th May 2019 at 11:20.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 13:11   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I am not familiar with which audio shops are available in Jaipur. However I believe that the Creta has a slot for a double DIN system, and not a single DIN one. If you want to install a single DIN system you will have to also install some filler for the space left vacant.
In Jaipur almost every good brand is available. And whatever is not available can be easily sourced via e-commerce sites or by courier from tier 1 cities.

The Creta can accommodate a double din system, yes. It used to come factory fitted till last year. But ever since Hyundai omitted the music system, they've included a panel in it's place wherein the upper half can accommodate a single din system and the lower half is a storage area. So if i install a single din system, i won't have to buy another facia plate for it.
Please find the attached image for reference:

DeepakS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 13:15   #64
BANNED

Quote:
So if i install a single din system, i won't have to buy another facia plate for it.
If you can get Pioneer 80PRS in used, please get it. Best audiophile HU.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 15:30   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
With a maximum budget of ₹50,000, I'll say add a good quality HU

HU: 20K (Pioneer or Kenwood or Sony)
Quote:
If you can get Pioneer 80PRS in used, please get it. Best audiophile HU.
Can you get the 80PRS for 20k? Does it have Andorid Auto?

I don't know a single DIN HU with Android Auto that sells for under 30k.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 17:26   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Can you get the 80PRS for 20k? Does it have Android Auto?

I don't know a single DIN HU with Android Auto that sells for under 30k.
I've seen 3 deals on another forum for 80PRS at the 17-19K range - got sold in a few hours from the moment it went live in their classifieds section. No, it doesn't get Android auto, I suggested that HU purely for its superior audio quality and tuning features part.

I can think of two 'semi'-single DIN HU's that would be Android auto compatible as they get a pop-up screen but costs over 40K (Pioneer AVH-Z7050BT costs 45K & Pioneer AVH-Z7150BT costs 47K). If the OP wants a 'budget' single DIN HU, then he has to sacrifice the Android auto feature.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 14:09   #67
BHPian

Re: ICE upgrade : Hyundai Creta

Okay so i finally installed the Blaupunkt Jamaica 970 in the Creta.
The audio output is good as per my taste. It has the following features:
2 USB ports.
2 Camera Inputs for front and backup camera
1 AV input with yellow, white and red connectors for connecting external av sources such as camcorders, portable mp4 and dvd players, cameras, etc etc.
1 Video output to connect to another display such as the displays on back of the headrests.
Bluetooth for streaming.
2 Preouts.
1 MicroSD card port(unmarked)
1 MicroSD card port for navigation naps(MapMyIndia)(To be bought separately)
Equaliser with 10 bands
A big and clear 10 inch capacitive touchscreen

So far so good.

A major gripe with the system i have is that one cannot officially install any apps in it. if you want to use any apps from your phone, the only way to do it via the PhoneLINK. PhoneLINK works via usb as well as wirelessly.

I connected the system with phone's wifi hotspot and from the in-built browser i managed to download the Chrome browser's apk file and installed it. From Chrome browser i downloaded Google Play Store apk file and installed Play Store as well. When opening the Play Store app, the system gives an error stating something like 'Play Store won't work without Google Play Services'. Now here i went back to Chrome and searched for the Google Play Services apk file on internet and downloaded that installed it. Since it's "services", it doesn't show up in the app drawer, which is fine as it's installed properly as can be seen in the settings menu of the system and going into the applications tab.
At this point, i have Chrome browser, Play Store and Google Play Services installed.
Now when i open the Play Store, it still says that the Google Play Services doesn't have permissions. Even after giving it all the permissions, it still gives the same error.
Due to this issue i am unable to download Youtube and Prime Music apps. Even if i install them by apk files, they still give the same error of not having enough permissions.

Kindly help in alleviating this issue.

Thanks in advance.
DeepakS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 22:14   #68

Hi Deepak,

can you please post a picture or two of the head unit setup to understand how it looks..and also on the audio quality front would like to understand the overall output quality.. how are the highs mids and bass ..

Regards
Kiran
Old 2nd February 2020, 14:55   #69
BHPian

Hi guys I have a Creta AT I want to upgrade my system I already have an amp and a sub picture enclosed ,my question is which speakers can fit in the front back and on the back plank which can take the power of the head unit and the amp also I want it to be removable in case i want to use the boot space
Attached Thumbnails
ICE upgrade : Hyundai Creta-20200202_122156.jpg  

ICE upgrade : Hyundai Creta-20200202_122205.jpg  

ICE upgrade : Hyundai Creta-20200202_123010.jpg  

ICE upgrade : Hyundai Creta-20200202_123222.jpg  

Old 5th February 2020, 17:09   #70
BHPian

I believe Creta can take 6.5 inch speakers in all 4 doors with spacers which should be ideally the place to install the speakers. Mostly all readily available brand speakers can go along with the Sony amplifier that you have specified.
I would suggest you to go with Hertz 165.3 components in both the doors which may cost you approximately 6-7k per pair. For now you can run the front components using the 2 channels of your amp and remaining 2 channels can be bridged to drive the sub-woofer. For now, you can drive the rear components from the head unit itself.
As a later part of the upgrade, you can upgrade the amplifier to something like Sony XM-GS6DSP(Good for basic setups using stock head units) which will be able to drive the front, rears as well as the sub-woofer.
Old 7th May 2021, 13:15   #71
BHPian

Hey guys can you suggest a decent HU upgrade for my 2016 Creta SX A/T. Really need a system with Andriod Auto + Apple Car play. If possible a system which can play youtube videos to keep my son occasionally entertained when we are at long stops.

TIA.
Old 7th May 2021, 15:39   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Hey guys can you suggest a decent HU upgrade for my 2016 Creta SX A/T. Really need a system with Andriod Auto + Apple Car play.
Any specific budget lined up for this HU change?
Old 7th May 2021, 17:36   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Any specific budget lined up for this HU change?
Anywhere around 25K, just need it to be fluid without much glitches. Don't want to spend too much as I will retain the car for another 2 years maximum.
Old 7th May 2021, 18:39   #74
BANNED

Quote:
Anywhere around 25K, just need it to be fluid without much glitches. Don't want to spend too much as I will retain the car for another 2 years maximum.
You can look at Pioneer AVH-Z5290BT, Sony XAV-AX5500, Sony XAV-AX7000 or JVC KW-V940BWM.

All of the above fall in the ₹20,000-30,000 range with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 21:13   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys can you suggest a decent HU upgrade for my 2016 Creta SX A/T. Really need a system with Andriod Auto + Apple Car play. If possible a system which can play Youtube videos to keep my son occasionally entertained when we are at long stops.
If you are looking at changing the car within 2 years from now - why spend 25K on this upgrade? Why not simply plonk in a cheap Android based unit? It will serve all your needs almost like Android Auto. And won't have the usual glitches and failures that come with actual Android Auto (trust me - depending on the handset - there can be really disappointing experiences with Android Auto also).

Then - if watching YouTube and videos is one of your prerequisites - you'll need to view them outside of Android Auto OR by adding a CarStream like app into Android Auto on a rooted handset. An Android based HU removes the need for all this hassle. It can play videos off pen-drives/memory cards + can directly stream videos from whatever app you install on it - including Netflix, Prime, Youtube & HotStar+Disney (A kids' favourite). When the time comes to let go of the car - you won't have a lot of heart-burn about giving away a pretty costly SONY/PIONEER HU with it. Android devices come with tailor made face plates + wiring harnesses. So the installation is true PnP - you can do it as a DIY as well.

Here is a sample of how it will come in the package for reference. Link - MotorBasket.com - Creta pre 2020 Android HU
You can source from a lot of places including typical accessory stores also.

Last edited by Reinhard : 9th May 2021 at 21:15.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks