Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2016, 16:54   #46
BHPian

Have few queries here . For the push button start models I have seen that the signal is passed by the head unit to the speakers as soon as the door is unlocked , if it's true for you , then how is the amp trigger working for your setup ? Also for the amp to new speaker wiring , since the door wiring boot is coupler type how is it done ?
Old 11th October 2016, 19:14   #47
BHPian

Re: ICEing up my Ford EcoSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Have few queries here . For the push button start models I have seen that the signal is passed by the head unit to the speakers as soon as the door is unlocked , if it's true for you , then how is the amp trigger working for your setup ?
That's a very genuine query and this is something that everyone looking for an update should keep in mind:

To ensure future safety and to prevent any impact on warranty claims a good installer will completely by-ass (not touch) the stock wiring. What this means is, with HU all the speakers are connected through an amp and none of them is direct connection and you wont be able to listen to any sound, any music without the engine being turned ON. This is because the wiring is such that the Amplifier is shut down with the engine.
Mine is 2015 Titanium Model, which does not have the Push start stop button,the only impact was that the music system seems to play music without firing the engine, however, no sound comes through any of the speakers. So, what this means is, the trigger is the alternator.

Quote:
Also for the amp to new speaker wiring , since the door wiring boot is coupler type how is it done ?
Didn't get this point.
Old 11th October 2016, 21:23   #48
BHPian

@BB311 - sorry I didn't get it fully on the trigger part with alternator , you mean to say the amp will turn on only when the engine is ON ? Not even ignition ON will help ?
Regarding my second query , I believe you have gone for new speaker wires from amp to the new components? If yes how is the wiring / routing of wires done from amp to the door .
Old 12th October 2016, 01:17   #49
BHPian

Quote:
@BB311 - sorry I didn't get it fully on the trigger part with alternator , you mean to say the amp will turn on only when the engine is ON ? Not even ignition ON will help ?
Exactly, Amplifier will be off as long as the alternator or in short the engine is off.

Quote:
Regarding my second query , I believe you have gone for new speaker wires from amp to the new components? If yes how is the wiring / routing of wires done from amp to the door .
Their is a water proof pipe kind of a thing that runs from A pillar to Frond doors and from B pillar to rear doors. The rear door tweeter is mounted using 3m double tape and two screws (Tape helps in dampening) on the rear door frame. Its wires are routed through floor beadings to all the way thru C pillar.

I do not have any during installation pics, however, will try getting some post installation pics tonight.

The amplifier is mounted on the back side of rear seat - 60 percent split one.

HU --> Amplifier wiring : HU -> Glove box -> Side floor beading -> Under floor matting below rear seats -- > Amplifier

Battery to Amplifier: Similar route, as mentioned above. The wire enters the cabin through passenger side's A pillar and hood hole, like all other wires. It then enters floor beading and snakes along the floor line to rear.

Do not worry about the routing, you will not be required to make a single drill hole. All fittings will still fit snugly.

You're in full mood for the upgrade right now, just find the best installer in your city.

Last edited by BB311 : 12th October 2016 at 01:18. Reason: Found something that might have shown wrong intent.
BB311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 08:34   #50
BHPian

@BB311 - the waterproof kind of pipe is the door wiring boot and for Ecosport it is socket type , means it is having pins which is detachable from the body , so I doubt you can route the wires without drilling or removing the existing

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/pr...Y=w443-h332-nc
Old 12th October 2016, 17:23   #51
BHPian

Here are some Images:

This is how the fuse looks like. The relays next to it are for my 100W headlampds.
ICEing up my Ford EcoSport-amplifier-fuse.jpg

Front Door 1
ICEing up my Ford EcoSport-wiring_fron.jpg

Front Door 2
ICEing up my Ford EcoSport-wiring_fron2.jpg

Rear Amp Fitting. Not the mess I created trying to fold the split seat only to realize, it's not possible now.
ICEing up my Ford EcoSport-rear-amp-fitting.jpg

My Focals Sub
ICEing up my Ford EcoSport-sub.jpg

Rear Component's Tweeters.
ICEing up my Ford EcoSport-tweeter_location.jpg
BB311 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 21:33   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, don't try to change the stock head units as they are the brain for all vehicle related audios/warnings as well as source controls, no after market head units capable to do the same functions. So stick with stock HU.

By the way i wanted to do the damping for the doors as my doors are vibrating when I increase the bass is the common problem in all Ecosport or only mine? After damping how it feels now?

Sorry for the off topic. Ranjith i have an extra Color MID displays which you were asking in some other thread. If u need it i can get one for you.
Old 26th October 2016, 02:07   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenu View Post
Guys, don't try to change the stock head units as they are the brain for all vehicle related audios/warnings as well as source controls, no after market head units capable to do the same functions. So stick with stock HU.

By the way i wanted to do the damping for the doors as my doors are vibrating when I increase the bass is the common problem in all Ecosport or only mine? After damping how it feels now?

Sorry for the off topic. Ranjith i have an extra Color MID displays which you were asking in some other thread. If u need it i can get one for you.

Yes Jhenu, I have sent a PM to you. Could you please check and let me know.
Old 26th October 2016, 17:37   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it's a common problem, and not just with Ecosport but with all cars. Infact, prior to dampening my Eco's tyre cover (on the boot) used to act like a woofer in itself and produced a kind of an echo due to vibration. Dampening surely helps a lot, however, not all rattlings can be solved, esp. the IRVM and sun-glass holder's rattling.
Old 27th October 2016, 14:52   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
Yes, it's a common problem, and not just with Ecosport but with all cars. Infact, prior to dampening my Eco's tyre cover (on the boot) used to act like a woofer in itself and produced a kind of an echo due to vibration. Dampening surely helps a lot, however, not all rattlings can be solved, esp. the IRVM and sun-glass holder's rattling.
I am concerned with the door pads only. Do you have any idea how much it will cost just for the doors? And what are all the places you did in you car? I am also thinking to add only a decent subwoofer probably an 8" once without occupying the Boot. Will tube sub satisfy me? Looking for best solution.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th November 2016 at 09:40. Reason: Please take the time to type your posts properly and please proof read them before submitting. Thanks!
jhenu is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th October 2016, 17:27   #56
BHPian

Quote:
I am concerned with the door pads only. Do you have any idea how much it will cost just for the doors? And what are all the places you did in you car? I am also thinking to add only a decent subwoofer probably an 8" once without occupying the Boot. Will tube sub satisfy me? Looking for best solution.
I have damped only the doors metal body as of now, and the boot, in total 3-4 sheets of stp, each costing 1500 Rs Approx. I intend to do the a second layer on doors on the interior plates and on roof as well in the future.

If you do not want to occupy the boot, a better option would be to use under seat sub woofer. How much will satisfy you will entirely depend on your taste and budget. What kind of bass would you like to have, a mellowed down one or an aggressive one ? What's your current setup and what's your budget for the ICE upgrade?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th November 2016 at 09:40. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 27th October 2016, 18:50   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
I have damped only the doors metal body as of now, and the boot, in total 3-4 sheets of stp, each costing 1500 Rs Approx. I intend to do the a second layer on doors on the interior plates and on roof as well in the future.

If you do not want to occupy the boot, a better option would be to use under seat sub woofer. How much will satisfy you will entirely depend on your taste and budget. What kind of bass would you like to have, a mellowed down one or an aggressive one ? What's your current setup and what's your budget for the ICE upgrade?
Currently I have stock setup. I wanted to add tweeters into the front door available slots and a sub woofer. I want a decent sub woofer which gives perceivable bass, not aggressive. Want to feel the bass so that the songs are rich.

Have you been there while they detach the door pads. Is it easy? I tried myself to remove the rear door pads but I find it very difficult. If you get a chance to take video please share it to me. So that I can do the tweeter job myself.

I inquired with local dealers and they quoted me 19k for 12" sub woofer setup (no damping) but i have 10k +/- budget only. Also if an 8 inch sub works well for me then I will go for it. Does changing stock speakers give any massive improvements? Any idea?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th November 2016 at 09:41. Reason: Please take the time to type your posts properly and please proof read them before submitting. Thanks!
Old 28th October 2016, 01:58   #58
BHPian

Quote:
I inquired with local dealers and they quoted me 19k for 12" sub woofer setup (no damping) but i have 10k +/- budget only. Also if an 8 inch sub works well for me then I will go for it. Does changing stock speakers give any massive improvements? Any idea?
I think you might have a reasonable thump by having a subwoofer with built in Amplifier. This can be done by something like this with inbuilt amp. You'll only need to supply power through a separate switch or a relay of some sort.

I am not sure, if you can get tweeters too, as for effective sound mix you can go for something like Absolute TW-800 tweeters, they have a built in crossover, and would work really well. However, doing both - subwoofer + tweeter will set you back by almost 15-16k.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th November 2016 at 09:42. Reason: Quoted post edited.
BB311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 11:27   #59
BHPian

I want to install tweeters only into the front door slots. not anywhere else. This will satisfy me for now. I will probably explore more on the available options for sub and decide based on that. Its not urgent for me. Thank for your help. Keep us posted about your mods.

Last edited by bblost : 26th November 2016 at 15:16. Reason: Fixed the caps and some spellings. Thanks.
Old 2nd February 2017, 20:15   #60
BHPian

I was wondering if the OP has completed his setup. Do we have any other community member who has done ICE upgrade on Ecosport ? I am basically looking forward to change the rear components tweeter location. What is the best place for that in Ecosport ? Also, my battery just died a month ago, Do we also need to upgrade the Alternator.
@Ecosport Rules, Can you share the 65Ah battery model that you have. I tried Amaron but it didnt fit in the box, and the box on the top of battery (black one - i guess ecu) was fouling with it. Any help ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks