Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2007, 12:43   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
The blowers in the dash are a great location for flush-mounting the tweeters. (If you don't use them much. I've never used them).
Well actually they are just grills to cover the mount nut for the dash board so I will try and get a removable pod made. Where should I angle it? Towards the seat belt mount?

Quote:
(Having a fiberglass guy on hand is a luxury which I think you must use).
Took me some time to find one.

Quote:
Couple of tweeter pods I'd seen recently on the net for inspiration:
The first image is a good reference. I will make something like this albeit a bit taller I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
All I know is that you lows should be handled by the pair or subs you are getting so you dont need to run the 6x9s fullrange (I might be wrong here)
Got your point thanks bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Halfway up the A-Pillar would be a little too high IMHO. I think you shouldn't go higher than say 1 or 2 inches above dash-level at the most. Ideal would be at top-of-dash level.
Noted. Will scrap the half way up idea .

Quote:
for .8 cuft the sizes you can use are.....(change the dim mentioned in the above drawing as they are of my box which has a internal volume of approx 1.5 cuft so I have written the corresponding dim in front of the required for your enclosure with the internal volume of .84 cuft in which you can subtract the .04 cuft for the driver displacement resulting in the net volume of .8 for your purpose...)

18 -> 17
15 -> 10
10 -> 8
15.5 -> 14
Great work there LBM. You saved me a day by these pictures. Thanks for the detailed sizes too. Well any suggestions for the box internals? Do I need polyfill? What is it used for?
Old 24th April 2007, 12:55   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
All I know is that you lows should be handled by the pair or subs you are getting so you dont need to run the 6x9s fullrange (I might be wrong here)
sometimes people like a bit of boost in the midbass. it is perfectly understandable as this is the region where road noise is most apparent. Hence they run the 6x9 fullrange along with a sub. the only danger of this being is that if pushed too hard the 6x9 might distort before the sub.
Old 24th April 2007, 12:59   #18
Team-BHP Support

My fronts will be run off the Magnat amp while the rears will be powered by the headunit. Is it a good idea to do so? I only have a 2-ch amp for now.
Old 24th April 2007, 13:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Great work there LBM. You saved me a day by these pictures. Thanks for the detailed sizes too. Well any suggestions for the box internals? Do I need polyfill? What is it used for?

you are welcome....the polyfill is used to make the sub feel that it is in a bigger enclousre as the polyfill will damped the rear waves of the subs........I would say listen to the setup without the polyfill and then with ...compare the two......decide your self.....the best way to do it...
Old 24th April 2007, 13:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
if pushed too hard the 6x9 might distort before the sub.

the 6x9 cannot take the sub freq and they will bound to distort.....so enable the HPF on the head and adjust at which the 6x9 perform the best at all volumes......

Quote:
My fronts will be run off the Magnat amp while the rears will be powered by the headunit. Is it a good idea to do so? I only have a 2-ch amp for now.

ya it is fine.....
Old 24th April 2007, 13:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well actually they are just grills to cover the mount nut for the dash board so I will try and get a removable pod made.
Duh! I didn't know that!

Quote:
Where should I angle it? Towards the seat belt mount?
Yep. Tweeters are best angled toward top of the seat-belt mount on the opposite side, (or towards the headrest of the seat on the opposite side).
Old 24th April 2007, 13:35   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Navin thanks for the suggestion. I will get in touch with Dr. rsjaurr...
Moral, the doc has a spare Reference driver, not Kappa.
Old 24th April 2007, 13:42   #23
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Navin, LBM and Hydra for the inputs.

Yes Determinus, I checked the link and found the reference driver.

Well any pointers on this one:

Quote:
According to Shrivz, the speaker cable should be mounted in a direction using a convention. The label on the speaker wire should start reading from the amplifier and go up to the speakers in reading direction. I have mounted them ulta. I will lay them again in reverse direction.
Old 24th April 2007, 13:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

no need to ulta putla.....it will be fine.....no need to change the label or such.....
Old 24th April 2007, 13:54   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
no need to ulta putla.....it will be fine.....no need to change the label or such.....
So they are non-directional?
Old 24th April 2007, 15:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So they are non-directional?
yes sir.................................
Old 25th April 2007, 01:48   #27
BHPian

Quote:
What is running on full range? My ICE knowledge is limited!
Full range means u will not be using a crossover's HPF (High Pass Filter) to cut the low frequencies from the 6x9.. the speaker will only be outputting all frequency range unlike if u use HPF the output frequencies will be 80 or 120 or 180 upwards depending on the crossover setting.. Try setting the HPF in the head unit to 80 HZ... U will get good mid-bass from the 6x9'ers...
Cheerssssss

Last edited by EVO6 : 25th April 2007 at 01:51.
Old 27th April 2007, 16:52   #28
Team-BHP Support

Guys, I will be putting in the amplifier on Sunday. I need some tips on tuning up the amplifier. I dont want to try this myself and fry the speaker coils.

A question for you Sam, the Infinity Ref 5010 cs midbass has provision for a pair of cable connections. Any specific reason for providing two connections points for one midbass?
Old 27th April 2007, 16:58   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

It is a common connector for almost all speakers. Basically 2 lugs per side. One pointing to the side and one pointing below.

This is useful in the case of door installs (Sometimes the wire needs to come from down, sometimes from the side)

Sometimes is is useful if you're connecting another speaker in parallel.

Sometimes one breaks and you use the other. It's all good.
Old 27th April 2007, 17:03   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
It is a common connector for almost all speakers. Basically 2 lugs per side. One pointing to the side and one pointing below.

This is useful in the case of door installs (Sometimes the wire needs to come from down, sometimes from the side)

Sometimes is is useful if you're connecting another speaker in parallel.

Sometimes one breaks and you use the other. It's all good.
That sounds logical and answers my question well. How about setting the amplifier?

Most Viewed