Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2018, 08:04   #76
BHPian

@Vid6639 , it will be good to have a check on below before proceeding, the door boot wiring boot is clip type and routing Amp out to components won't be tidy enough unless the stock wire is removed from the wiring boot . Also please check on the way the head unit behaves once you unlock the car , even before the head unit is switched on , there is some signal output to speakers which can trigger the hi-lo converter to switch on the Amp.
ranjithrnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 11:04   #77
BHPian

Re: ICEing up my Ford EcoSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Bumping a slightly old thread. Have been doing a lot of research on Ecosport ICe upgrade options and bugging Navin.

I currently have Focal auditor components and coax in all 4 doors. Changing to something better and adding an amp and sub.

I didn't want an amp in boot and seeing if I can fit it below passenger seat. Since the Ecosport stock head unit doesn't have pre outs. I have shortlisted a 4 channel amp with speaker level inputs. This reduces the wiring mess.

Plan is to use the front speaker channels of the head unit to the amp and then have those drive the new front components and the sub. No RCA's need to be used and no hi-lo converter as well since the amp has it built in.

If you select an amp which has these hi-lo converters it reduces a bunch of wires needed and you can use the stock speaker wire to the amp and a new speaker cable from amp to components and sub.

This way will be minimal modifications and will be least likely to void factory warranty.

Try Blam Audio Relax 165 RX components , these run on 2 ohm and sound is clear and soothing. I have got it installed in my verna last week and they sound amazing.
Short clip of my setup running

Old 6th August 2018, 11:12   #78
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Short clip of my setup running
Which Pioneer HU is that? Is it AVIC-F80BT or the AVH series?
Old 6th August 2018, 11:34   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Which Pioneer HU is that? Is it AVIC-F80BT or the AVH series?

Thats AVH-Z5190BT , components are being powered via good old JBL-GTO1004. Also infinity sub powered via mono infinity kappa one amp.
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 13:07   #80
Senior - BHPian

Have a look at Focal FD 4.350 and Focal Bomba BP20. I have these installed in my Crysta and the little amp drives my 165 KR2s effortlessly. The powered sub is much smaller than your average sub in a sub box and the low end grunt is just amazing. When I saw the FD 4.350 I was shocked to see such a small amp, no bigger than a large phone box but flatter. The best part, apart from the amazing SQ is that the boot is usable with the amp safely hidden under my seat and the active sub hardly taking up any space in the boot.

Last edited by SPARKled : 6th August 2018 at 13:21.
Old 6th August 2018, 14:25   #81
Team-BHP Support

So this is what I finally installed in my Ecosport:

1. Morel Maximo Ultra 602 Components in the front
2. Helix D Four 4 channel Class AB amplifier. Amp has hi-lo converter in built.
3. Morel Primo 124 12 inch subwoofer.
4. Dampmat damping sheets.

Got the installation done at Top Gear by Anwar.

The sound quality is excellent. I was initially wanting a sealed subwoofer but Anwar suggested to go for ported since it's a 4 channel amp with not a lot of power and I would get slightly better bass.

Thanks to Navin for guiding me, Bass & Trouble for arranging for the speakers, amp and sub and Anwar for the Installation.

I will write a detailed thread documenting the install but the Ecosport does have it's challenged. It's not a very ICe friendly car.

PS: Will not be able to give the detailed breakup but total install cost was 50K including the sub enclosure, wiring, damping, labour.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 6th August 2018 at 14:26.
Old 7th August 2018, 11:35   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
@Vid6639 , it will be good to have a check on below before proceeding, the door boot wiring boot is clip type and routing Amp out to components won't be tidy enough unless the stock wire is removed from the wiring boot . Also please check on the way the head unit behaves once you unlock the car , even before the head unit is switched on , there is some signal output to speakers which can trigger the hi-lo converter to switch on the Amp.
Very useful post. I ended up having to just cut the wire going to connector behind the head unit and connect a new wire from head unit to amp and then from amp back to the head unit where the original speaker wire goes to the doors.

Remote trigger can't do much and the amp might be getting triggered.
Old 20th March 2019, 11:11   #83
BHPian

Is it possible to replace the Fly Audio Unit in facelifted Ecosport (in versions other than T+ & S) with Aftermarket Head Units which support Android Auto?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks