Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2007, 18:26   #166
Senior - BHPian

A Parrot that says it all

Parrot's new RK8200 car stereo plays nice with everything - Engadget

Quote:
Looking for a car stereo that does it all? Maybe the boys and girls at Parrot can help you out with its latest and greatest -- the RK8200. In a rare case of ultimate convergence, the electronics-maker is bringing you a head-unit for your vehicle which boasts a USB port, SD card reader, line-in jack, iPod connector, and A2DP Bluetooth support. Let's be honest -- that's a lot of options for your system. In addition to the Swiss-Army-like connectivity choices, the stereo has 2GB of onboard storage, and the faceplate drops down to reveal an area where you can store a device (or anything else). The RK8200 can also be coupled with a mobile phone for hands-free talking / dialing, can hold up to 8000 of your precious contacts, and touts voice recognition and intelligent microphone switching. Here's the kicker: you don't even have to rob a bank to get one of these puppies -- the stereo will be out by the end of the year for the very affordable price of £149.99 (or around $302).
I'm not a fan of the finish on this one, but well, it is reasonably priced. I think it tries to look a bit too much like the Alpine iDAX001, but maybe that's just me
Old 28th September 2007, 00:13   #167
BHPian

Kickass!! especially for the price!!! But can you hold a device in there while it's connected to USB or Aux-In (or the iPod jack in case of iPods?)
Old 28th September 2007, 11:00   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
...But can you hold a device in there while it's connected to USB or Aux-In (or the iPod jack in case of iPods?)
Apparently that's what that place behind the face-plate is for. You can connect your device and leave it in that receptacle
Old 16th December 2007, 16:14   #169
BHPian

iPOD connector to Pioneer 5950 IB

Dear LBM and other gyani's,

I have Pio 5950 IB head Unit..I wm wondering what best should I do to connect an iPod to it..should I go in for the CD-I200 cable as it will charge the iPod also...
some car accessories guy says I can connect it as an aux-in also..but I suppose tht would be a waste of the IB unit..isnt it ? ..as I cannot use the iPod control functions of the HU and the aux jack would not give any direct control of the ipod..

Please suggest..
And would you know where in bangalore can I find the CD-I200 cable ?

Also, I am currently trying to connect an iPod shuffle 1 GB..(the smallest iPod)..I hope I can dock it and connect it once I have the CD-I200 cable..or whatever you suggest..Please help out...

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
@LBM, I have a pioneer 6950IB and i am planning to connect a IPOD or a USB Pen Drive to it.
So to connect a IPOD should i buy CD-I200 or CD-IB100 II ???
And to connect a USB drive should i buy CD-IU50 or CD-UB100???

I am getting confused between these, please help me...

Vijay
Old 7th January 2008, 13:56   #170
BHPian

Pioneer 6950IB w/Ipod cable!!

Zing and others,

It's been a while, but I finally got my new toy installed - the Pioneer 6950IB HU with Ipod control cable!! finally my Ipod will not sit around uselessly at home...

For those who want(ed) to know, the Ipod cable is the CD-1200 as mentioned before - cost around Rs. 990 and allows direct control of the Ipod connected to the HU along with recharging the Ipod battery.

This cable (and HU), I got at Sprocket @ Bangalore, although I'm pretty sure you can find it at other places in town, such as Sound Factor.

My impressions of the unit - sound quality w/Ipod input is quite good, although EQ has to be adjusted for some songs (i.e. live recordings). The Ipod control interface is quite good and intuitive, with enough space on the display to show playlists/artists/etc as well as ID3 tags. I'd have to say that playlist access is probably the single most important feature for me, since it would be a drag to listen to songs in order/randomly.

As long as u have good ID3 tags/playlist names, etc on your ipod, you should be able to navigate quite well.

My other option within Pioneer was the 7950UB unit, which allows for USB access as well as direct Ipod control and comes with a motorized faceplate. It's a nice unit for those willing to spend around 15k.

Zing, I recommend you go for the Ipod direct cable rather than just the aux-in cable. I realize that Panasonic also has a couple of systems that feature direct Ipod control, but the cable is extremely clunky and long unlike the Pioneer one.

Comments?
Old 7th January 2008, 14:35   #171
Senior - BHPian

How much does the 6950IB cost ?
Old 7th January 2008, 15:07   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
How much does the 6950IB cost ?
Approx 6.5k might be less as new models are in.
Old 7th January 2008, 15:30   #173
BHPian

I paid right around 10k including the 1k Ipod cable. This puts the unit itself at 9k, depending on where u go. I agree Sprocket (Blr.) is on the higher side.
Old 9th January 2008, 17:49   #174
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420 View Post
I paid right around 10k including the 1k Ipod cable. This puts the unit itself at 9k, depending on where u go. I agree Sprocket (Blr.) is on the higher side.
you can get a Pio 7950UB with motorized panel + USB for around 9k.

Last edited by NIP : 9th January 2008 at 17:50.
Old 10th January 2008, 00:26   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
you can get a Pio 7950UB with motorized panel + USB for around 9k.
And pioneer 5050 for 6.5k which also has USB.
Old 20th January 2008, 18:54   #176
BHPian

well, I don't believe the 5050 comes with iPod direct control though. NIP, where can u get a 7950UB for 9k in Bangalore?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks