Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2017, 11:03   #61
BHPian

ICE Upgrade for Ford Ecosport 2017

Guys,

Should be getting my EcoSport 2017 in the next week or so and like any self respecting car enthusiast, I have to of course get myself an audio upgrade. I had a brief listening session in the car (Titanium+) and those 6 speakers sounded alright to me, but the low frequencies were clearly missing.

I'd appreciate advice from you guys if I can add a woofer to the setup, ofcourse the ICE screen stays, its a wonderful Sync 3, 8 inch setup with Android auto and CarPlay.

Will it be safe to add a woofer into the mix? What else can I install to make it sound tighter, and can somebody please recommend couple of dealers for aftermarket installations in Delhi which won't mess up my stock system.

Thanks for your help, have added couple of pictures here for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
ICEing up my Ford EcoSport-image-correction-1.jpg  

ICEing up my Ford EcoSport-image-correction-2.jpg  

ICEing up my Ford EcoSport-image-correction-4.jpg  

Vish_Janu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 18:42   #62
BHPian

Re: ICE Upgrade for Ford Ecosport 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Guys,

Should be getting my EcoSport 2017 in the next week or so and like any self respecting car enthusiast, I have to of course get myself an audio upgrade. I had a brief listening session in the car (Titanium+) and those 6 speakers sounded alright to me, but the low frequencies were clearly missing.

I'd appreciate advice from you guys if I can add a woofer to the setup, ofcourse the ICE screen stays, its a wonderful Sync 3, 8 inch setup with Android auto and CarPlay.

Will it be safe to add a woofer into the mix? What else can I install to make it sound tighter, and can somebody please recommend couple of dealers for aftermarket installations in Delhi which won't mess up my stock system.

Thanks for your help, have added couple of pictures here for reference.

Well, Honestly sky is the limit. You can go for Front Components, Amplifiers, Digital Audio Processors and ofcourse Rear Subwoofers.

I think what is important is how much you want to spend, how much output you expect etc.

My Vento came with the Stock Stereo and I didn't want to change the Head Unit. This is what I got:
1) Front Components (Rainbow Dream lines. Around 14K)
2) Alpine 4 channel Amp. (Already had it from the previous car). Weakest link the setup including the Head Unit.
3) Rainbow Dream Line 12 inch Sub woofer.
4) 4 doors and the Boot damped.

Since I had the Amp, the rest of the stuff costed me close to 40K. The sound with good bitrate MP3 is good, but not exceptional as I am using the Stock HU and my Sub woofer is still under powered. It needs a dedicated Mono Amp, but I am good with the current setup. Fulfills my need.

CHEERS!!

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 18:49   #63
Senior - BHPian

First find a GOOD installer. Then source a 4ch. Amp and a 12inch subwoofer. Ask for a vented box to be made for the sub and some good wiring for the amp. Amplifier is a must. Once that is installed you can think about better component speakers in the future.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 20:20   #64

Some pointers:

1. Have some patience. I know the itch to get the best in your new car from day 1 but this is is ICE and decisions should not be made in a hurry.

2. Live with the stock system for a month or so and identify what exactly does it lack. This will set your expectations right.

The path for upgrade in order of execution:

1. Front components.
2. Amp
3. Sub
4. Damping.
5. Rear components.

You do not need to do it all in one go. You can follow the above upgrades one at a time depending on your needs and budget.

Good Installers, I know of:

1. Driven - East of Kailash (along metro line)
2. Motor Concepts - Kirti Nagar (along metro line)
3. Could also try Lajpat Nagar market(along metro line, next to Samara Honda).
5hadow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 10:44   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Well, Honestly sky is the limit. You can go for Front Components, Amplifiers, Digital Audio Processors and ofcourse Rear Subwoofers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
First find a GOOD installer. Then source a 4ch. Amp and a 12inch subwoofer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
Some pointers:

1. Have some patience. I know the itch to get the best in your new car from day 1 but this is is ICE and decisions should not be made in a hurry.

2. Live with the stock system for a month or so and identify what exactly does it lack. This will set your expectations right.
Gentlemen, just got to know that Ford will immediately void electrical warranty if Install speakers etc, but it is good if the set-up is plug and play types.

Can you all suggest any setup which will not involve cutting etc of wires, but still improve the audio quality?

Thanks very much

Last edited by navin : 14th November 2017 at 11:23. Reason: Please do not quote the full post, just the relevent sections
Old 14th November 2017, 11:29   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Gentlemen, just got to know that Ford will immediately void electrical warranty if Install speakers etc, but it is good if the set-up is plug and play types.
Any good installer will have wires that are similar to those shown below. The exact type will depend on the connection offered by the Head Unit / Car Stereo unit used in the car.
Attached Thumbnails
ICEing up my Ford EcoSport-plug-play-car-speaker-wire-5.jpg  

ICEing up my Ford EcoSport-plug-play-car-speaker-wire-4.jpg  

ICEing up my Ford EcoSport-plug-play-car-speaker-wire-3.jpg  

ICEing up my Ford EcoSport-plug-play-car-speaker-wire-2.jpg  

ICEing up my Ford EcoSport-plug-play-car-speaker-wire.jpg  

navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 11:31   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Any good installer will have wires that are similar to those shown below. The exact type will depend on the connection offered by the Head Unit / Car Stereo unit used in the car.
Thanks Navin

Can you please tell me what are these wires called, and what should I instruct my installer to do. Definitely want to install a woofer, which I guess would need an amp as well.
Old 14th November 2017, 11:34   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Navin

Can you please tell me what are these wires called, and what should I instruct my installer to do. Definitely want to install a woofer, which I guess would need an amp as well.
The wires are well known. Different brands have different nomenclature for them but you can use the generic term "plug and play car speaker connector" and your installer should know what you are talking about. Besides you have the pics I posted as well.

If you want to install a subwoofer, you will need an amplifier (or you could install an "active subwoofer" which is really an amp and a woofer in one box).
navin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 12:30   #69
BHPian

Re: ICEing up my Ford EcoSport

Thanks Navin and others again for your inputs in the past few days.

Made proper use of my Saturday and upgraded the stock audio on my new Ecosport.

I visited JB initially for a discussion, and as ever he was very helpful and informative. Though his suggested set-up seemed out of my budget.

Then I paid a visit to Motor Concepts, after reading about their installs here. It was my first visit to their workshop and I was impressed by their installation process. Everything was done professionally, and Aman assured me that my electrical warranty won't be void.

I got the following installed:

Front door stock speakers out - Installed DLS MA6.2 components

Rear door speakers stay put, along with the centre speaker - continue to powered by HU.

Installed a 12" Rockford Fosgate subwoofer in an enclosure

Components and sub powered by Digital Designs A4 amp

Dynamat on front doors and boot door.

Cabling by audison, plugs/LO converter by Scosche

Total - Rs 41,000 everything inclusive

-----
Side notes
That speaker behind the screen is just a centre speaker, NOT A SUBWOOFER.

and the stock speakers mentioned no brand, so they aren't Kenwood, as speculated earlier.
Attached Thumbnails
ICEing up my Ford EcoSport-img_1028.jpg  

ICEing up my Ford EcoSport-img_1029.jpg  

ICEing up my Ford EcoSport-img_1033.jpg  

ICEing up my Ford EcoSport-img_1032.jpg  

Vish_Janu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 23:13   #70
BHPian

Please share some more pictures of wiring and amplifier placement if you have any. Also if new speaker wires were used how is it routed to door as the door is having a coupler type wiring arrangement .
Old 20th November 2017, 11:05   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Please share some more pictures of wiring and amplifier placement if you have any. Also if new speaker wires were used how is it routed to door as the door is having a coupler type wiring arrangement .
Amp is placed under the front passenger seat, below the storage bin.

Sorry, unsure about the wiring arrangement.
Old 13th December 2017, 22:06   #72
BHPian

Quote:
T
Then I paid a visit to Motor Concepts, after reading about their installs here. It was my first visit to their workshop and I was impressed by their installation process. Everything was done professionally, and Aman assured me that my electrical warranty won't be void.
Congratulations Vish. This is a very decent setup, very similar to mine. And yes, Aman is a gem of a person and I am in love with the work @ Motorconcepts.

For stage 2 - Do get Dampmat installed on Roof and rear doors too. Getting components in the rear would be an overkill, you can check my setup on previous pages.

Have Fun.
Old 3rd March 2018, 20:32   #73
BHPian

I'm also trying to get an amp and sub installed but trying my best to understand how to work around the electical warranty void possibility as much as possible. I do not trust the installers. They will promise that they will take care of it and the moment you turn around, the blade goes right through the wires. Did a lot of browsing but did not get any hints on how to do it.
Old 1st April 2018, 11:03   #74
BHPian

I have a trend variant of the previous gen ecosport. Would like to upgrade my stock HU to a better unit with navigation. Any suggestions?
Old 25th July 2018, 12:18   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
I'm also trying to get an amp and sub installed but trying my best to understand how to work around the electical warranty void possibility as much as possible. I do not trust the installers. They will promise that they will take care of it and the moment you turn around, the blade goes right through the wires. Did a lot of browsing but did not get any hints on how to do it.
Bumping a slightly old thread. Have been doing a lot of research on Ecosport ICe upgrade options and bugging Navin.

I currently have Focal auditor components and coax in all 4 doors. Changing to something better and adding an amp and sub.

I didn't want an amp in boot and seeing if I can fit it below passenger seat. Since the Ecosport stock head unit doesn't have pre outs. I have shortlisted a 4 channel amp with speaker level inputs. This reduces the wiring mess.

Plan is to use the front speaker channels of the head unit to the amp and then have those drive the new front components and the sub. No RCA's need to be used and no hi-lo converter as well since the amp has it built in.

If you select an amp which has these hi-lo converters it reduces a bunch of wires needed and you can use the stock speaker wire to the amp and a new speaker cable from amp to components and sub.

This way will be minimal modifications and will be least likely to void factory warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks