Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2019, 18:43   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Carplay with ios12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
b. You do need an adapter, though the inbuilt settings has a setting for Japanese cars. In my case, my installer messed up the adapter too. To this day, the steering control has not worked, but it should not be so in your case.
You can power off the unit & go to the settings -> steering wheel control

There, you choose Without adaper / Korean Car. (Yes. KOREAN!)

Now you can configure the steering wheel button to whatever you want.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 10:07   #107
BHPian

Re: Carplay with ios12

Quote:
See the reply above from /u/Sridhu. All the answers are on the mark.

Check out some Sony models that are retailing for 25k or less, with a knob for volume control. 5090BT has a sharp, thin bar for a volume control.

https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/i...ers/xav-ax3000
My budget is flexible but would want it to be in 20-30k range. A clean finish / fit is a must. Perhaps will wait for a while or will look at the Android based system which come with the panel.

~m
Old 17th February 2019, 22:22   #108

Re: Installed! Pioneer AVH-Z5090BT in my Honda City

I recently (July 2018) purchased a Honda City V MT which is my second car (my wife has an Alto K10 VXi). I have driven only ~3K kms so far and hoping to take it on a long drive to south Tamil Nadu in March. Based on my drive experiences (90% within the city and I do take it to airport once in a while), the car performance is phenomenal. The iVtec engine is such a pleasure to drive and I enjoy every moment of it!!

The only (so far) concern is the city's shoddy entertainment system. Though I had researched extensively before zeroing on it and knew that entertainment system is laggy, I didn't expect such a lag. It just freezes sometimes and the bluetooth quality is abymal. I have shown it twice to the Honda service center and each time they certify that its performing good (whereas its not). Also the pathetic maps which comes along with it (i-go) :-(

I went for City primarily because of its very good rear seat comfort (I had verna also in my shortlist and didn't choose it only for the above reason). My question is has any City owners installed any third party infotainment system? I was researching few and found Sony XAV-AX5000 6.95 to be really good (it also has Android Auto which would be an icing on the cake for me as I use maps literally every day). In case we install it, does the existing warranty go void?

I'm in two minds whether to go for it or get used to this crappy music system every day. Please help!!
Old 20th February 2019, 18:40   #109
BHPian

Has anyone installed this on the Duster (2017 onward models)? Any reviews?
Old 27th February 2019, 14:23   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvarvish View Post
I'm in two minds whether to go for it or get used to this crappy music system every day. Please help!!
This thread is about the installation of a Pioneer system in a Honda City. Did you go through the thread? What help do you need? I have heard Honda people talking about warranty void etc but I am really not sure if they have done this to someone. The installation is mostly plug and play. Get a HU which suits your budget, and given that we are nearing 2020, get a HU with a capacitive touch screen.
Old 27th February 2019, 16:50   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvarvish View Post
My question is has any City owners installed any third party infotainment system?

In case we install it, does the existing warranty go void?
If you read this thread (and several others on this forum) you will find several users who have installed third party systems in their Honda City. There are very specific questions about the Z5090BT that have already been answered on this thread. If you want answers about the Sony AX5000 then please see the thread below.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...av-ax5000.html (DIY: Upgrading the Hyundai Verna's Head-Unit (Sony XAV-AX5000))

Even if your installer does not cut and splice wires and uses the standard connectors for connecting the system your manufacturer is legally free to void your warranty although in practice it is rarely done (if the install is clean and the installer has used proper connectors and not spliced the wire).

Last edited by navin : 27th February 2019 at 16:52.
Old 6th July 2019, 22:57   #112
Senior - BHPian

Anyone on this thread who has changed the ICE on their Honda City have an answer to my question here ? : URL
Old 30th December 2019, 12:49   #113
vns

Last week I replaced my old HU with DMH-Z5290BT on my swift. It costed me 19k with fitting included. Both android auto and apple carplay worked seamlessly fine. Yet to test the weblink app through which we can stream video content as well.
vns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 14:27   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
If you read this thread (and several others on this forum) you will find several users who have installed third party systems in their Honda City. There are very specific questions about the Z5090BT that have already been answered on this thread. If you want answers about the Sony AX5000 then please see the thread below.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...av-ax5000.html (DIY: Upgrading the Hyundai Verna's Head-Unit (Sony XAV-AX5000))
Hey Navin,

Which one would you recommend between Pioneer AVH-Z5290BT vs Sony xav-ax5000?

One obvious benefit with the Sony's system is that it has a Capacitive touchscreen. Apart from that what are the other differences and factors on which I can base my decision?

I am ready to pay a little more but I do not want a laggy frustrating experience with the HU.
Old 8th September 2020, 17:56   #115
BHPian

I am unable to locate the remote control. Could someone please let me know the model number written on the remote, a pic would be great.

I did not find in the local stores and Pioneer asked me to provide the exact part number.

Thanks in advance.
Old 4th April 2022, 13:30   #116
Senior - BHPian

Folks

When I upgraded my phone to S22 Ultra, this unit became unusable on the Jazz.

I have updated both the phone & HU firmware (HU: 8.36) but it simply does not show the Android Auto (AA) screen after connecting.

I have tried deleting the phone in BT on the HU, the HU on the phone, resetting/ reinstalling AA on the phone, new cables, OE cables ... the works. But, nothing does!

I mailed Pioneer India support - they washed their hands "Reference to below mail would like to apprise you that Android Auto is not a Pioneer India software therefore in case of any compatibility concern with your new smartphone running on Android 12 customer has to directly approach Android Auto.
Also note as of now there is no firmware available for this model AVH-Z5090BT."

I have raised the issue in AA forums & Samsung Community as well. (Seems to be a globalish problem)

Any suggestions on what to do?

Any suggestions on what HU I should look at to get AA functionality back? (THe Pioneer pioneer DMH-ZS9350BT works reasonably ok (crashes & loses GPS every once in a while) with my phone. But I do not want to spend 80k (or even the 50k the 6350 costs)! And I do not see why should give any more business to Pioneer when they dont provide support anyway.
Old 10th July 2022, 20:28   #117
Senior - BHPian

I am looking at a hu for my f-i-l's 4g Honda City. I've read that most stereos don't support the call buttons on the steering. Right now the pio 5290 seems to be the current model. I would like to know if these buttons will work with the pio or any hu at all
Old 24th July 2022, 11:06   #118

I am looking to replace my Honda City Digipad (2017).I saw a post on Youtube about Woodman brand ICE. Apparently they supply a fascia and connectors as per your car model. Has anyone installed it? I visited their site and they have installation partners in most of the major cities. It seems they are not available in any store but can be bought online only and retails for around 25k.
Old 24th July 2022, 13:46   #119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I am looking at a hu for my f-i-l's 4g Honda City. I've read that most stereos don't support the call buttons on the steering. Right now the pio 5290 seems to be the current model. I would like to know if these buttons will work with the pio or any hu at all
I was using 5290 in my 4th gen Honda City (pre facelift), the call buttons were not supported. As per the information I got from the installer, the call buttons are supported in facelift model Honda City. I don't have first hand experience in this regard, but just letting you know what I got to know from a reputed installer in Cochin (Kerala).
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 20:54   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Ask me any specific questions you may have. I will try to answer them to the best of my knowledge. Sorry about the poor-quality photos.
Hey,

Could you retain the stock USB and AUX ports near the gear lever?

I want to retain it since I will be using the USB port for CarPlay / Android Auto

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks