Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2007, 10:58   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Oh My God LBM what happened to your tweeter? It looks to be soaked in a bucket of glue!
It is a 3-years old tweeter....what happend to it dont ask....I had to repair it as I had to sell it..........it is all dust and what not on the tweeter.....rest after the repair it was working fine......
Old 5th May 2007, 11:32   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The thickness of the speakerwire is the only concern for solder. Can I still not do it? No alternatives possible?
no also once the wire is soldered the joint will have to carry the weight of the wire. so it makes sense to use a thinner wire at the point of solder. BTW a tweeter does not need thick wire. it carries barely 10% of the power (depending on XO freq and slope).
Old 5th May 2007, 12:33   #48
Senior - BHPian

Kiran, that Wuerth damping model is crap. Dont buy any more of it. There's another model that is sold in sheets of about 3' x 1.5'. That will do a better job. This one is just foam, serves as a thermal insulator and absorbs a bit of the high frequency content of road noise, no help to bass or to stiffen body parts.

While soldering the tweeter terminal, make sure you clean the part of the terminal properly and then solder it and then put a heat shrink sleeve on it. In some tweeters the terminal is sometimes very close to the u-pot of the neo magnet. Make sure the solder deosnt spill onto the magnet anywhere and cause a short.
Old 7th May 2007, 11:45   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Kiran, that Wuerth damping model is crap. Dont buy any more of it. There's another model that is sold in sheets of about 3' x 1.5'. That will do a better job. This one is just foam, serves as a thermal insulator and absorbs a bit of the high frequency content of road noise, no help to bass or to stiffen body parts.
Thanks for the heads up Ajay. I have ensured that I dont clean the panel surface before applying the damping so that I can remove it very easily. In fact as easy as just peeling off the damping .

Quote:
While soldering the tweeter terminal, make sure you clean the part of the terminal properly and then solder it and then put a heat shrink sleeve on it. In some tweeters the terminal is sometimes very close to the u-pot of the neo magnet. Make sure the solder deosnt spill onto the magnet anywhere and cause a short.
Did that using some spirit and took me a good 2 hours to get the solder right. Managed to do an ok ok job. Connected everything last evening and disaster struck. As soon as I turned on the ignition, the "Protect LED" on the amp lit. I dont know what to do and how it happened. I cross verified a few times if the connections were done right and have found no probs with it. What could be wrong?

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th May 2007 at 11:46.
Old 7th May 2007, 12:05   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did that using some spirit and took me a good 2 hours to get the solder right. Managed to do an ok ok job. Connected everything last evening and disaster struck. As soon as I turned on the ignition, the "Protect LED" on the amp lit. I dont know what to do and how it happened. I cross verified a few times if the connections were done right and have found no probs with it. What could be wrong?
Disconnect all the speaker wires from the amp and power the amp up with just the main, earthing and remote wires connected. If it powers up fine, there's a short somewhere in the speaker wiring. If not, the amp has a problem. Let me know how it goes.
Old 7th May 2007, 12:11   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Disconnect all the speaker wires from the amp and power the amp up with just the main, earthing and remote wires connected. If it powers up fine, there's a short somewhere in the speaker wiring. If not, the amp has a problem. Let me know how it goes.
Great will do this in the lunch break and let you know.

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th May 2007 at 12:13.
Old 7th May 2007, 13:23   #52
Team-BHP Support

I disconnected all the speakers connections and turned on the ignition. The amp still goes into protect. What could be wrong?
Old 7th May 2007, 13:51   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I disconnected all the speakers connections and turned on the ignition. The amp still goes into protect. What could be wrong?
Something is wrong with the amp.
Old 7th May 2007, 14:42   #54
Team-BHP Support

Abhi kya karne ka? Setup is in a frozen state.
Old 7th May 2007, 15:13   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Abhi kya karne ka? Setup is in a frozen state.
Get your amp checked.....is it a new amp or a older one......
Old 7th May 2007, 15:20   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree with B&T.

Where did you get the amp from MF? Had you checked it before you paid for it?

Totally OT:
Soooooo cute. little_bass_makker!!!
Old 7th May 2007, 15:24   #57
Team-BHP Support

Its a new amp from old stock. Did not check it before I bought it. Will get it fixed, since it wasn't in warranty.

Totally OT again:

Slightly bigger bass maker:

Edit 2:

Quote:
Where did you get the amp from MF?
Sigh! I wish I had chosen a screen name sensibly :(

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th May 2007 at 15:32.
Old 7th May 2007, 16:22   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Totally OT:
Soooooo cute. little_bass_makker!!!
Quote:
Totally OT again:

Slightly bigger bass maker:

100 % ......the pic in my avtar is my daughter.....she is very cute.....touchwood.....

and in the pic below it is me with a good pair of headphone which I dont remember which brand but the AMP is COSMIC. solid amp....it is using 3055 transistor and by the side of amp is the AKAI spool tape deck....it is quite old stuff...and I still have them....
Old 7th May 2007, 16:59   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Continuing the off topic trend, why does MF have your childhood photos? I'm confused.
Old 7th May 2007, 17:03   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Continuing the off topic trend, why does MF have your childhood photos? I'm confused.
Sir please check my profile Sam Bhai......

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/member...ss_makker.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks